• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
If I'm correct, Jeff, along with Paula and Poo, had trophies in Melee.
Yeah, for example, Paula:
Ah right, forgot about Melee. But I feel like they could do better with them... Ah well.

Lord Retardus

Smash Cadet
Man, I am tooo dang hyped. Brawl introduced me to Mother 3, which basically became my absolute favourite game, so it's about time Lucas made a comeback.

Also, I seriously want a new Mother 3 stage of some kind. New Pork was cool and all, but there's so many more locations we could have. Also I think the stage slightly missed the point of NPC in the original. It's supposed to feel cramped and fake, something that isn't really inspired by making it one of the most infamously large stages of all time.

skeletonboxers

Smash Cadet
NNID
tabster123
3DS FC
4983-5230-3260
Man, I am tooo dang hyped. Brawl introduced me to Mother 3, which basically became my absolute favourite game, so it's about time Lucas made a comeback.

Also, I seriously want a new Mother 3 stage of some kind. New Pork was cool and all, but there's so many more locations we could have. Also I think the stage slightly missed the point of NPC in the original. It's supposed to feel cramped and fake, something that isn't really inspired by making it one of the most infamously large stages of all time.
The Empire Porky Building would be such a great stage that transitions as it goes higher and lower. Having a floor with the bathrooms and the Ultimate Chimera being in one... The while building has potential for a good stage with references such as passing by the shell house, and even passing by a DCMC concert.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
The day of arrival is only getting closer, with each passing day going slower... Wednesday will be over before we know it, and then will drag the next day. ;_;

Lord Retardus

Smash Cadet
Wednesday's practically over for me, but then again here in Australia Lucas arrives at 1AM Monday morning. For once a late-night release I'm gonna stay up for!

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Wednesday's practically over for me, but then again here in Australia Lucas arrives at 1AM Monday morning. For once a late-night release I'm gonna stay up for!
Ahhh I wish I was back in Australia, I'll be on a hike here so I won't be able to get Lucas until later. :'(

You should try going into the competitive scene Lord! More Lucas mains will always be good. <3

Lord Retardus

Smash Cadet
I'm trying, I swear. Gotta build up my skills through Anther's for a little while before I start attending actual tournies though. That and the whole Year 12 thing. Definitely going to go ahead and make Lucas a main, though. Technically my current mains are Ness and Kirby (dat voice actress synergy) but I've set my Sm4sh mains in anticipation of next monday.

Last edited:

Jinlennon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jinlennon
What about moves for gimp? nair maybe? from the moment that the last hit now has more knockback? fair? what else?

Here in italy will be available at 17:00 PM :(

Last edited:

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
What about moves for gimp? nair maybe? from the moment that the last hit now has more knockback? fair? what else?

PKT1,Down Throw Fair near the ledge,Rope Snake Ledge Thrump into Spike Bair,Thundersliding(if Lucas can do The double PK2 which he probably can) and other stuff :p
And do my crazy Down Throw combo idea near The ledge which is Down Throw-Read The air Dodge into turn around Back Air and when they try to recover, do a Stage Spike Fair and fast fall into double jump Dair to kill them :p

Last edited:

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
you can join us if that's alright with Step :)
Oh definitely! I'd love to practice with all of my fellow Lucas mains. We'll all work together to push our boy to his limits. ;o

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
PKT1,Down Throw Fair near the ledge,Rope Snake Ledge Thrump into Spike Bair,Thundersliding(if Lucas can do The double PK2 which he probably can) and other stuff :p
And do my crazy Down Throw combo idea near The ledge which is Down Throw-Read The air Dodge into turn around Back Air and when they try to recover, do a Stage Spike Fair and fast fall into double jump Dair to kill them :p
I quite hope PKT1 can still be used for "PK Uppercut" during gimping - basically make PKT1 go below your opponent and then instantly turn it up which should push them quite far away to the blast zone. But since ya'll are Lucas-main, you knew that, right?-

Also Ledge-trumping might need to become more vital for Lucas's sake, it hasn't been too big with my Peach or Marth despite practicing it with them but I'd love to learn it to the point of comfortability for Spiked B-Airs.

skeletonboxers

Smash Cadet
NNID
tabster123
3DS FC
4983-5230-3260
What would your reaction be if they announced New Pork City in the pre-update video on Sunday?
"Pay close attention, now... If you run into a red, huge-mouthed Chimera, do absolutely NOTHING to it. Got that? I've warned you. And, while I'm warning you like this, I should add that it'd be even more dangerous not to take the time out to talk with that frog."

I'll be indifferent if the stage makes it back honestly. I would want a new Mother 3 stage, but that's asking for more.

ilysm

sleepy
I may have already voiced this opinion, but as much as I love Mom 3 (and ask anyone I've ever spoken to, I love it a LOT) I really dislike New Pork City. On principle, any stage where you need to use your recovery move to get from one place to another place is a bad stage. I'd only want it back if they changed it around. A new MOTHER stage would be amazing; some great suggestions I heard were Saturn Valley and the Chimera Labs.

AwkwardNess

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Awkw4rdAss4ssin
Honestly, I'd be fine with New Pork City coming back. As infamous as it was in Brawl, the stage really lends itself well for 8 Player Smash. And with Omega Stages, you can still enjoy that Mother 3 love in a practical setting. I'd also really like Fourside to make a return.

Deidara

Banned via Warnings
Saturn Valley would be neat since it represents both EB and M3. and the non-omega version could have random spawning Mr. Saturns to throw around...(eww) but I think the omega version would look too much like that one Mario stage in Wii U that I totally forgot the name of.

