• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Plano/Garland/Richardson - Brawl & Melee - Jan 18, 2009

TXGamers.com

Smash Apprentice
Woohoo! Longer live melee! Need anyone to bring copy of smash or anything?
Anything that may help release special chars for Brawl.. Do not know whats going to come up with that over the first few weeks.. :)

Matt

PS> I will try and do something the 14th or 15th (Also)... Let me see what we can do :)

Reckon

Smash Apprentice
Alright!
Another tournament I CANT attend!
I will forever lurk in the shadows.

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
ill be there as well, ill bring along couple of friends, and ill bring a copy of brawl and melee so is there on one the 29th and 28th ?

random_bob

Smash Cadet
i've heard that brawl data cant be copied to SD cards so how will we be able to play as secret characters in the brawl tournament? Also can anyone link me to Brawl's MLG rule set? i would love to see it before the tournament

TXGamers.com

Smash Apprentice
i've heard that brawl data cant be copied to SD cards so how will we be able to play as secret characters in the brawl tournament? Also can anyone link me to Brawl's MLG rule set? i would love to see it before the tournament

Rules updated in first post.

Matt

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
I tried doing it for my friends to no avail. dunno if there is an alternate way. Plain wouldn't let me put the info on the sd card.
pTB

**** it Fogo! Log off your name.
pTB

Ratatat

Smash Apprentice
yeah its true you cant save brawl data onto an sd card
so...
whats gonna happen?

VulgarHandGestures

Smash Journeyman
bring your wii's. people just brought their cubes+memory cards to tournaments, this is essentially the same thing.

how many people are entering into the brawl tournament? from the talk around here it sounds like most of texas wants to stay with stale old melee...

VulgarHandGestures

Smash Journeyman
norfair, for a time, belongs to whoever can get into the pod. that's what i assume, anyway.

but yeah, that banned stages list is kind of, uh, fascist.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
"Fascist"?!?!?

The rules were taken from some big Brawl tournament, I forget which one. Hanenbow and Port Town should definitely not be legal, ever.

EDIT: Hey Richard, how much for a shirt? If you're still doing those.

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
norfair, for a time, belongs to whoever can get into the pod. that's what i assume, anyway.

but yeah, that banned stages list is kind of, uh, fascist.
you can air dodge or grab an edge to survive through the entire lava wave without getting hurt

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Port Town has THE most lethal stage hazard, aside from the Chimera on Pork City. Actually, it's worse than the Chimera since the cars take up half the freaking stage and you can easily be knocked into them. If the cars killed at 200 like in Melee instead of 70, THEN it should be legal. Port Town is ******** though.

EDIT: PS2 should be banned because all the transformations are incredibly irritating. What, that's a reason!

I'm not so sure about Pictochat and Norfair. Buuuut I'm not running the tournament so I don't have to think about it.

TXGamers.com

Smash Apprentice
Hope to see you all this weekend! Looks like we need you to bring a wii if you want need a special char.

Dr Mario Kart

Smash Apprentice
How many TVs are going up to be up? Starting Melee only an hour before Brawl leads me to believe that there is going to be a delay in starting Brawl.

I hope this place doesnt have too many fancy TVs, I have yet to play on a HDTV that didnt have at least a little lag.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
The klaptrap on Japes kills at 0 and you can't even predict it coming. But you were perfectly fine counterpicking there Chris. What's changed?

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Skill doesn't get many kills, maybe 1 every 2 or 3 games in my experience. The cars get at least 1 or 2 kills a game.

Them's results!

Cars are freaking everywhere and pop up a lot. Skill comes along only once in a while and in just 2 out-of-the-way areas. I mean, you usually don't recover through there, and really the only hits that can knock you into there are spikes or other low-trajectory attacks, which aren't common at all. And most of all you can't PLAN to knock someone into the klaptrap.

And I never counterpick Japes unless it's teams and I happen to be teaming with a Peach.

Top Bottom