• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

Drippy

Smash Ace
Hey guys what do you think Lucas' Boxing Ring title is going to be?

I can't think of one.

One of the longest GIFS iv'e ever seen!
But great nonetheless!
I know this was discussed pretty early on in the social thread. I think a lot of people liked the idea of Saviour of Nowhere or the Boy from Nowhere and such.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Mother 3 was released on April 20, 2006 in Japan.
Today is April 20.
Happy 9th birthday Lucas!!! ^_^

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Oh, I can't believe I forgot Mother 3's anniversary. Happy birthday, current favorite game of all time!

That means next year will be the big 10 for the game. I can't believe a little over six years ago I got to play this amazing game for the first time. Even if it eventually loses its throne as my top game ever (Xenoblade is really challenging the position right now, assuming it remains as strong as it is now for me), it's still the game that had more influence on me than any others. It really defined my tastes in games and how I viewed them and made me less afraid to get games outside of my go-to franchises like Pokémon, and it's one of the first games that really made me feel for its characters.
Happy 9th birthday, Mother 3.

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Wow, I really need to play this game. Any where I can get an English translation? Should I run it on an emulator?

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
eng patch: mother3.fobby.net/
the ROM is abundant.

an emulator is pretty much your only choice, unless you want to get an unofficial cart.

1/128

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chrono-Omega
It's so great to know that today's is Mother 3 "birthday", because I wouldn't have found out that by myself. I frequent a lot of forums of series that don't have frequent releases that basically die without a new release in nine years. Of course there are certain cases, but the EarthBound fanbase seems to be only getting stronger and stronger over the years and the release overseas seems to be only getting closer and closer, and we have to thank a bit of it to Super Smash Bros. These masterpieces deserve it. Happy birthday, Mother 3.

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
eng patch: mother3.fobby.net/
the ROM is abundant.

an emulator is pretty much your only choice, unless you want to get an unofficial cart.
Just started my very first Mother game, Mother 3, on it's 9th birthday! The graphics are so adorable and just the overall aesthetic is pleasing; I look forward to my time with the game!

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Mother is so lucky to be in Smash brothers, it's made people realise what a wonderful series it is and I'm glad it got the attention. I think the reason is almost purely smash brothers. Other games that are on a similar level to Mother like Terranigma, Beyond Good and Evil, Secret of Evermore, FF6 and Chrono Trigger (CT is less of an example because it got re-released for the 3DS I think) just have very little rep when they deserve so much of it. Now, because of Smash, Ness and Lucas will be known by the majority of gamers for a very long time to come, and that makes me very, very happy, as much as I wish Ark or Crono to be in that position as well.

@ Narth Narth Please let us know how you're going with the game. It's going to be one hell of a journey. Can't wait for your next post here about it. ;)

Last edited:

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
@ Narth Narth Please let us know how you're going with the game. It's going to be one hell of a journey. Can't wait for your next post here about it. ;)
I'll keep you posted! :3 Thanks for the recommendation guys

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Finished my Mother 3 playthrough. Got a bit teary, but no crying until the end.

KittyKyat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
esskaytwo
Mother is so lucky to be in Smash brothers, it's made people realise what a wonderful series it is and I'm glad it got the attention. I think the reason is almost purely smash brothers. Other games that are on a similar level to Mother like Terranigma, Beyond Good and Evil, Secet of Evermore, FF6 and Chrono Trigger (CT is less of an example because it got re-released for the 3DS I think) just have very little rep when they deserve so much of it. Now, because of Smash, Ness and Lucas will be known by the majority of gamers for a very long time to come, and that makes me very, very happy, as much as I wish Ark or Crono to be in that position as well.

I thought Chrono Trigger and FF6 were quite popular.

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
So last night I finally caught up to where I left off in Mother 3. Getting through the ocean walk this time wasn't as tedious as I remembered, which was probably why I stopped last time. But now it's all "new" stuff (quotes because I'll confess that I'm already spoiled regarding how the rest of the game goes), and as I just learned myself, it's Mother 3's 9th anniversary. What better way to celebrate than with some shrooooms, right? Right...?

Also I recommend that people try intentionally not using the combo system, at least not against bosses. Settled on doing it myself in the middle of Chapter 5, after finding the second Fierce Pork Trooper fight way too easy because of it, and every boss since then has been much more of a fun challenge. More strategy involved, I'd say.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
So last night I finally caught up to where I left off in Mother 3. Getting through the ocean walk this time wasn't as tedious as I remembered, which was probably why I stopped last time. But now it's all "new" stuff (quotes because I'll confess that I'm already spoiled regarding how the rest of the game goes), and as I just learned myself, it's Mother 3's 9th anniversary. What better way to celebrate than with some shrooooms, right? Right...?

