• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Plano/Garland/Richardson - Brawl & Melee - Jan 18, 2009

TXGamers.com

Smash Apprentice
If your coming this week, remember we can use a few setups.. Also if you would like to trade in games and/or systems bring them with you, we will pay cash or give you credit at the store or with Texas Gamers your choice!

MimicMew

Smash Apprentice
Mimic Mew, who are you?

Txgamers: I'm late but don't hate. Be a mate and hesitate. It'll be worth the wait.
I played you at a UTD smashfest. I was setting up next to you at the melee tournament today, you remember those TVs.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Thanks Matt for another great tournament. You even held a 2nd free tournament when not enough people signed up for teams. That's dedication to the smash community.

Great seeing everyone that came out.

Also great pwning n00bs in bowling.

I'll have those vids up as soon as I get my capture device in the mail.

bigo24_7

Smash Journeyman
Yea i guess u did pwn those noobs in bowling..u and woobles should be glad that me and IKE didnt make it there in time to play cause u would have learned what the word pwning really means....kinda like u did me in the Tourney today but all in all it was fun!

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll have those vids up as soon as I get my capture device in the mail.
When do you think that'll be? I did some cool stuff I want to see again. And a lot of dumb stuff I probably don't want to see >_>

Anyways competitive melee is definitely dead guys, time to accept it lol.

I might play some for fun occasionally (probably as ganondorf/captain falcon trying to warlock/falcon punch people as much as possible) but definitely no more melee tournaments for me.

The real question is will I bother with Brawl tournaments? Even I don't know the answer to that one...

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Hopefully soon???????? No idea though. I'm actually surprised I still haven't gotten it yet.

You, Chang, and Landon need to carpool to the Austin tournament the 11th.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Oh Eric, I thought you'd never ask!

1 - Wobbles
2 - Bluezaft
3 - Drew
4 - DoH
5 - Poot (or Brave depending on if you count his forfeit after winning the set -- awesome last match, by the way)
5 - ??

There were 15 entrants.

What you should be asking for is bowling results. Especially that one game where I beat Landon and Drew's combined scores.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
I got my capture device a little while ago and am currently trudging my way through Final Smash 4 teams.

Wilma

Smash Rookie
So, the next three weeks will be Brawl/Melee singles? I guess with three below average turn-outs in a row you figure you'll just give the masses what they want. That may just be a bit too much though, but I guess if a bunch of people consistently show up, then it'll be worth it. We should mix some Brawl teams in there, too.

MimicMew

Smash Apprentice
1: The Phoenix! ($52.50)
2: bluezaft ($15.00)
3: Dr Drew The Dragon ($7.50)
4: DoH
5: pootTheBox
5: brave
7: Leapinghare
7: Circa
9: Melee1
9: mimicmem
9: Raymea
9: Ike
13: TheSixthFlame
13: Big O
13: HTown
You spelled my name wrong...

Thanks for the great tournament, like always. :)

pootTheBox

Smash Ace
Oh Eric, I thought you'd never ask!

1 - Wobbles
2 - Bluezaft
3 - Drew
4 - DoH
5 - Poot (or Brave depending on if you count his forfeit after winning the set -- awesome last match, by the way)
5 - ??
There were 15 entrants.
Much obliged!
fookin battlefield and DoH being better than me
Leapinghare beat me then forfeited to me under the assumption that I would do better vs DoH

so... 5 - L'hare (lawlrz)
5 - Rbrave (heh)
7 - pootTheBox
7 - snakemason

*waves* hey MimicMew! didn't know you went by that name. Keep it up man. We'll get friendlies at the next smashfest

DEV64

Smash Apprentice
I can go and I can bring a wii and brawl this is my fist trnament for brawl look forward to brawling everybody XD

TXGamers.com

Smash Apprentice
Updated next week to Brawl 1vs1 and Brawl 2vs2 ... This should help get attendance up again... And this is the last event for a while!

TXGamers.com

Smash Apprentice
This weeks results...

1: Melee1 ($63.00)
2: d4ba ($18.00)
3: FOGO ($9.00)
4: Infinity
5: Bwett1
5: KG
7: LOL OMG
7: Devin
9: Kyas
9: Comet
9: Geno
9: SAI
13: 13OSS
13: Sero
13: Snap
13: YNOT?
17: ADAM
17: Denthorn

Whynot

Smash Rookie
I don't suppose anyone would be able to provide a ride to and from? I've got gas money. ;)

P.M. if you think you could possibly do it, thanks.

Top Bottom