• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I was really happy that there would be an M3 to play after EB. Then after M3 I knew I was going to play M1 so I got insanely excited because I was like "MORE MOTHER YEAHHHHHHH" and then I beat M1 and I was like ;_;

THAT'S WHY ITOI NEEDS TO RECOGNISE M4 AS AN OFFICIAL INSTALLMENT IN THE SERIES ABLGABLBLGLBLGLB. :3

ENKER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamanx1367
3DS FC
5344-0965-9612
He kindaaaaaa does! He DID say he wanted fans to make the fourth installment. AND the m4 team got found out by actual mother reps and they told the m4 team that they were looking forward to playing the game themselves!

Good enough for me! :D

Edit: I swear this is a thing. I read it in an interview that member of the m4 team had with some mother people. I wish I remembered where it was so I could post the link.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So I found my 3DS and deleted that girl's FC! :D

I'll probably replay Mother 3 sometime after my overheating laptop gets cleaned out.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
It's such a good game! It could give Mother 3 some serious competition.
My only complaint is that some of the story quests are annoying, but that's relatively minor. I love everything else way too much.
I finished watching an LP of Xenoblade awhile back, honestly, as much as I hate to say it, I feel like Xenoblade beats out Mother 3 as my favorite RPG, albeit barely, but it basically does a majority of the amazing things Mother 3 did in it's plot, but on a much grander scale IMO. Mother 3 is still a super close second though.

This brings me all kinds of feelings
All the feeeeeeeels. I seriously need to replay Mother 3.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Mother 3's plot has affected me more deeply than Xenoblade's, so I personally go with M3. Xenoblade is still one of my favorite games of all time though.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I finished watching an LP of Xenoblade awhile back, honestly, as much as I hate to say it, I feel like Xenoblade beats out Mother 3 as my favorite RPG, albeit barely, but it basically does a majority of the amazing things Mother 3 did in it's plot, but on a much grander scale IMO. Mother 3 is still a super close second though.

All the feeeeeeeels. I seriously need to replay Mother 3.
I'm thinking it might do that as well, special as Mother 3 is to me. Mother 3 is such a good game with an amazing story, wonderful characters, and just such a unique feel. Xenoblade so far to me is all of that plus a huge, open world and a fun battle system.

I'm still making my way through Xenoblade, though, so the jury's still out.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Mother 3 and Xenoblade are eerily similar in certain aspects now that I think about it. Blonde protagonist, extremely impressive for their respective systems, amazing soundtracks...

Shaymikyu

Mother 3 and Xenoblade are eerily similar in certain aspects now that I think about it. Blonde protagonist, extremely impressive for their respective systems, amazing soundtracks...
The whole thing about the Monado being able to cause destruction or good depending on what kind of person is chosen to wield it reminds me of the Needles and whoever pulls them influencing what the Dark Dragon does.
And the Face Mechons remind me a LOT of the Chimeras, especially the latter ones that get their memories wiped entirely.

Don't forget they both are essentially turn-based RPGs but with some real time elements that include pressing a button at a specific time as well as the ability to approach the enemies from multiple angles.

Come to think of it, I seem to have very specific tastes in game.:joyful:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
The whole thing about the Monado being able to cause destruction or good depending on what kind of person is chosen to wield it reminds me of the Needles and whoever pulls them influencing what the Dark Dragon does.
And the Face Mechons remind me a LOT of the Chimeras, especially the latter ones that get their memories wiped entirely.

Don't forget they both are essentially turn-based RPGs but with some real time elements that include pressing a button at a specific time as well as the ability to approach the enemies from multiple angles.

Come to think of it, I seem to have very specific tastes in game.:joyful:
Believe it or not, you haven't even gotten to the best part of Xenoblade. Yes, it manages to get even better. Can't wait to hear some of your reactions.

Shaymikyu

Believe it or not, you haven't even gotten to the best part of Xenoblade. Yes, it manages to get even better. Can't wait to hear some of your reactions.
I can't imagine it getting better. It's so good.:eek:

I'm at the place after Mechonis Field, for reference.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I can't imagine it getting better. It's so good.:eek:

I'm at the place after Mechonis Field, for reference.
Xenoblade is suuuuuch a great game. You're close to the best parts, too.

The hype for Xeno X is so big. I wish we could just confirm the English release already. I want to hear how good or bad the voices might be. ;-;

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

The hype for Xeno X is so big. I wish we could just confirm the English release already. I want to hear how good or bad the voices might be. ;-;
X looks insanely good. Every single time they show something new I just can't contain the hype.

Deidara

Banned via Warnings
I just had a nice thought... if they added new music along with a new stage for Lucas' DLC. one song should be DCMC's King P's Theme/ Welcome! Theme. they would fit nice together and are both awesome songs :)

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
Just finished Mother 3 for the first time, and on Earth Day no less (I was worried that my work would prevent me from finishing it today). So glad I decided to come back to this game. The final battles (from Natural Killer Cyborg on) are really quite fun. Well, except for the very last one, of course. I admit I teared up a little during the last phase of that fight, even though I first saw how it plays out years ago and have seen videos of it multiple times since then. Shows just how powerful it can still be.

I've yet to play Xenoblade Chronicles myself, but it's definitely something I want to try at some point, considering all the really good things I've heard about it. I'd prefer to get a Wii version despite the price (and since I don't have any sort of 3DS), though I'm not in any particular rush to get one either. Still into some other things right now.

Shaymikyu

I've heard I'm nearing some of the best stuff in the game, which is saying something considering all of the amazing moments so far.

