• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Play' N ' Trade Fort Lauderdale Monthly

Coffee™

I need it....
This Play 'N' Trade is brand new and we're looking to get a healthy smash scene started in the area. We figure the December date should give people enough time to organise themselves. ;) This is currently a monthly but enough people show interest, we might look to getting this changed into a Bi-Weekly event. General Information and Rules are as follows.

General Information.

Date:
December 6th, 2008.

Time:
Registration for the Tournament and friendlies commence at 4:00pm
Tournament (singles) will begin at 5:00pm
Doubles will played whenever singles end.

Entry Fees:
Brawl Singles - $10.
Brawl Doubles - $15 per team.

$5 from each entry fee will be used to provide food and drinks, the rest will go towards the pot.

The money you pay towards entering the tournament will also allow you to take $5 off any store purchase as well.

Prizes:

Singles

If attendance is less than 20
1st -65%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 10%

If attendance is over 20
1st -60%
2nd - 20%
3rd - 15%
4th - 5%

Doubles:
1st -65%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 10%

Address:
2370 N FEDERAL HWY, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, 33305
Between Sunrise and Oakland Blvd on US 1 / on the WinnDixie Plaza

Store Phone Number:
(954) 537-9578

Opening Hours
Mon-Sat.: 11-8:30pm Sunday: 12-6pm

Rules:

We will be testing out the Umbreons Brawl Rule Set with some minor alterations

- Matches are 3 stock, 8 minutes.

- Items are set to “off” and “none”.

- At the beginning of a set, each player may strike 2 stages from the available 11. Of these, only 1 can be from the 4 Neutrals listed above. You may however choose to strike 2 counterpick stages.

- 1st match, characters are chosen with double blind picks. After that, advanced slob picks - Loser of 1st match pick stages, the winner of the 1st match picks character, then loser of 1st match picks character. Continue this as necessary until the set reaches completion. Standard sets are best of 3, finals and semifinals are best of 5.

- All forms of stalling are banned. Stalling- The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. This includes MK infinite cape, excessive edge stalling, or any form of stalling under the stage (DK spin, sonic charge B, snake infinite down B teching, etc).

- Any suicide KOs on the final stock resulting in sudden death will result in a loss for the user of this tactic. If it would be a suicide KO and the match screen shows a decisive winner, go with that instead.

- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. In the event of a sudden death, both players are to suicide IMMEDIATELY. No fighting with bombs @ 300. At the results screen, regardless of what the screen says, the player with the higher DAMAGE TAKEN is the loser. No exceptions. In the result of a tie, the match will be discarded and played over, same characters and stage. For teams, if this should ever happen, add the damage taken instead for both teams.

- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Additional Rules

- In the event that there is a dispute for controller ports or character color choice, both players will play Rock Paper Scissors for it.

- DDD's downthrow infinite is banned. However, the chaingrab is still legal. The chaingrab is noticeably different from the infinite, as there is a dash between grabs.

- Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose the stage that player last won on (unless agreed upon).

- You are not required to bring your own controller but it is recommended.

- You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings before a match is played.

- Don't be a douche. The tournament host reserves the right at any time to make you leave the tournament.

Additional Rules for Double's Play:

-Life Stealing is allowed
-Set team attack to "on."

Stages:

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counter
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Lylat Cruise
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 1

Banned
75m
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Corneria
Distant Planet
Flat Zone 2
Green Hill Zone
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Mario Bros.
Mushroomy Kingdom I
Mushroomy Kingdom II
New Pork City
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Rainbow Cruise
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses
Spear Pillar
The Summit
Wario Ware
Green Greens
Mario Circuit
Onett
Pokémon Stadium 2
Port Town Aero Dive
Skyworld
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)

NOTE: You may play any banned stage as long as both you, and your opponent agree and ask a judge.

Signups:

Coffee™

I need it....
No, the store has absolutely no problem going beyond closing time for the tourney.

Leh

Smash Ace
The tourney wont go past closing time, your fine.
Consider the date thing tho.

Coffee™

I need it....
Well the manager did want the tournament to happen on the 6th as it was a Saturday but I can ask him if he could change the date to Sunday or the following week.

Coffee™

I need it....
Basically each player will tell a judge what character they are playing before they actually go to the character select screen. This helps avoid any disputes or the like.

Coffee™

I need it....
Cash.

As for the date, I'll be asking the manager tomorrow, so i'll post in here by then.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
i smell eazy money
Yea :laugh:

Unless they change the date because if they do then the same people will win Smash Bash and this. But leaving the date allows for other people to have a better chance at winning. Then again the actual tourny experience might be more important than winning.... Time will tell.

-advent-

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Since im changing the date of my tourny i very much want to come to this.

The ruleset is amazing. The only thign I would like to note for future tournies, or this one for that matter, is when a player does a suicide kill, I.E. ddd's inhale, on the last stock for both players, generally the match goes to the player with lower %, much like the results of a timed out match.

Other than that its amazing and i look forward to gettin at this.

Coffee™

I need it....
Ok so it so I spoke with the manager and the date is confirmed to remain the 6th.

Top Bottom