• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Platform canceling with ness!

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
So, I really like this a lot. Lylat just became more fun for me. Going to abuse Bthrow like no other now.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I need more time to look into this, but right now I'm getting ready for Deutschland.

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
I've been doing this for a looooong time. It's a lot of fun XD

The double jump one I never thought about before though, I'll be abusing that a lot now. Thanks :D

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
*facepalm......
Based on mains and all that, you know what would be poetic justice? Yink grab release F-infracting this guy.

Just sayin'

I really liked the demonstrations with the B-throw. I tried to do the double jump one but I couldn't get it to work :psycho:. Do you have any explanation of the timing that might help?

Bartolon

Smash Lord
Uhm, just when you fall beneath the platform, cancel your dj with a dair there are 2 different timings. One is that he automatically uses the dsmash and if you wait a lil longer and you do it, it cancels in nothing and you can follow up with anything.
I am sorry, it's hard to explain really =/

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Im gonna see if this can be used for Lucas alot more.

However it's aloooot harder with him then Ness it seems =/

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
*facepalm......
Already spoke to you about this. This is very unnecessary.

On-Topic:

I got it to work a couple times but I only do it about 3/4 of the time...and I did it once with Lucas too haha.

EDIT: It is J, it really is and he doesn't have much that can work into it.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I can't see the video, unfortunately. Maybe if I decide to go to the library this weekend I'll view it. I was hoping for maybe a DJC.

oOTjayOo

Smash Apprentice
lol coolits like a lil L canceled wavedash thingy. I think we should look more into ness double jump. Its pretty unique compared to the rest of the cast. So we might find some more interesting glitches like this 1.

kennypu

Smash Journeyman
lol coolits like a lil L canceled wavedash thingy. I think we should look more into ness double jump. Its pretty unique compared to the rest of the cast. So we might find some more interesting glitches like this 1.
it's not a glitch, every character can do it, just different timing.

the cool thing about this is that, if you input it fast enough, you can buffer any move. I used do this to fsmash all the time :D. imagine if a meta does this and dsmashes...nasty.

EDIT: I see people asking for timing. when doing it for the first time, its easiest if you watch ness's body. stand on the ground in smashville, do a full jump when the platform comes by. you have to push down(DOWN) right about when half of his body is through the platform. If you input a command right after you push down(eg c-stick something), he will preform that action right after landing.

Bartolon

Smash Lord
@kennypu: That ain't no platform cancel. You have to input a arial, it's faster then the way you are talking about.

For MK it isn't really useful his dair comes out too fast iirc.
He's better of uairing or something that course

oOTjayOo

Smash Apprentice
Gona probably be a neat BF trick to abuse xD scince every1 going to BF these days as the first neutral Everytime i playsome1

kennypu

Smash Journeyman
Platform cancel only works on Smashville and lylat =(
i see what you're saying. but its the same thing. because you're pushing dair, he lands on the platform. samething as just pushing normal down.

and this can be done on any stage with some type of 'moving' platform. it doesn't matter how its moving as long as its moving. This means you can do it on Yoshi's island (when it's turning), pirate ship, distant planet, etc etc.

Bartolon

Smash Lord
Yeah I know, but I didn't mention those because most of us won't choose those stages (Or those stages are banned)

But ok kennypu I really thought it wasn't the same though

kennypu

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I know, but I didn't mention those because most of us won't choose those stages (Or those stages are banned)

But ok kennypu I really thought it wasn't the same though
yeah, I think the lag after the landing (which is barely) are the same. But I give you props though, looks like it may be easier using this method to do it :]. And yoshi's is a strikable stage here so yeah :3. I was trying to find a vid of me doing this to a smash in a real tourney match, but I forget where it was. too much videos -.-

Bartolon

Smash Lord
I think it's pretty risky for using smashes out of a platform cancel though, throws are the best <3
Especially bthrow it kills even sooner on a platform so that's nice =D

kennypu

Smash Journeyman
I think it's pretty risky for using smashes out of a platform cancel though, throws are the best <3
Especially bthrow it kills even sooner on a platform so that's nice =D
there are certain situations that make smashes useful. for example, lets say the oponent is a floaty character, and they like to stay in the air. If you're in smashville, you can wait for the platform to come by, and you just jump, platform cancel, fsmash. Fsmash is usually slow, but in a situation like that, most people don't expect it, and will get hit. platform cancel to hyphen smash is always beastly too.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
I wish someone could explain how to do this. I like learning ATs. But yeah, not even the slightest clue how to perform this.

kennypu

Smash Journeyman
just push down or c-stick down when you jump up onto a moving platform. You have to push down/c-stick down when ness is going "through" the platform, and not after he's done going through. so push down when half of his body is through the platform. if you keep trying it you'll see the timing.

Top Bottom