• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please change the Stock Icons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vro

Smash Lord
This should be top priority. It is very easy to confuse stock numbers.

No discuss.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
Personally hoping for shun-one and hamyojo's square stocks in 2.6. Even if they don't try for any other HUD change, I think a more viewable one like that is still desperately needed.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Shun_One's HUD should be used in tournaments.

Square stocks are ugly though.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
You can get that HUD and use it in PM, it's the first one I tried because I had the pixel portraits and whatnot, so I thought pixelated numbers and stocks would fit perfectly. It just looked bigger and more clunky to me though, the HUD shun made is much cleaner and sleek looking. I also really like the square stocks :c

If they could make smaller, sleeker looking hearts for stocks, that'd actually be pretty awesome.

hamyojo

Smash Ace
The issue with heart stocks is that it's a bit too complicated of a shape to be competitive and doesn't really fit the P:M theme.
Sowwy

hamyojo

Smash Ace
Parallelograms //// would be an awesome shape for stocks. If that's even possible.
We'll consider it for future builds, that's a good idea.
Thing is we don't want to make different builds for every shape, that'd be a pain.

TheDevicer

Smash Cadet
Not to worry. I've seen previews of what these guys have whipped up and planned and they look awesome. If you guys don't get a new HUD in the next demo, which is highly unlikely, then you can count on getting the one they've been working on.

Kati

Smash Lord
hearts are too complicated eh? I get that they don't fit the style, but they have a much sharper border than the default circles.

Personally I think the melee hud you have provided is the best.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Hearts get the thumbs down but parallelograms get the OK? Why not just have triangle stocks too while we're at it? :(

Nonetheless, you did a good job with the HUD hammy, and I think everyone here uses it now lol.

hamyojo

Smash Ace
Hearts get the thumbs down but parallelograms get the OK? Why not just have triangle stocks too while we're at it? :(

Nonetheless, you did a good job with the HUD hammy, and I think everyone here uses it now lol.
It's not just me working on it, it's been a group effort.
Most of the tough stuff has been done by Shun_One, Devicer, and a few others.
I'm just PR and ideas, kinda.

And we were discussing triangles earlier, actually.
I may get to work on making a bunch of different shapes just for the few people who want them. It's just basic geometry, what could possibly go wrong?

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
circle is easier to see by glancing than the slant or triangle imo
Same here, but the more options, the better. Tbh I use the SSBM replica with the the circle stock icons. Also I don't like the parallelogram, slant thingy so didn't bother doing that one unless of course I could make this. I'm focusing more on other shapes that'll work, but I will probably make the parallelogram available tomorrow.

:phone:

jalued

Smash Lord
Same here, but the more options, the better. Tbh I use the SSBM replica with the the circle stock icons. Also I don't like the parallelogram, slant thingy so didn't bother doing that one unless of course I could make this. I'm focusing more on other shapes that'll work, but I will probably make the parallelogram available tomorrow.

Is it possible to have different colours added to them? For example it could be green when full, yellow when halfway and red when there is only 1 left, kinda like a health gauge but with stocks

TheDevicer

Smash Cadet
For the record, I haven't done anything for the HUD project outside of feedback As for changing colors, that's currently impossible. The only way I can see this being done is through coding the HUD to read p-1 stocks when at 1 stock, p-2 when at 2, and so on.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Fatman, I am blown away by what your doing.

I would have made the parallelograms thicker in my original example but this board wouldn't allow me to. Your P3 stock has a unique edgeless capsule shape that I like, though not rectangular.

Your further idea of having the parallelograms connected like a segmented life bar that is being drained is a really great idea. I hope you stick with it because I know it will become one of the most popular hud choices.

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
Fatman, I am blown away by what your doing.

I actually would have made the parallelograms thicker in my example but this board wouldn't allow me to, but Hamyojo noticed that issue right away.

Your further idea of having the parallelograms connected like a segmented life bar that is being drained is a really great idea. I hope you stick with it because I know it will become one of the most popular hud choices.
Thanks, I got that idea from another person though and that will be pretty hard to make I don't think I can make it like the life bar. Also an image can only be so big for the stock icon, which isn't big at all so it can't be that thick. It will be hard enough to make the parallelograms next to each other the way they are in that pic as I would need to change the stock icon's position, but from my knowledge it may be possible. Although since nobody from my knowledge even attempted this before, I am not sure. I'll see what can be done. That little background behind the bars is a maybe, but I'll investigate on that. Although I might need some experienced Brawlbox people to tell me since I'm not that experienced. I won't give up, unless someone who's really experienced and tried doing this in the past flat out tells me "It can't be done."

Btw I got the parallelogram pic from post 43, sorry if you have trouble finding it, but from my phone I can't send you to the direct post. Also fyi the post next to it may have a clearer explanation to the parallelogram issue. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=331895&page=3

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Doing the parallelograms next to each other cane be done. In-fact, I can probably pull that off now. I'm experimenting with a few new designs right now.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
If we needed someone in the PMBR to redo the aesthetics of like the HUD and the timer and the menu, Shun_one would get a vote from me lolol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom