• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

playing a scrub

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
So today i was playing a random no advanced techniques scrub, and so i pulled out the old m2 again to amuse myself...assuming that i would 4 stock him i was unpleasantly surprised to only 2 stock him...so anyways i was hoping for answers to a couple basic questions.

1. How does m2 get in through the pill spam? granted, i couldn't wavedash full distance due to the HD tv lag.. that was perhaps one option...i could also bair pills while slowly moving towards him perhaps...but that felt risky..as did jumping over the pills since m2's fair has horrible range.

2. What throws should i be using on doc? can i do anything out of dthrow? i was assuming nair came out too fast..he didn't di though..while perhaps if he DIed away i could wd to uptilt?

Dan2

Smash Apprentice
Pill spam is one of the more annoying things to play against (short of falco's lasers). What I usually do is wd out of shield repeatedly. Once you get close enough to tag him with your tail or an arial move, do it.

I use the back throw and the down throw on Doc until he gets to higher damages. Out of down throw, you can forward tilt, and you should be able to catch him on the bounce.
Keep in mind, that I'm nowhere as good as people like Quak and Taj...

Good luck with the Doc.

quak

Smash Champion
keep in mind, im no where near taj's level of play

EDIT: oh, doc advice. Um. Shield his pills, use more tilts.

and if you want to make him feel worse, do nothing but dittos, he'll get the idea that ur supremely better than him after a few games

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
lol no need..i like the challenge..and i just want to improve my knowledge of the matchup..so basically bair is not very efficient to take down pills and you have to roll/wavedash/teleport to get in on FD

ultralame

DDRKirby(ISQ)

Smash Ace
regarding HDTV lag, I find that it helps if you don't look at your own character at all. Just focus your visual attention on his, then you won't be bothered by the slightly offset visual cues for wd.

quak

Smash Champion
...asking me?

if so, no not anymore, my mewtwo's taken a couple steps forward so my videos are outdated

i might record sometime, but im real lazy about it

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Force him to come to you. Just tilt the pills so they don't do anything. Make him feel like they're worthless. Then he'll come running in and you can do whatever.

Top Bottom