• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Plans for GTA Brawl tournaments

rx-007

Smash Apprentice
Whoever lives in the GTA, have a wii and plan on playing competitive brawl please post in this thread so we can get a rough idea of how many consoles and people we'll have at a tournament. with this information we can start planning for tournaments right away when brawl gets released. thanks everybody.

Miller

Smash Lord
TBH man, there wont be any Brawl "Tournaments" for like 6 months to 1 year after the American release. Theres no point on planing them now. And you could have just posted in the already Existing GTA Thread. That threads made of win.

rx-007

Smash Apprentice
From what i've seen, people just want to get together, play some smash and get some good competition, so enough people get brawl on the release date, i dont see why we couldn't get a tournament going within a month or two after its release.

D

Deleted member

TBH man, there wont be any Brawl "Tournaments" for like 6 months to 1 year after the American release. Theres no point on planing them now. And you could have just posted in the already Existing GTA Thread. That threads made of win.

- I want to play Brawl competitively as soon as it comes out

- This guy has been around the scene waaay longer than you have, he hosts very good tournaments so planning them out is a very good idea

- GTA thread fails,
"made of win" is a stupid and extremely old internet joke

your post is the reason why I cannot stand the invasion of "OMFG BRAWL TECHNIQUES!~!!"

You seem to think that since Brawl isn't as technical as Melee you can't be competitive, which is just silly...

Brawl is so much better than melee anyway, melee is simply too gimp-filled to be fun anymore

Brawl is way more about mindgames and spacing which is what the game should be about on a priority basis, not "oh u got shiened i winned dat match lolz"

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
wtf who is rx-007 i've never heard of him

how has he been around the scene longer than miller if we've never heard of him .___.

gta thread sucks but now that wavedesh is gone it's just gay

how do we know brawl is less technical lol the new stale moves makes it seem very technically demanding if you want to do good combos

D

Deleted member

rx is Wes, brother of the great Kingsley

he's been around before me

we dont know if its less technical.

rx-007

Smash Apprentice
all i wanted to do was make a thread to gather some future brawl and wii owners and see if we could get the tournament scene going

this has really gotten out of hand, does it even matter who i am? if you have nothing positive to contribute please don't post, otherwise this will end up like the GTA thread.

ps. if you dont know Kings thats a shame, he was the best smasher to come out of the Toronto area, lol who knows he might still be the best (haha no offense Jake)

Sanu

Smash Champion
I have a wii and a copy of the game and am interested in playing competitively.

There we go, that's one so far =P

Edit: Jake, your Zelda will cower at the sound of my howl, *****. <3

Miller

Smash Lord
Hell I was planning on going to the next GTA get together to play around and have fun. Sure theres going to be tournaments but.... It wont be awhile before the TRUE metagame is established, thats all im saying. Its going to take a little bit to have real tourneys.

D

Deleted member

...?!

There needs to be competition to have a metagame become established

rx-007

Smash Apprentice
...?!

There needs to be competition to have a metagame become established
qft:laugh:

anyway, i think it would be way more fun to have a tournament without an established metagame. nobody would know who counters who, all the matchups are unknown, i think it would be a ridiculous amount of fun.

With that said, all we need is 6-8 people willing to contribute wiis and approx. 25+ ppl who are willing to come and we have ourselves a tournament!

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
qft:laugh:

anyway, i think it would be way more fun to have a tournament without an established metagame. nobody would know who counters who, all the matchups are unknown, i think it would be a ridiculous amount of fun.

With that said, all we need is 6-8 people willing to contribute wiis and approx. 25+ ppl who are willing to come and we have ourselves a tournament!
So, this is Wes? Hahaha.

I like the idea of either a giant smashfest, or a tournament, but no cash on for pot. Just for fun. I don't think we should charge for pot, just have people pay for the venue. lol.

D

Deleted member

yo **** that adnan let's play for money

it'll make the competition that much fiercer lol

Tzunami

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't mind organizing a big tourney downtown in May or something. It shouldn't be too hard renting out rooms here at UofT and we should have a lot of room.

On a side note, I wil be hosting more of these downtown events after Brawl's release (especially after finals are done) so that maybe Downtown will come out as the strongest region :p. Better get practicing ppl!!

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
I very much approve of this thread.
LOL at the Wes identity ownage.
" If I dont know him he can't be anyone!!! I know everyone!!!"

Top Bottom