• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Play N Trade Brawl Tournament June 6th (Huntsville, Alabama)

PlayNTrade Games

Smash Rookie
Find Us At:
324 Sutton Rd. Suite B/C

Huntsville
Alabama, 35763
United States of America
Hampton Cove Next To Wal-Mart

Phone Number:

Work Hours:
10am-9pm Monday-Thursday, 10am-10pm Friday and Saturday, 12pm to 8pm on Sunday.
Email: Kneeofjustice@gmail.com

Tournament Date: June 6th
Time: 3 PM
Entrance Fee: $10

Prizes:
1st Place: (if there are more than 20 entrants) 60%
1st Place: (if there are less than 20 entrants) $40
2nd Place: 20%
3rd Place: 10%

Rules:
3 Stock
No Items
Metaknight is allowed
8 Minute Time Limit
No Excessive Stalling
After a match is played, the winner picks his character first, then the loser picks.
The loser of the previous match picks the stage
Each player may ban one stage for their matches
The Match is decided based on: 1. Stock, 2. Percentage, 3. Sudden Death
No stage may be used twice in a set unless agreed on by both players
Matches ending in suicide kills such as Bowsercide or Ganoncide will not go to sudden death. Bowser/ Ganon wins the match. This rule also applies to Kirbycide/ Dededecide.
For the first game in a set, the players must tell a judge which character they will pick before the match starts. They must use that character for the first match.
The Stage for the first match will be picked randomly between the neutral stages unless a stage can be agreed on by both players
Dedede Standing Infinites are banned
You must bring your own controller (if you are using a controller that requires batteries, make sure you bring some as we are not responsible to provide batteries for you)

Stage Selection:
Neutral -

Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island
Smashville
Lylat Cruise

Counter picks -

Delphino Plaza
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Pirate Ship
Jungle Japes
Halberd
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1
Green Greens
Castles Siege
Distant Planet
Luigi's

Banned -

Corneria
PS2
Port Town Aero Dive
Green Hill Zone
Yoshi's Island (pipes)
Mario Circuit
Hanenbow
Mushroomy Kingdom
Rumble Falls
Bridge of Eldin
Wario Ware
New Pork City
Temple
Donkey Kong Arcade
Spear Pillar
Mario Bros.
Flat Zone 2
The Summit
Big Blue
75mm
Sky World
Onett
Norfair

Additional Info:
We encourage you to bring your own wii/ wii games to speed up the process.

We are running 36 inch HD tvs.

PlayNTrade Games

Smash Rookie
I will most likely be there, but

eww lol (imo at least)

Also, no doubles or anything? And there is already an AL tournament the week after this for brawl, not that i have a problem with it, but some people may.

We're still debating Port Town but we're not sure where to put it yet.

I changed up the stage list a little

HikaruYami

Smash Rookie
"After a match is played, the loser picks his character first, then the winner picks."

Uhm.

What?

You say the winner counterpicks the loser? Or did you type this wrong? ~.~"

_Keno_

Smash Lord
"After a match is played, the loser picks his character first, then the winner picks."

Uhm.

What?

You say the winner counterpicks the loser? Or did you type this wrong? ~.~"
yeah, it should be "After a game is played, the loser picks a stage, then the winner picks his character, then the loser picks his character"

also, ty for taking ps2 off, i never liked that stage lol

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Oh hell yeah I'll be there! Finally, a local tournament T.T

EDIT: OMFG Banned Dedede standing infinites :3 That should be interesting (not that anyone plays Dedede around here)

EDIT 2: Do we need to bring Wiis? Also, what kind of TVs are you running? If they're HD, I can bring my Wii and my component cables so that there won't be as much lag (and I'd recommend everyone else do the same if possible, if they are HD).

PlayNTrade Games

Smash Rookie
EDIT 2: Do we need to bring Wiis? Also, what kind of TVs are you running? If they're HD, I can bring my Wii and my component cables so that there won't be as much lag (and I'd recommend everyone else do the same if possible, if they are HD).

I don't think you'll need to bring wiis, but depending on how many people show then we might recommend it. I'll find out what kind of TV's we're running tomorrow and update the thread.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
A Tournament In Huntsville!!! While I'm At College Orientation!?!?!?!!??!? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

PlayNTrade Games

Smash Rookie
A Tournament In Huntsville!!! While I'm At College Orientation!?!?!?!!??!? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

D: that really sucks for you, man. :(

You can always come join us for free play. There's usually people there who would be willing to brawl you.

PlayNTrade Games

Smash Rookie
Just got updated:

We encourage you to bring your own wii/ wii games to speed up the process.

We are running 36 inch HD tvs.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Wow, it's kind of sad that I learned about this just yesterday -_-

I shall attend. If doubles take place, I'll need a partner.

