• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PLAY SSBM ONLINE!!! ~Tutorial updates, & vid of my first online match!!~

psychoticworm

Smash Apprentice
http://www.geocities.com/the_psychotic_worm/ssbmonlinetutorial.htm

The video I made(kinda cheezy) is mentioned on that page, but if you don't even want to visit the page just click here: http://media.putfile.com/SSBMonlineRuberbanding

This video is sort of a good example of what 'ruberbanding' is and what you may experience your first time playing online. THIS DOES WORK!! YOU CAN PLAY ONLINE! This isn't a joke. There is no hidden gamecube in the video, this isn't a hoak, it is possible to play melee online PERIOD. You have my word. You just need the right equipment, not even a mod-chip.

If you are interested in this in the least, I suggest you join the forums here http://fuzziqersoftware.com/forum/index.php and post problems you are having. Even if Brawl doesn't make it, we will still have Melee to play online. I'm heading off to bed, but if you have questions, just ask away, and I will reply to this thread when I wake up. Support this program, as it may be able to support any and all gamecube multiplayer games. They need help coding scripts to enable game compatibility, but it seems nobody is up to the challenge.

If you need any help, or want to verse me in SSBM, just PM me here, or send me an email: jonnynathan@hotmail.com

I will NOT open emails containing attachments, so send text emails only, and no spamming.

Vaztor

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wow good job. This is looking very promising. I wish you luck in the perfecting of this.

However I think I'll wait for Brawl to play Smash Online.
Just my opinion

Caston

Smash Rookie
Wow, very cool, Theres obviously lots of stuff thats needs tweeking, but well done.

Kriegsseele

Smash Apprentice
Let's see.

I don't have the right version of Melee. (PAL)
There are still pretty heavy lag problems.
Melee isn't supposed to be an Online Game and I don't have those PSO versions.

Yes, I think I'll just wait for Brawl.

psychoticworm

Smash Apprentice
Yah the problems in the video have been fixed quite well. I'm awaiting _glook to get online so we can get more matches recorded.

piZ

Smash Journeyman
Pretty sweet, good job and such, too bad i don't feel like wasting money on PSO..

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
There's already a thread about this. Please post any new or relevant information in there. Thanks, chi! :)

Red_Oxygen

Smash Apprentice
Kriegsseele said:
Let's see.

I don't have the right version of Melee. (PAL)
There are still pretty heavy lag problems.
Melee isn't supposed to be an Online Game and I don't have those PSO versions.

Yes, I think I'll just wait for Brawl.
1)You don't Need PSO
2)Rubberbanding is not lag
3)For the newer Versions to work people have to have scripts to them
4)Buy Maxdrive Pro and AR+ a BBA
5)Melee can be online but needs to be softmodded.

Stop with the misinfo. This is not brain surgery. Just get Maxdrive pro and AR + a BBA. Then find scripts to SSBM. Then you can play that one online.

Kriegsseele

Smash Apprentice
How about no? I don't feel like wasting money and time for this, sorry if you misunderstood that.

I'll just wait for Brawl, that's all I wanted to say. I never said it sucks, because it really looks cool and such, but I just wait for Brawl.
And besides, I'm no pro in such things. I'd rather damage things than making them work. lol .-_.-;

psychoticworm

Smash Apprentice
look...what are you willing to dish out for a new Wii console and the game Brawl??

Whats a mere $50-$100? It really depends on what equipment you already have. Also if it is possible to play any multiplayer gamecube game online(which it will be), with unnoticable lag? I figure its totally worth it.

You are definitely missing out. I finally played a 3 player match last night, it was way awesome. There were some glitches, but I've got the program set up to have way less lag then in that first video I made.

I mean I can understand if you want to wait for Brawl, but I loved the idea of playing SSBM online, but you can do it right now. And its fun! And the glitches don't ruin the fun factor of it. But to each his own.

Nothing personal, I just happen to think its well worth the extra cash. Especially since I got a few buddies to play it with now.

