• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PLAY ONLINE NOW AND ALL DAY

D

Deleted member

What is the usual setup for Brawl? Is it two stocks eight minutes like Sm4sh?

D

Deleted member

Thank you so much for playing! It feels good to revisit this game and find others who still care about it. You're officially the first acually skilled player that I've ever faced in Brawl. >.> Before I moved to PM I just fought local friends and family which were always easy to beat.

Last edited by a moderator:

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Good games man, great Mr.Game And Watch, always annoying when I fight the patient Mr.Game And Watch players not the Up B this and Fair that and Bair forever. So you can see why I tried to read your Up B and I did once (since that's the only time you used Up B Oos). The last few I got annoyed due to the fact I kept messing up my set ups with Link so I just said "the heck with this just play basic like all other Links" and I did. My SDI and DI and Wall Techs were pretty good at times though I messed up my Small Pivots due to you know Wi-Fi which was still enjoyable. When you wrote on your tag last match, I knew I needed to Mr.game And Watch ditto you before you left. Overall entertaining game thank you for Brawling man hopefully you saw that Brawl is perfectly fine and not worse than Smash-4.

Edit: @Lord Fawful

Really? Well you knew how to use GNW like very other GNW player I've fought. Your style reminded me of Vinnie's GNW but less UP B which is a good thing against a player like me who is hungry to read GNW's Up B. Also Link's Dair beats anything that comes contact with face to face even MK's Nado. I'll show you my other characters next time. Reason why I stayed Link was to show a point about how vicious he can really get if experimented with and finding ways to get around stuff. I even messed up my creative recovering options when thrown offstage. Hopefully next time I'll be able to show you everything Brawl Link is truly capable of and my other characters.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well BACK IN THE DAY WHEN BRAWL WAS STILL FREESSHHH AND THE KIDS WERE YAPPIN' THIS AND THAT ABOUT IT, I mained DDD and was a complete noob who still beat his weak friends until I switched to PM *Gazillion year timeskip* and learned how to actually play and became a solid fighter in that game. But after missing the semi-nostalgic feel of Brawl, I decided to re pick a character that would be right for me when I play someone else on the wifi thread. I had no training with Game and Watch, I literally just picked him up yesterday. o3o So that's probably why I never even thought of doing Up B OoS and other up b shenanigans that Link's dair would plow right through. Lucky me.

D

Deleted member

I'll show you my other characters next time. Reason why I stayed Link was to show a point about how vicious he can really get if experimented with and finding ways to get around stuff. I even messed up my creative recovering options when thrown offstage. Hopefully next time I'll be able to show you everything Brawl Link is truly capable of and my other characters.
Definetly. I'll come back to play more some time soon. The one thing that feels very new and fresh about playing Brawl is that I haven't seen the potention of like... everyone but Meta Knight and Ice Climbers.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Ah, I see, well, I however have been playing Brawl for like six years and counting. Always put my effort and energy through Link. I remember always having problems creating some set ups and yes suffered a lot with him. But after a few years I just learned what to do against every character. For starters I can beat Ice Climbers and the ones that was abuse grabbing, I can beat GNW or even take control of the match which of course no Link can do heck not even 25% of what I do I'm ahead of what Link use to be (not bragging but truth as you witnessed). Yes, you were very lucky because that's the main thing that makes GNW players despise playing me and that's read their UP B Oos. Brawl is beyond combo related one must just think really hard on how to combo plus platform canceling which I'll teach you next time we brawl man

Edit: @Lord Fawful

Well, the potential of Link still isn't seen and Ike has just YouTube type Ryo though I play a more fancy based Ike game-play, Kirby as well which in all honesty yes his potential hasn't been seen yet but Bairing only and grabbing which can be SDI'd, Mario same but one Mario main named Box7 is really unique and strong as well another Flamelon and so forth. Though Link is the one number character that no one has seen the potential of him.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, and are Brawl matches usually this lagless or did we just get lucky? I'm amazed. This is like netplay quality, especially compared to the lagfest that is Project M wifi.

Last edited by a moderator:

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Oh yeah, and are Brawl matches usually this lagless or did we just get lucky? I'm amazed. This is like netplay quality, especially compared to the lagfest that is Project M wifi.
Well, I have a 120 MPH for my internet (which is beyond good) and I assume your internet connection you have is the same quality which shows the connection is quite impressive. And to answer your question no, not all the players I brawled have a good connection like how we brawled.

Last edited:

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
hai guys:3 sorry i am inactive here homework :/ plus doing stuff lol. hey N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣 N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣 are you coh? if so then wow thought you were a different person heard a lot about ya and your link. mind if we brawl again?
Yes, what does that have to do with anything? We fought already man and you gave me a well achieved comment from yourself about my Link, something going on?

@Feelicks

I can brawl right now man the decision is yours to identify.

Last edited:

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Yes, what does that have to do with anything? We fought already man and you gave me a well achieved comment from yourself about my Link, something going on?

@Feelicks

I can brawl right now man the decision is yours to identify.
Edit: Not one person wants to bawl? What a saddening view to experience and be a witness of.

sijon

Smash Ace
Edit: Not one person wants to bawl? What a saddening view to experience and be a witness of.
Yo, I can brawl right now if your'e still interested. Maybe I can attempt to exterminate the experience you are witness of :D

EDIT: Give me a bit to prepare dinner first. I'll message you when Im done

Last edited:

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Yo, I can brawl right now if your'e still interested. Maybe I can attempt to exterminate the experience you are witness of :D

EDIT: Give me a bit to prepare dinner first. I'll message you when Im done
Well, uh, sorry Sijon, I got annoyed and left home for a few hours. Maybe tomorrow if O have patience to wait for so long. Thanks.

D

Deleted member

I can Brawl right now if you are there at the moment.

If not, anyone else interested in playing right now?
I'll be ready to fight in a few hours. Gonna make sure to reset my router so we don't get as much lag as last time, sijon sijon could join us for rotations if he's free.

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Would anybody be free to fight at the moment? I took much longer than expected...

D

Deleted member

Wait, can you try joining my room? I keep disconnecting when I keep trying to join yours.

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
Anyone interested in playing a few matches right now?

EDIT: Nevermind.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Milky. Milky. Hey, great games! You had an awesome ZSS and Zelda, you definitely caught me off guard with you versatile you were with them. Also liked your Snake and Peach.

Omar_25 Omar_25 Really wish I could but I'm going to bed soon. Sorry man. D:

Top Bottom