AwkwardNess

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Awkw4rdAss4ssin
Saturn Valley would be neat since it represents both EB and M3. and the non-omega version could have random spawning Mr. Saturns to throw around...(eww) but I think the omega version would look too much like that one Mario stage in Wii U that I totally forgot the name of.
Do you mean Mushroom Kingdom U?

ilysm

sleepy
Honestly, I'd be fine with New Pork City coming back. As infamous as it was in Brawl, the stage really lends itself well for 8 Player Smash.
Well, my problem wasn't really an issue of size so much as an issue of space. I mean, there's just so much SPACE in between all of the set pieces. To give an example, I loooooove Temple, even with 4 players but especially with 8. One of the reasons why Temple worked so well was that it was easily traversable. There were a lot of no-hassle routes a player could take from one area of the stage to another. New Pork City was big, sure, but that wasn't its problem. Its problem was that it was so tedious to get from Point A to Point B that it made me wonder why I bothered. (Fun fact, actually: size-wise, Temple and New Pork City are almost the same. Everyone assumes New Pork is bigger because of all the empty air, which is pretty telling.)

So yeah. I guess I didn't like it because of its mobility issues, not because of the size per se.

Last edited:

AwkwardNess

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Awkw4rdAss4ssin
Well, my problem wasn't really an issue of size so much as an issue of space. I mean, there's just so much SPACE in between all of the set pieces. To give an example, I loooooove Temple, even with 4 players but especially with 8. One of the reasons why Temple worked so well was that it was easily traversable. There were a lot of no-hassle routes a player could take from one area of the stage to another. New Pork City was big, sure, but that wasn't its problem. Its problem was that it was so tedious to get from Point A to Point B that it made me wonder why I bothered. (Fun fact, actually: size-wise, Temple and New Pork City are almost the same. Everyone assumes New Pork is bigger because of all the empty air, which is pretty telling.)

So yeah. I guess I didn't like it because of its mobility issues, not because of the size per se.
NPC's empty space is kinda why I want it back for 8 Player Smash. With 8 players, it ends up always becoming a thing of attacking nearby opponents as opposed to having to navigate the stage to find your opponents. I kinda dislike Temple because of the Cave(s) of Life and the fact that every match ends up going there. NPC DEFINITELY has Caves of Life, but they seem less effective due to the empty space and the fact that in the caves, you're not necessarily safe below yourself (The destructible platform in the bottom right and the few platforms in the bottom left). If 8 Player Smash didn't exist, then I'm certain that NPC would have no chance of returning. I'd personally love to also see the Ultimate Chimera show up and tear through crowds of characters.

I think so. the green one that changes with Nabbit and stuff?
Yes indeedily.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
NPC's empty space is kinda why I want it back for 8 Player Smash. With 8 players, it ends up always becoming a thing of attacking nearby opponents as opposed to having to navigate the stage to find your opponents. I kinda dislike Temple because of the Cave(s) of Life and the fact that every match ends up going there. NPC DEFINITELY has Caves of Life, but they seem less effective due to the empty space and the fact that in the caves, you're not necessarily safe below yourself (The destructible platform in the bottom right and the few platforms in the bottom left). If 8 Player Smash didn't exist, then I'm certain that NPC would have no chance of returning. I'd personally love to also see the Ultimate Chimera show up and tear through crowds of characters.

Yes indeedily.
With how 8 player stages have been handled, Ultimate Chimera probably would be removed if the stage were to return. For 5+ players anyway.
Which as a Smash Player, makes me happy. As a Mother fan, it makes me sad.

Last edited:

Dinamirer

Smash Rookie
Soooooo I'm the only one registered to smashboards because of this topic? lol
(sorry for the bad English)

Oh cool, another Italian :bee:
(pensa te che quando annunciano Lucas devo andare a fare un torneo lol)

Drippy

Smash Ace
Disappointed, because that's like the worst stage of all time lol

I just want Fountain of Dreams back ;_;
I want a lot of old stages back like Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, and Green Greens. A lot of them are really good competitive stages.

ilysm

sleepy
I'm actually a bit disappointed in the way Omegas were handled in this game. Don't get me wrong, they're really cool. But Nintendo missed a golden opportunity with them in my opinion. Imagine if Omega Great Cave Offensive was essentially FoD? Or if Omega Wooly World was a remake of Yoshi's? So many possibilities! But instead they're all just FD clones. Cosmetically cool, but kind of a novelty.

AwkwardNess

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Awkw4rdAss4ssin
I'm actually a bit disappointed in the way Omegas were handled in this game. Don't get me wrong, they're really cool. But Nintendo missed a golden opportunity with them in my opinion. Imagine if Omega Great Cave Offensive was essentially FoD? Or if Omega Wooly World was a remake of Yoshi's? So many possibilities! But instead they're all just FD clones. Cosmetically cool, but kind of a novelty.
That would definitely be cool, but that seems like a bit too much for the team. At that point, they might as well just bring back the actual stage. I really enjoy the Omegas a lot anyways.

skeletonboxers

Smash Cadet
NNID
tabster123
3DS FC
4983-5230-3260

Nope I joined smashboards just for this topic too aha :ness:

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
I cant wait to see the "I'm gonna main Lewis!!! :B" people stop playing him for the next DLC character. Why does this happen in every game LOL?

And glad you guys joined, the more the better. (:<

Last edited:

Jinlennon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jinlennon

Sarà disponibile nel vostro torneo? O aspettate un pò?

Zoyah

Smash Cadet
I cant wait to see the "I'm gonna main Lewis!!! :B" people stop playing him for the next DLC character. Why does this happen in every game LOL?

And glad you guys joined, the more the better. (:<
Yeah, people just get attracted to DLC characters when they come out, just look at Mewtwo... It'll eventually die out and people will go back to their regular characters except for the dedicated ones (all of us?) :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom