• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Platinum End Free-for-All-Mafia GAME OVER: The Big Reveal

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Despite this game being mafia but not-mafia, a lot of the deduction, questioning, and action orchestration that has gone on in our previous games could still work here and have benefits.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Despite this game being mafia but not-mafia, a lot of the deduction, questioning, and action orchestration that has gone on in our previous games could still work here and have benefits.
It's just that this time, everyone is a Cult Leader.

Game can't be broken if everyone has the broken role, right? :troll:

D

Deleted member

Also, one more thing. I gotta complain about the time priority thing.

It's a good idea in concept, but if people are busy with life or live in different time zones, this can put them in a severe disadvantage for reasons that aren't even in their control.
I agree. It's the same issue I had with things like Dire Thunder, it makes what's supposed to be a Turn-Based RPG into a Real-Time one.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I agree. It's the same issue I had with things like Dire Thunder, it makes what's supposed to be a Turn-Based RPG into a Real-Time one.
Not unless you "level up", which I just described as being possible. Before it wasn't even possible and no one said anything, before the game started this was known. Now I made it easier to circumvent real-time constraints in unlikely scenarios and that's when I get complaints? :laugh:

D

Deleted member

Not unless you "level up", which I just described as being possible. Before it wasn't even possible and no one said anything, before the game started this was known. Now I made it easier to circumvent real-time constraints in unlikely scenarios and that's when I get complaints? :laugh:
I simply commented on it because it was brought up by someone.
I feel like this game is a good chance for us to learn certain things, being: how to make proper FFAs? How to change the game to make it more unique without turning it into a completely different one? How are we gonna take such an extreme openess to the setup? How, if at all, should time-based inputs be handled? And so on and on.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
@Apollo Justice praline praline @Shishœ The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn Natz~ Natz~ Opossum Opossum Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei @ShinyLegendary @AlphaSSB @Liberation @Pokechu redfeatherraven redfeatherraven

For the second time the candidates gathered and struggled with the task handed to them.

Why talk to these people?
Why tell them anything about me or what I've done?

The functions of the arrows and wings were discussed more than their duty, and gradually time dwindled and the target for the death sentence became between two choices, and the votes were close. Unfortunately for one, it was not a tie.

angel intuit 2.png

"So now it's our turn to leave? Perhaps it is for the best... no, if it is fated, it must be."

The candidate known as Shishoe sighed and looked up, although all he could see is a hard, cold ceiling, but the look in his eyes spoke to him looking beyond. "My spirit is to be taken... To this celestial realm... Heaven. Very well, I shall go."

trump angel.png

"Personally I think he should go straight to hell for the sin of that performance!"

"Yet I think the one who understands the others and their plights will be the one destined to win..."

"Not when they are struggling against the very notion of destiny they aren't."

"Enough," surprising the ivory beings, Shishoe stepped forward. "I said I am ready. We don't have the time for these antics."

"Antics?!"

"Yes of course..."
his angel flew by and reached out its hands.

Unceremoniously the life was taken out of Shishoe. This time, signs of desensitization were already settling in as the other candidates looked blankly on as the body crumbled to the floor like a puppet's whose strings were cut.

Out from his body rose a shining, red diamond... no, it was a Red Arrow!

red arrow panel.png
SHISHOE WAS POSSESSED BY A RED ARROW!

It soared in the air, following with it his blessing, which carried a set of Red Arrows and Wings. They flew towards another Candidate and was absorbed into their own rings!

SWAMPASAUR OBTAINED A PAIR OF WINGS AND RED ARROWS.
Shishoe was blessed by a First Rank Angel.
Shishoe is now dead.

DAY 2 HAS ENDED AND NOW NIGHT 2 BEGINS. THIS POST WILL BE LINKED IN THE OP TIMELINE.
NIGHT 2 WILL END IN 24 HOURS AT NOON CST FRIDAY.
Usage of wings and arrows now available in Role PM. Discussion now moved to PMs with players (with host invited).

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
lol

Yeah Shish, I didn't actually trust you after that first day stunt.

I'm a petty mofo.

D

Deleted member

Hey, Swamp, just so you know I'm never trusting you again, *****
Lynch All Swamps is my new moto you dirty backstabber

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
To be fair, I was gonna plan our agreement and not go after ya for a while.

I just wanted your vote not to count against me in case you went after me again.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
"Honor the agreement"

Typo. Sorry.

D

Deleted member

To be fair, I was gonna plan our agreement and not go after ya for a while.

I just wanted your vote not to count against me in case you went after me again.
It's okay, I'm gonna use this salt on dinner.
It's a mix of being backstabbed and getting lynched so it'll be delicoous.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
redfeatherraven redfeatherraven Natz~ Natz~ praline praline Opossum Opossum The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei @AlphaSSB @ShinyLegendary @Apollo Justice @Liberation @Pokechu

If there was ever a demonstration that quiet was not synonymous with peace, it was the second Night among the candidates. Privately they exchanged words, asking each other for their thoughts and feelings, as they might have above ground under different circumstances. Provided that you ignore the topic of who was to be told to offer up their own life to grant each other another day of life, the candidate's still setting their sights on breathing the air of tomorrow as if it was as fresh as the first inhale after a deep dive underwater.

But for one individual, they would not reach the surface of the third Day. An unknown candidate had stalked the suffocating halls of their willing prison not simply for chatter but rather the elimination of a competitor.

This individual found their prey.

white arrow death.png
There was no scream. Their life was snuffed out like a candle as the murderer strolled off as if nothing had happened, leaving the corpse where it fell.

When morning came, the angels were quick to discover its location and called for the candidates' attention. Unlike the bodies from the Days before, this time the sight left a sickening sense of dread in them that shook their vulnerable souls. Not by its appearance, for by all accounts it was the same as before, but this death carried a much different implication.

PRALINE IS DEAD.
HIS BLESSING IS UNKNOWN TO ALL BUT THE ONE WHO TOOK IT.

emotion angel.png
"An empty shell... their angel is missing as well. This can only be the work of a White... but why? We had agreed to select our candidates through deduction..."

game angel.png
"God's don't follow rules, they make them. Finally we see signs of initiative!"

As the body was discarded with little comment or sense of formality, the heavy hearts of the candidates who were frozen in place, save for their darting eyes, stalled the start of the next culling.

Someone standing among them right now is intent to kill them. Who would do such a thing? Who could do such a thing? And are they next? They prayed in their hearts until they realized the chilling irony of the gesture.

Eventually an angel reminded them of their deadline along with the stakes at hand. Reluctantly, the candidates steeled their resolve and began their duty.

11 Days of the Competition Remain
10 Candidates

DAY 3 HAS BEGUN. A LINK TO THIS POST WILL BE ADDED ON THE FIRST PAGE.

24 HOURS REMAIN UNTIL THE NEXT PHASE.

PUBLIC THREAD NOW OPEN, PRIVATE PMS FORBIDDEN. TIME TO VOTE.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Vote: Swampasaur

The very fact that he has Shishoe's tools can make him a big threat if left unchecked.

Not to mention we don't know who got praline's stuff, nor her class.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
My tools are exactly the same as yours.

You didn't think this through.
If you're a First Class or higher, Shoe's wings already allow you to commute two nights in a row.

Assuming that whoever hit you the other night is eventually taken out, thus freeing you from the love bug, you'd be much safer than any of us.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
ya....very true

hes also a backstabber that didn't even last a single turn

vote:swampasur
Hey.

I didn't try to get Shishoe killed.

Moreover, Praline told me last night that Apollo, Natz and Stoopid were going to try to lynch me today. Apparently she tried to defend me.

And lo and behold.

SHE'S DEAD.

One of you is a murderer.

If you're a First Class or higher, Shoe's wings already allow you to commute two nights in a row.
Eh? I don't think that's how that works.

And if it is, how do you know that?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Vote: Shiny
What did you do last night?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
And to seal the deal...

VOTE: APOLLO

I think you're the killer.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Where does it say anything about commuting two nights in a row?
Oh... that's what you meant. Well...

Wing Usage and Duplicate/Extra Pairs - Wings now go on a one Night cooldown after use. However, when a player has multiple pairs of wings, their allowed usage of flights in a row is multiplied by the number of pairs of wings they have. For example, if a player has two sets of wings, they can choose to fly two Nights in a row without penalty.
There ya go :p

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Hey.

I didn't try to get Shishoe killed.

Moreover, Praline told me last night that Apollo, Natz and Stoopid were going to try to lynch me today. Apparently she tried to defend me.

And lo and behold.

SHE'S DEAD.

One of you is a murderer.

Eh? I don't think that's how that works.

And if it is, how do you know that?
theres zero reason for us to kill praline she hit the back ends just like us, and i find it stupid she'll die trying to defend you

someone killed her, i don't know who and we'll figure that out eventually i still say lynch you for how you didn't even try to uphold the truce you gave shishoe,

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
The one thing that really confuses me is the fact that praline's class came up as "unknown"

Why have that happen for her specifically when the last two people had their class publicly said?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
someone killed her, i don't know who and we'll figure that out eventually i still say lynch you for how you didn't even try to uphold the truce you gave shishoe,
Considering I have reason to believe his red arrow he shot was at me...

I think it was mutual.

Moreover, I was doing in defensively. I wasn't trying to screw Shishoe over.

I'll tell you tonight. It isn't something I want to say openly.
Well okay.

I'll trust ya

Unvote: Apollo
Vote: Shiny

The one thing that really confuses me is the fact that praline's class came up as "unknown"

Why have that happen for her specifically when the last two people had their class publicly said?
This is our first nightly kill. Maybe that's how they operate.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I'll tell you tonight. It isn't something I want to say openly.
So.

There's no protective abilities save self-preservation. If you have such a power, there is no reason to fear.

If he is a white arrow wielder it is in our best interests to know. If lynched, we will know who his powers transfer to, if any, and may act accordingly. If he perishes in any other fashion, as Praline has demonstrated, we will be chasing shadows.

There is no other reason to pressure a wagon unprovoked...without expecting gain.

Therefore there will be no tonight. You will discuss this now.

Vote: Opossum.

Being affected by a Red Arrow doesn't just mean their allegiance is no longer theirs, but also that if they were to die by any means, the one who struck them will receive every angelic tool they had. If this happens by vote in front of all players, it is revealed to whom the blessings go to.​
It's clear why this was worded so specific now. We have witnessed the opposite today. The class must be kept hidden lest we know the tools someone received.

If we do not discover and destroy the White Arrow wielders as quickly as possible, they will be able to eliminate us with abandon, and we'll quickly lose track of their capabilities.

I am a Second Rank. I have no defensive capacity. The mix of Wings and Red Arrow priority from First and Special ranks make it unlikely that I will be able to improve my stature.

Any remaining Second Ranks take very close heed. The vote is our only sword.

Swing it at the neck of anyone who has something to hide.

Top Bottom