Also it would probably take you no more then an hour or two to figure out how to get everything set up properly, and start your first online match from scratch. But after you know what your doing, every next match will only take about 30 seconds to set up, from booting the cube, to beginning SSBM. But again, to each his own. ;)

TC81190

Smash Cadet
Too many limitations for my time. You have to have the same hardware etc. etc. .

Now, I'd definitely do this if this were say, an ISO of SSBM running on a Kalleria-enabled GCN emulator.

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman
Inbewteen Corneria, Midgar, Mushroom kingdom, and
Are there even emulators out there that play SSBM on your comp? If there are can someone send me a link? But eather way I want to try this but havent checked if I have the right version yet.(But I do have PSO. I think its a great game, but personally I think its getting old[PSU is gonna rock tho.])

biolizard89

Smash Apprentice
leviathan_ said:
There're no *public* emulators for the GC at the moment.
Actually, there are several. Dolphin, GCube, Dolwin, and Whinecube, just to name some from memory. If I remembr correctly (it's been ages since I looked at them), many games work correctly, but at very low framerates (e.g. 10fps with a really good PC). The only game that works perfectly and at 60fps is Bust-A-Move 3000. So it's definitely not a substitute for a real GameCube, and won't be for some time.

On the subject of GCARS-CS, _glook and psychoticworm have been working on script improvements for SSBM. Unfortunately, a limitation in GCARS-CS is hampering their efforts. This will be fixed when GCARS-CS v1.0 comes out, so keep an eye out for that. Great work, guys, keep it up.

_glook

Got a Passion for Smashin'
Thanks biolizard. Even though that was posted like a month ago.

A lot of people who've tried it in the past have been working with old scripts. It's quite a bit better now. Not perfect but IMO it's playable now, whereas before it wasn't. Once GCARS 1.0 comes out, I'll get back to work. Right now, the current scripts I'm looking at are being too unruly for GCars 9.5 work.

Mewgia

Smash Cadet
Hmm... Looks interesting. Maybe I can somehow get enough money for one, and convince my friends to do the same. That would be fun, and we could train every day. sweet.

Jeveras

Smash Apprentice
it seems to be too much work for some people, even though its very very very very very very very easy to set up. if you have melee and a cube, all you would need is a broadband adapter and a copy of pso.

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman
Inbewteen Corneria, Midgar, Mushroom kingdom, and
Heres a question: Ok so we can get Melee online with the cube, what about the Wii? Could this work over a wireless connection, is basicly what Im getting at. I will probally try this, very soon. I'll post my results, but if someone allready knows will they please show there results here? I'm sorry If this has been asked, I'm in a bit of a rush. Was promisewd to be somewhere.

I

i8waffles612

No i doubt someone will try and find a way to play SSBM online on the Wii...

Lunytunes4.4

Smash Journeyman
i have most of the equipment but i dont want to play it cuz it is laggy like a mofo and ur setting up alot of things for not even a great deal of gameplay but i do like the idea

biolizard89

Smash Apprentice
i have most of the equipment but i dont want to play it cuz it is laggy like a mofo and ur setting up alot of things for not even a great deal of gameplay but i do like the idea
I used to play Sonic Adventure 2: Battle quite often with GCARS-CS, often with pings over 110ms, and there was no noticible lag. Obviously, fighting games like SSBM are somewhat more sensitive to lag, but I am told it's still quite fun.

As for Wii support: it doesn't work because GCARS-CS runs in GameCube emulation mode on the Wii. This mode is sandboxed so that you can't access the Wii hardware, and it doesn't emulate the GameCube Broadband Adapter. So GCARS-CS will boot, but it can't connect to the network. We can't run it in Wii mode because Wii programs are digitally signed by Nintendo, so homebrew won't boot. So until someone rigs an exploit to allow Wii homebrew, GCARS-CS will not work on a Wii.

Top Bottom