• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PLAY ONLINE NOW AND ALL DAY

sijon

Smash Ace
Ok, I am now heading online. Sorry for the delay, the computer was causing some troubles.
GG's man! Dude your Link is so good now! Before when I used to play your Link I could just jump around and spam techskill. Now I actually need to think. I've noticed that your Link also does some of the things I do too.

I really like how technical your Samus is. Definitely more technical than the last time we fought. I've got to work on my Samus. I was playing a bit sloppy today. I was being a bit too predictable.

GG's once again, those were some fun games.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I keep wondering, why does everyone in this topic seem to always play Link or Zelda? It's kinda annoying lmao

sijon

Smash Ace
I keep wondering, why does everyone in this topic seem to always play Link or Zelda? It's kinda annoying lmao
Most Link/Zelda players used to be "Wifi Warrior's". I guess they want to continue their wifi reign. I am not one of them, that is but a dream. xD

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Most Link/Zelda players used to be "Wifi Warrior's". I guess they want to continue their wifi reign. I am not one of them, that is but a dream. xD
I was never on here during the Brawl days so I wouldn't know lol. I can beat Link fine, but I have zero idea how to fight Zelda because I've literally never fought a single Zelda during my time with this game. Even when my main,:dedede:supposedly counters her hard she always gets me with dumb grab combos or neutral-B.

Last edited by a moderator:

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
GG's man! Dude your Link is so good now! Before when I used to play your Link I could just jump around and spam techskill. Now I actually need to think. I've noticed that your Link also does some of the things I do too.

I really like how technical your Samus is. Definitely more technical than the last time we fought. I've got to work on my Samus. I was playing a bit sloppy today. I was being a bit too predictable.

GG's once again, those were some fun games.
Thanks! My Link has definitely gotten better over time. Pretty much most of the stuff that I use when playing Link I've learned from either you or N.T.A.O ChangOfHeart, so that would probably explain some things. I definitely need to work on a few things though. Those link dittos were pretty great!

I've been attempting to improve my samus in the technical aspects (Platform stuff, missiles in general, etc.) so that has probably shown in my play-style.

GGs indeed, thanks for playing!

sijon

Smash Ace
I was never on here during the Brawl days so I wouldn't know lol. I can beat Link fine, but I have zero idea how to fight Zelda because I've literally never fought a single Zelda during my time with this game. Even when my main,:dedede:supposedly counters her hard she always gets me with dumb grab combos or neutral-B.
Speaking of beating Link fine, want to "attempt" to beat mine? xD If you want to Brawl or anyone else just let me know.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of beating Link fine, want to "attempt" to beat mine? xD If you want to Brawl or anyone else just let me know.
I can't play Smash at all until this Friday because of how busy I am with schoolwork lol. I should really stop being on here and get to work on my essay due tomorrow. It's definitely a challenge, I'll get your Link with my boy :pit:. B)

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
Pretty much what Sijon said. Also, from what I can gather, Link and Zelda mains are always very devoted to their character, even if they're supposedly "trash-tier characters".

And then there's Ganondorf mains. They just play him because they like punching stuff.

Last edited:

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Thanks! My Link has definitely gotten better over time. Pretty much most of the stuff that I use when playing Link I've learned from either you or N.T.A.O ChangOfHeart, so that would probably explain some things. I definitely need to work on a few things though. Those link dittos were pretty great!

I've been attempting to improve my samus in the technical aspects (Platform stuff, missiles in general, etc.) so that has probably shown in my play-style.

GGs indeed, thanks for playing!
I don't learn anything from players in general I experiment on my own. And for the record Sijon approached me first on YouTube explaining how I make Link look so smooth with all those mind-games and indeed has mentioned that I showed him how to use Link's advanced techniques efficiently and effectively.

I don't care who's who and what, but I don't ever want anyone to even have the slightest regret that someone has taught me anything with Link (no). I taught myself from A to Z how to use Link in a whole new perceptive outlook.

Also I use Link because he's underrated and hasn't been equipped into his full potential on the "Tier list" and Zelda is as well underrated (her up tilt is stronger and can't be SDI than her Forward Smash and Up Smash). Thanks.

Last edited:

sijon

Smash Ace
If anyone would like to brawl now, just let me know. I have some free time that I am willing to use.

EDIT: Never mind, i'm a bit busy at the moment so if I was to brawl, it would not be for long

Last edited:

sijon

Smash Ace
I don't learn anything from players in general I experiment on my own. And for the record Sijon approached me first on YouTube explaining how I make Link look so smooth with all those mind-games and indeed has mentioned that I showed him how to use Link's advanced techniques efficiently and effectively.

