• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Play n Trade Smash Tourney - Ocala, FL (ended)

Vigilant Gambit

Smash Journeyman
A Peach player (whose name I can't recall) won the tournament.

I lost in the first round, but I stayed to record my friend John D.'s (GZUS) matches. I also recorded the final battle. As soon as I get them converted, I'll post them on Youtube and link to them here.

Anyway, if you were present (out of 80+ contestants, I'm sure there were some Smashboards users there), please post here to let your fellow Ocala residents know.

I'm Roderick, aka Vigilant Gambit. Occasionally, I'll use "V G" when I play Smash. At today's tournament, I was the guy with the camcorder taping John's matches. I use Link (red).

I wore the following shirt: http://media.threadless.com//product/824/zoom.gif

SheerMadness

Smash Master
WOAH, an 80 person Ocala tourney? WTF!?!?!?!

As far as I know no one from smashboards knew about the tourney. And since when could Ocala muster 80 people for a tourney? Is there some huge smash community in Ocala we don't know about?

Let us know before the next tourney.

Vigilant Gambit

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, sorry about that. I know two things:

1. The guy who won lives in Gainesville
2. He's on smashboards. I don't know his name, though. However, his main is most definitely Peach.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
LOL nice to know that Exarch knows about 80+ noob tourneys but doesn't tell anyone else. I guess I wouldn't either, thats a lot of free money.

Vigilant Gambit

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, there were a lot of noobs. There were quite a few decent people (who at least knew advanced techniques) and several that were very good.

This guy was just nuts, though.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Theres actually a lot of people in Florida who are on his level. Ocala is just in the dark regarding competitive smash. I can't believe Ocala had an 80+ person tourney.

Vigilant Gambit

Smash Journeyman
Well, my friend just told me that there were 94 people signed up, but thinking back, I think we had less than 60.

And some of them were kids.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Lol. I win MY play 'n trade tournament and I get $40 bucks store credit that I can only use at that one specific play 'n trade. Gay.

GodMeowMix

Smash Ace
Godmeowmix are you the ganon that i faced like 3 times but never got to finish each match? Im John D. btw
nah i'm the dude with the short trimmed hair that you kinda talked to at the end of the tournament to watch Exarch and Derf face off. i tried playing you with my link but we never even got a chance to choose our characters lol, you told me something about you went to dunnellon high school when i said i went to vanguard if you remember anything of that

Fireball_Mario

Smash Rookie
actually i do remember that conversation Your that guy that i felt like stond cold stunnering Lol because you invited Exarch and derf LOL sup man

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
nah i'm the dude with the short trimmed hair that you kinda talked to at the end of the tournament to watch Exarch and Derf face off. i tried playing you with my link but we never even got a chance to choose our characters lol, you told me something about you went to dunnellon high school when i said i went to vanguard if you remember anything of that
lol,i went there for like a month lol

now i go to lecanto =O

GodMeowMix

Smash Ace
actually i do remember that conversation Your that guy that i felt like stond cold stunnering Lol because you invited Exarch and derf LOL sup man
nm much man just casually playing since the tourny ended, you needa let me know if yall have a smash fest over in ocala lol

lol,i went there for like a month lol

now i go to lecanto =O
man that school is so good at running i wish i went there lol
yea vanguard is pretty ghetto its a good thing you go to lecanto now

Top Bottom