• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royal 2 rumors

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
There is a rumor floating around of a psabr2 game for the ps5. It might be a live service game with little offline content and it’ll have Crash, Aloy, Deacon, Ellie, Joel, Spyro along with all the characters from the previous games. I’d like to hear thoughts of people on the boards.

osby

Smash Obsessed
New PSASBR rumors happen every other year so I'm not going to give this too much credit but I wouldn't mind if it actually happens.

I'm kinda skeptical about the "everyone is back" part, though. It sounds good but Sony acknowledging all the games in the first title sounds a bit too good to be true.

D

Deleted member

I don't think these roumors are true. We get new roumors about this every other year and the source is just some Twitter account. It'd also worth noting that even if it is true. The person says it has only been pitched, not green lit.

Saying that. I do think if it's gonna happen now is the time. A few years ago I'd have said its not happening but Sony are seemingly pretty committed to doing more F2P multplayer stuff.

New PSASBR rumors happen every other year so I'm not going to give this too much credit but I wouldn't mind if it actually happens.

I'm kinda skeptical about the "everyone is back" part, though. It sounds good but Sony acknowledging all the games in the first title sounds a bit too good to be true.
Did the leak say that. I just read it as "characters from the original are back:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
So I'm trying to collect my thoughts on this rumour, and some things about it, including the fact that it's still in the pitching phase, and that the guy saying it has gotten things both right and wrong before. To be clear, I'd love a PS All-Stars 2, or really just any kind of new PS multiplayer crossover game. I think they have a lot of fun IP you could build content around, and the first game still left a lot of potential unused, even if it did have good ideas.

But if this is real and the game does turn out this way, imma be real with you it sounds terrible.

Like....the big sticking point here is the fact that they apparently plan on bringing all the characters back. Here's the thing: whoever would hypothetically be pitching this doesn't seem to realize that the roster was a big part of why people didn't like the game. It did have plenty of good choices, but it also had blatant promo picks like Raiden, characters like Big Daddy who aren't really particularly PS-associated, and characters who didn't stick around at all in people's minds and thus wouldn't really make sense to include in 2022, like Emmett. There is no reason to be bringing all of that baggage over when you could burn it down and start from the ground up while still keeping the actually good picks. Also if they're bringing everyone back and not completely redoing each and every one of them.....that implies we're still stuck with the original game's KO system. Which is the other big thing people didn't like about the game. You can't just bring their movesets over to a new system, cause they were designed around the other one, so if they ain't all completely remade from the ground up, then congrats, you have made absolutely no effort to fix what people didn't like about the game. That's the problem here, is that it feels like whoever would hypothetically pitch this would just intend on doing The First One But More instead of actually addressing the OG's problems. At that point, to me, the monkey's paw has curled. Not to mention the implied ridiculous amount of newcomers, which IMO would just make the roster feel super bloated and unfocused. I think you can pump out a pretty satisfying roster of let's say....28 provided you really think about who you're going with and cover your bases and ensure there's a little something for everyone. This sounds really bad if it's true.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
I'm gonna sit firmly in the "I'll believe it when I see it" camp, here. A lot points against this have already been brought up, so I won't repeat them.

Everybody wants it to happen but the disaster launch of the original game really muddles the possibility of a sequel in Sony's eyes, and given that it's been over a decade (and 2 console generations since) with no official word, just speaks to me that this is a dream game and Sony isn't really at that "Dream pleaser" phase to make it happen for fans

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
The dude's clearly full of ****. All 24 characters from the original game, plus the characters he claimed are locks (Crash, Spyro, Ellie, Joel, Aloy, 2 Different Spider-Men, Deacon, Dart, Hunter, Astro) plus about 30 more? That's almost the size of Ultimate's roster. Yeah, absolutely not.

But he's a Republican, and we all know they can't be trusted to tell the truth amirite?

Alejandronoob

Smash Rookie
I honestly would like to see the series return but I want the KO system to have a health bar. Not to mention, I would like to see characters like Ray-Man, Yorha 2b, and Klonoa in the next sequel.

Top Bottom