I don't care who's who and what, but I don't ever want anyone to even have the slightest regret that someone has taught me anything with Link (no). I taught myself from A to Z how to use Link in a whole new perceptive outlook.

Also I use Link because he's underrated and hasn't been equipped into his full potential on the "Tier list" and Zelda is as well underrated (her up tilt is stronger and can't be SDI than her Forward Smash and Up Smash). Thanks.
I believe you when you say you taught yourself how to play Link. I don't think I have ever seen someone play Link as unique and mobile until I met you. Unfortunately for me, I kinda copied a playstyle from a Link who was considered good in his time named Legan. I have changed the way I use Link know after learning from you, but I feel as if Legan's style is still decent if you can't camp someone effectively. Anyway just my thoughts.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
"I believe you when you say you taught yourself how to play Link.

I know that and not to "showoff" but I always knew my perception of Brawl in general was always seen as me becoming an outcast (which I am).

"I don't think I have ever seen someone play Link as unique and mobile until I met you."

You "don't" think or you know, which on is it? The only Link that was in my display of setups was Path a Basic Brawl Dark Link that actually impressed me long story short. Even her Link (yes a she and she's still the best Link I have ever fought including all the known Links out there). She still learned the rest from me and admitted I'm the most effective Link she has ever fought (and I know what that means). Later on she transmitted unto Project M (a Brawl mod).

"Unfortunately for me, I kinda copied a playstyle from a Link who was considered good in his time named Legan. I have changed the way I use Link know after learning from you, but I feel as if Legan's style is still decent if you can't camp someone effectively"

Well, I have never fought him but I have a person (Falco main worst Match-up for Link ever) who has fought Legan on Wi-Fi and yes won convincingly. He meets me on Smashdomain.org and wants to brawl me (since he read a lot about me in the Smash Arena and my Link) long story short I beat him and actually convincingly. He loses his mind and never looks at Link the same because of me.

I may be a "Wi-Fi warrior" but I've done things tourney or even Links in general could fair to imagine. I've encouraged so many people to use Link by how I play to let many players drop their characters and learn to play Link (Link). I know Izaw made people see Link in a whole new perceptive but I actually make players want to play or even main him like I did. Legan does strange setups that are truly useless and pointless. That doesn't mean he's "bad" he just does strange and has a strange game-play.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0AZ-fDJvxNI

Like how is this even relevant towards fighting any character? Not being a "jerk" but it truly baffles me when all Links do is throw projectiles mindlessly and still win a single match. Also you fought me in Link dittos (and I despise those on Wi-Fi) but the connection was no doubt playable. You focused on camping and not protecting your space (all you focused upon was throwing projectiles without any real thought or care). And what did that cost you? (The matches). After the matches were finished you write how good I am and so forth as well saving the matches to (improve your Link game-play) that you did I will write. The next matches you could actually move around more freely (without the assistance of Wi-Fi helping you out like a child you won matches on your own like a big boy). My point? There is no point just an understanding that you actually learned what you truly wanted and needed to learn though my game-play. Do I care? No, I'm just explaining that is all.

Last edited:

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
I've heard of Path before. There was a time when my brother fought her in Project M wifi (which ended in him getting completely destroyed by her link). I did not know that she once played Brawl.

Last edited:

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Yes, that's the Link and her, I too as well read a lot about her becoming feared and all now in Project M (Brawl mod). Sad truth is when Path mentioned me people thought I learned from her (no) I don't learn anything from players (unless rarely I enjoy a neat little trick or string set up) but that's never occurred with Link ever (only people learned ideas and set ups from me).

Last edited:

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
So I dug out my old Wii and fixed up homebrew on it. Played Brawl for a bit and I remember why I enjoy the game so much.

If anyone wants to have a few matches FC is 3699-6734-5927.

sijon

Smash Ace

I know that and not to "showoff" but I always knew my perception of Brawl in general was always seen as me becoming an outcast (which I am).

"I don't think I have ever seen someone play Link as unique and mobile until I met you."

You "don't" think or you know, which on is it? The only Link that was in my display of setups was Path a Basic Brawl Dark Link that actually impressed me long story short. Even her Link (yes a she and she's still the best Link I have ever fought including all the known Links out there). She still learned the rest from me and admitted I'm the most effective Link she has ever fought (and I know what that means). Later on she transmitted unto Project M (a Brawl mod).

"Unfortunately for me, I kinda copied a playstyle from a Link who was considered good in his time named Legan. I have changed the way I use Link know after learning from you, but I feel as if Legan's style is still decent if you can't camp someone effectively"

Well, I have never fought him but I have a person (Falco main worst Match-up for Link ever) who has fought Legan on Wi-Fi and yes won convincingly. He meets me on Smashdomain.org and wants to brawl me (since he read a lot about me in the Smash Arena and my Link) long story short I beat him and actually convincingly. He loses his mind and never looks at Link the same because of me.

I may be a "Wi-Fi warrior" but I've done things tourney or even Links in general could fair to imagine. I've encouraged so many people to use Link by how I play to let many players drop their characters and learn to play Link (Link). I know Izaw made people see Link in a whole new perceptive but I actually make players want to play or even main him like I did. Legan does strange setups that are truly useless and pointless. That doesn't mean he's "bad" he just does strange and has a strange game-play.

Like how is this even relevant towards fighting any character? Not being a "jerk" but it truly baffles me when all Links do is throw projectiles mindlessly and still win a single match. Also you fought me in Link dittos (and I despise those on Wi-Fi) but the connection was no doubt playable. You focused on camping and not protecting your space (all you focused upon was throwing projectiles without any real thought or care). And what did that cost you? (The matches). After the matches were finished you write how good I am and so forth as well saving the matches to (improve your Link game-play) that you did I will write. The next matches you could actually move around more freely (without the assistance of Wi-Fi helping you out like a child you won matches on your own like a big boy). My point? There is no point just an understanding that you actually learned what you truly wanted and needed to learn though my game-play. Do I care? No, I'm just explaining that is all.

When I say "I don't think" I meant I have never seen anyone use Link as you have. I am mentioning how unique and optimal your playstyle is, thus making you the great Link main you are, a style I am still learning.

I for some reason have never heard of the Link main Path. I'm not sure why though. A person of this skill or even your skill should be given more attention. Every time people hear the name Link, they just think of a character who spams neutral-b or Izaw. People such as you really need some more respect for the time put into the game, making Brawl almost look like a work of art.

As for Legan's playstyle, yes I would agree his style is a bit strange at times. He plays a bit like classic 2001-02 Melee link main's, not the best for Brawl. I'm pretty sure most of his odd setups where supposed to be mindgames or others of the like, obviously not the most effective. The video you linked was a bit old, the Samus player never really took advantage of her amazing camping game to make Link suffer. And of course Legan's Link was not the best at the time either.

Anyway i'm glad to know that Link mains such as you exist, with a better representation of what Link can do at top level. By the way, we should Brawl again some time, it has been a while. If you are free to Brawl, just let me know.

sijon

Smash Ace
So I dug out my old Wii and fixed up homebrew on it. Played Brawl for a bit and I remember why I enjoy the game so much.

If anyone wants to have a few matches FC is 3699-6734-5927.
If you are still interested in playing, I will be online in a bit. I will be busy doing some things, so if you can wait for like 20 minutes still with your interest that would be great.

D

Deleted member

sijon sijon PKBeam PKBeam

If you're both free I can play you both for rotations. I'll have to add PK tho, my FC is 3484-9250-5703.

Last edited by a moderator:

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
hi yes im here
the rain here really took it out on my copper adsl so don't be surprised if the game gets laggy.

Last edited:

sijon

Smash Ace
hi yes im here
the rain here really took it out on my copper adsl so don't be surprised if the game gets laggy.
Alright, sorry for the delay, I was busy with some things. My FC is 2239-3844-7769. Adding you now. See you there!

sijon

Smash Ace
Or anyone else...

Waiting........

EDIT: Is anyone here?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

sijon sijon PK and I both had a room open, I thought you were gonna join. I'm done now for tonight, so I guess our challenge shall be tomorrow.

GGs to you, PKBeam PKBeam ! You're the best Ness and Lucas I've come across in Brawl without a doubt, other than those two I thought Fox was your best character. You spaced all those fairs so perfectly.

sijon

Smash Ace
sijon sijon PK and I both had a room open, I thought you were gonna join. I'm done now for tonight, so I guess our challenge shall be tomorrow.

GGs to you, PKBeam PKBeam ! You're the best Ness and Lucas I've come across in Brawl without a doubt, other than those two I thought Fox was your best character. You spaced all those fairs so perfectly.
Wait your room was open? I think there was a bug on my side. Everytime I tried to join your room, it was empty with no one in. Strange...

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224

thanks.
I don't really use fox at all.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
ggs, you have a good Link. i need to take a break but we'll brawl again in the future, hopefully.

sijon

Smash Ace
ggs, you have a good Link. i need to take a break but we'll brawl again in the future, hopefully.
Yeah GG. The lag was kinda annoying for me, I wasn't able to play Link as fluid as offline but whatever. Your Lucas is really good, im not sure how you still were able to manage to play like that, even with the insane lag. Were you a wifi warrior before?

Top Bottom