Pops, that makes me sad.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
This tournament is in f'ing walking distance and I'm going to be out of town. -_-;

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I shall attend. If doubles take place, I'll need a partner.
Is there gonna be doubles?

Doubles is my favorite part of tourneys

So it matters to me greatly if there is doubles/teams/2v2s to be had!

PlayNTrade Games

Smash Rookie
also, camping isnt stalling. Stalling is using sonic's nB to stay under weegee's mansion for 2 mins. So don't get freaked out xD

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Stalling for more than 2 minutes (which is.... yeah...)
I really meant to ask if you would define "stalling". You said camping is not stalling. Is planking? If so, can you define planking?

I'm only asking because if it isn't banned, I'm gonna do it to try to prove a point to everyone that doesn't think it should be banned.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I really meant to ask if you would define "stalling". You said camping is not stalling. Is planking? If so, can you define planking?

I'm only asking because if it isn't banned, I'm gonna do it to try to prove a point to everyone that doesn't think it should be banned.
boo

nobody any alabama planks anyways...right?

PlayNTrade Games

Smash Rookie
Yes, it's legal but please try not to do it too much. If you do it for longer than two minutes people might say you're excessively stalling.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yes, it's legal but please try not to do it too much. If you do it for longer than two minutes people might say you're excessively stalling.
The point of planking is to win by running out the time by just sitting on the ledge and forcing an approach by the opponent because of a simple damage % lead. This means running off stage and putting oneself into a very bad position that can easily lead to a self-death.

Stalling technically is not planking because stalling usually refers to the act of "making oneself unapproachable." (i.e. Peach's side-b stall in melee if I remember correcty. And fyi, you can just airdodge as sonic uses his neutral-b and he won't have a target. :p He'll fall to his death after a couple times.)

Anyways, a planker is still approachable- as is a Snake that camps with all his projectiles and snake dashes away when someone gets close, or an air campy Wario player that uses his aerial mobility to dodge every attack and force an approach- usually recklessly. Planking is simply camping at the far side of the stage. All three of these are legal. Boring, but legal.

I'm only saying anything about this because I and others are tired of a lot of the more well known players up in New England saying it should not be banned because it's not good enough and it has not yet been proven broken. I want to either help prove it's broken, or have it banned at every tournament I attend before I go. Reason being, I don't want to fall prey to such a dumb, unbeatable tactic that can not be banned without using an arbitrary rule. (an arbitrary rule that would say "planking is banned by judge ruling", and then very loosely defines planking for a judge to interpret) I want that arbitrary rule at this tourney or I will plank.

j00t

Smash Champion
After winning the first one (/gloat), I'll return and fall in glorious battle.

PlayNTrade Games

Smash Rookie
The point of planking is to win by running out the time by just sitting on the ledge and forcing an approach by the opponent because of a simple damage % lead. This means running off stage and putting oneself into a very bad position that can easily lead to a self-death.

Stalling technically is not planking because stalling usually refers to the act of "making oneself unapproachable." (i.e. Peach's side-b stall in melee if I remember correcty. And fyi, you can just airdodge as sonic uses his neutral-b and he won't have a target. :p He'll fall to his death after a couple times.)

Anyways, a planker is still approachable- as is a Snake that camps with all his projectiles and snake dashes away when someone gets close, or an air campy Wario player that uses his aerial mobility to dodge every attack and force an approach- usually recklessly. Planking is simply camping at the far side of the stage. All three of these are legal. Boring, but legal.

I'm only saying anything about this because I and others are tired of a lot of the more well known players up in New England saying it should not be banned because it's not good enough and it has not yet been proven broken. I want to either help prove it's broken, or have it banned at every tournament I attend before I go. Reason being, I don't want to fall prey to such a dumb, unbeatable tactic that can not be banned without using an arbitrary rule. (an arbitrary rule that would say "planking is banned by judge ruling", and then very loosely defines planking for a judge to interpret) I want that arbitrary rule at this tourney or I will plank.
planking is legal so go ahead and plank

Majist

Smash Journeyman
So I most likely will not participate in this after all. I have a job to attend at 6:(

I'll still show up and support everyone and play friendlies if possible. I really just wanted to play doubles anyway.

j00t

Smash Champion
So I most likely will not participate in this after all. I have a job to attend at 6:(

I'll still show up and support everyone and play friendlies if possible. I really just wanted to play doubles anyway.
Haha, bring a Melee setup and I'll play that :p

Majist

Smash Journeyman
how will this thing be structured? will there be pools or will it go straight into brackets? Will it be double elimination?

EDIT: @j00t: i may just do that:grin:

PlayNTrade Games

Smash Rookie
how will this thing be structured? will there be pools or will it go straight into brackets? Will it be double elimination?

EDIT: @j00t: i may just do that:grin:
we'll just go into brackets and there will most likely be double elimination but it depends on how many people come.

Top Bottom