Also I recommend that people try intentionally not using the combo system, at least not against bosses. Settled on doing it myself in the middle of Chapter 5, after finding the second Fierce Pork Trooper fight way too easy because of it, and every boss since then has been much more of a fun challenge. More strategy involved, I'd say.
Nah, combos are way too much fun for me to not do them. :p

Drippy

Smash Ace
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOTHER 3, also I completely agree with the Mother series being lucky. In general I probably would've never cared or even heard about Kid Icarus, Mother, Fire Emblem, or hell even ever bother to play Donkey Kong and Metroid because I've never played a DK / Metroid game in my life despite their popularity but Sm4sh has made me want to try them out.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Aaaaah happy birthday Mother 3! I'm loving you to death so far, and I can't wait to play you when I get home! ^w^
It would've been amazing if Lucas DLC was released today, but we still have to wait. :(

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
It's so great to know that today's is Mother 3 "birthday", because I wouldn't have found out that by myself.
After a lot of mindless web surfing, I found the Mother 3 Wikipedia article and it said released on April 20 on the top. I didn't think it was the 20th yet until I checked. :p

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I thought Chrono Trigger and FF6 were quite popular.
Kind of, but more in niche communities. Any casual gamer that's played smash will probably at least know 'the kid in the blue and yellow T-shirt with the red cap' or 'the kid in the red and yellow T-shirt with the blonde hair'. Many of those same gamers will also know that FFVII is a very well known game but may not know the rivalry that exists between FFVII and FFVI.

Chrono Trigger was in an obscure boat more or less until the re-release came around, even then I wouldn't say it's anywhere near as well known as it should be. =P

Agent Emerald

Smash Journeyman
Happy Birthdank to you.

Happy Birthdank to you.

Happy Birthdank Mother Threeeee.

Happy Birthdank to you.

Happy birthday Mother 3! Nine years of tears! We've made it so far, and look where we are now!

Now PK blaze it

Last edited:

ENKER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamanx1367
3DS FC
5344-0965-9612
You honestly might be young if you don't know Chrono Trigger. Chrono Trigger is well known to all gamers in their late twenties as the best RPG on the SNES.

(This thread is making me feel old, womp wahhh...)

ENKER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamanx1367
3DS FC
5344-0965-9612
Anyone who enjoys RPGs owes it to themselves to play Chrono Trigger. It truly is awesome.

Plus, it'll help me feel not quite as old. So, please play it. :p

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
You honestly might be young if you don't know Chrono Trigger. Chrono Trigger is well known to all gamers in their late twenties as the best RPG on the SNES.

It doesn't appear to get the publicity it should outside of RPG-playing communities.

I would still be inclined to put it at 'Beyond Good and Evil' status, but that's just me lol. You could be right, I could just be young enough for my friends not to really know it, but if so then that needs to change anyway.

Allow me to stroke my own ego and ask if any of you know of Terranigma or Secret of Evermore? The former is my favourite game of all time and there's only like, one other person on this forum that I know who has played it. =P

Last edited:

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Dear Nintendo: could we get Mother 1 and 3 released in NA?

I fell in love with Earthbound. I want more.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Definitely maining Lucas when he's released btw.

Tikao

Smash Ace
Happy Mother 3 Anniversary Everyone + Lucas :happysheep:

Just imagine Lucas sitting in front of an omelette with birthday candels in it

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Smash 4 Lucas looks so good, reminds me a lot of his timeskip sprite in M3.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
OH!

Beautiful HD big transparent Lucas render, go!

His hair looks baller in this game.
Especially in this gif.

The little hair swoops look so much more detailed and noticeable now. I like it.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I can imagine Sakurai implementing a mechanic with Rope Snake where if you use it too much consecutively, it'll fall down, get depressed and be disabled temporarily.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I can imagine Sakurai implementing a mechanic with Rope Snake where if you use it too much consecutively, it'll fall down, get depressed and be disabled temporarily.
That would be hilarious.

Drippy

Smash Ace

I'm a Freshman in High School and I played Chrono Trigger in like the 6th grade. I think it's mainly gamers who are into JRPGs who should know about Chrono Trigger, I don't expect FPS players to really know about Chrono Trigger.

His hair looks baller in this game.
Especially in this gif.

The little hair swoops look so much more detailed and noticeable now. I like it.
Third time, I'm saying it. Beautiful tasty soft served vanilla ice cream hair. ༼◉ل͟◉༽

Definitely maining Lucas when he's released btw.
I thought everyone already took the oath of maining Lucas the moment they commented in this thread. (つ°ヮ°)つ

I'm gonna take a break from Kirby and invest more time in Lucas when he's released.
Yeah my main is Mega Man but I'm going to be putting a lot of time into Lucas after he's released.

Top Bottom