• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playing to Your Mafia Win Condition, Go For The Sole Win?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
My interpretation:

Two Jesters are Serial Killer and Serial Killer trainee. Serial Killer trainee becomes SK when original SK is killed.

You could also remove lynching and simply have a Daykill Vigilante for town that ends the Day. Have a randomly selected townie become Vig until the Vig dies, then another townie is selected. Have two Jesters. If a Jester is killed by the Vig, the Vig dies with the Jester.

Would be a bit more complicated, but prolly more fun too.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, that setup works I guess, but why would you call them jesters? What are the win-cons for each faction? Like if I understand correctly the goal of your game is still to kill the opposing faction, not kill you own, which is the point of a jester based game.

Did I miss something?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Well, that setup works I guess, but why would you call them jesters? What are the win-cons for each faction? Like if I understand correctly the goal of your game is still to kill the opposing faction, not kill you own, which is the point of a jester based game.

Did I miss something?
It'd be the same.

The Daykill Vig would end the day, but he'd have to choose town. If he chose a Jester, he'd die, keeping the game even.

Goal would be to not kill the Jesters for town, Jesters goal would be to get killed.

Since there would be no lynch, it'd be all about convincing whoever the Daykill Vig is.

To keep it fair, the Jesters kill whoever Daykill vig's them (keeping the game even) and are serial killers, meaning they have to kill every Night.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I think it's easier to just say, if No Lynch occurs, a Mafia dies. Town will scramble to make sure someone gets lynched.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
you have ruined the setup by complicating it with strange mechanics and non-vanilla roles

it was perfect the way i described it

Top Bottom