• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Planking

Barge

All I want is a custom title
I don't know if this is a joke or not.
No, it will not be banned, its waiting for your opponent to approach, if the opponent doesn't approach then that's their fault.

Staco

Smash Champion
isnt planking the same like stalling? <<
your opponent cant really attack you ...

do you really think its fair to play like this? Oo
what would you think, if somebody makes this to you ... <<

Dav657

Smash Apprentice
i would use zeldas din fire and just keep hitting them until they decided to approach me. Or snakes multitude of projectiles.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
I never liked it lol...

This is one of the many reasons why. If you've got no projectiles (and even if you do, it's hard to stop planking) you must approach, and when you do they get free hits on you. Some characters are MUCH better at it than others. Doesn't sound fair to me. Japanese ledge grab rule is good here. In fact, I wouldn't mind at all if it was reduced to 40 ledge grabs rather than 70.

In tournaments....okay, you're playing to win, but even if you win by doing this, nobody's going to acknowledge your skill.

Top Bottom