I'm definitely getting X at this point, whenever it comes out, though it's going to have a tough act to follow. And I'm curious to hear the voices, too. I'm guessing no British voice acting because of the setting, which is a shame- it's part of what's making the original stand out a bit.

Drippy

Smash Ace
Lol don't hate yourself for saying that, everyone has their own opinions and I'm pretty sure not everyone in this thread has Mother 3 as their favorite game. I love Mother 3 and have over-exaggerated at times but my favorite games will always be the SMT series, specifically SMT : Nocturne but doesn't mean I still can't love Mother 3 nonetheless. On the other hand, I plan on getting Xenoblade soon for the Wii (but I have a huge list of games to get...) since I've heard tons of good stuff about it. :D

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I've never played Xenoblade, but I would like to. Mother 3 and the Mother series in general are one of my favourite series, but the game that holds the place in my heart of favourite game of all time is actually this beautiful little gem called 'Terranigma' (I've already mentioned this to you BUT WHATEVER I'LL MENTION IT AGAIN), the last in a spiritual trilogy (you don't have to play the previous games to enjoy Terranigma though) and it's just soooo good. <3

But the Mother series also hold a very special place in my heart. After seeing the gameplay for Mother 4 I'm pretty excited. I've always had a feeling like the mother series has been building on itself though in subtle ways, usually themes and ideas. I'm hoping Mother 4 continues the idea of growing up in a crazy world-kinda thing, and hopefully will be really special to me. :D

As for M3 stages... I would actually love a Thunder tower stage, a Tanetane Island stage, a mountains stage or even a Osohe castle stage. <3

1/128

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chrono-Omega
I didn't post lately, neither will I post soon

This is because of Mario Kart 8

Bye

(I'll be back in two weeks)

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Leo looks like the coolest party member of the group. I hope the game has a lot of content especially when it comes to having the main party together

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Wait what??/ Was there a new trailer or??
Have you seen the gameplay trailer? It was in the teaser though as well. ALSO LEO IS A PSYCHIC USER MEANING WE DON'T NEED 2 ITEM HOLDERS THE DAY IS SAVED GUYS.

Honestly, considering this fact, I wouldn't be surprised if this team rivals the EB team in terms of how powerful they are. In regards to power, Mother teams would appear to be EB = M4 > M3 slightly >>> M1 (even 'guaranteed' kill move isn't actually a guaranteed kill move, mr. PK Beam :p )

The gameplay trailer is here:

1/128

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chrono-Omega
Man, I can't wait for June. Mother 4, Lucas, E3, vacations! That month gotta be great. We still have to wait for May, though...

Shaymikyu

Another Xenoblade/Mother 3 similarity- both have a party member who has a limb that doesn't work right but still manages to kick all of the butt and is also a speed demon.

Anyway, is Lucas out yet? Is he now? How about now? Is it June yet?

BSXDrayden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BladeSatoshiX
Have you seen the gameplay trailer? It was in the teaser though as well. ALSO LEO IS A PSYCHIC USER MEANING WE DON'T NEED 2 ITEM HOLDERS THE DAY IS SAVED GUYS.

Honestly, considering this fact, I wouldn't be surprised if this team rivals the EB team in terms of how powerful they are. In regards to power, Mother teams would appear to be EB = M4 > M3 slightly >>> M1 (even 'guaranteed' kill move isn't actually a guaranteed kill move, mr. PK Beam :p )

The gameplay trailer is here:

OOOOOH YEAH

Not seen that since it came out so I had forgotten about PK Mem-erh, Beam. Oopsies.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I hope that M4 will give you more than like, 3 boss battles with the highest level of whatever unique (crowd control) PK power Travis has. Mother games have a tendency to make the final battle not actually a particularly hard battle, which is fine, but I'd like there to be some really cool battles beforehand that really allow you to go all out and stuff, a bit like Strong One in M3 except you have all your powers. :p

EDIT: Actually, NKC makes a great example.

Last edited:

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Hey guys, how we all doing?

Just thought I'd quickly update you on a first-time player's progress in Mother 3! I've gotten to the part where Hinawa dies, and I'm really enjoying the game! I'm not great at RPGs in general so I'm probably missing a lot of stuff, but this is my first play through so don't kill me! It's a really endearing game, and I would agree with people that say it's art. It's a really astounding game for some reason, I can't put my finger on it... but it's just... gorgeous! I guess I can ask you guys a question there... why is this game so damn beautiful?! Why do you guys like this game? Love to hear your thoughts... :D

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Mother 3 is a game I love because... of a lot, really. The game design is intuitive (even by today's standards, why does no-one else use a counter number system??), the world is both immersive and humourous (and not afraid to put itself out there), the ideas and themes are simplistic but well explored and represented, the story is engaging and beautiful and the chibi, cartoony-styled world is charming.

Most of these points apply to the other mother games, by the way.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
I haven't ever played Xenoblade

don't kill me

pls
You are dead to me/sarcasm.

Another Xenoblade/Mother 3 similarity- both have a party member who has a limb that doesn't work right but still manages to kick all of the butt and is also a speed demon.

Anyway, is Lucas out yet? Is he now? How about now? Is it June yet?
There's a few other similarities i want to point out, but i won't yet since they're spoilerish ones. One i can safely say tho:

Both Shulk and Lucas are like, some of the only Nintendo Protagonists to have actual personalities (Lucas has one, we see a good amount of glimpses in it in the game, and alot of implied stuff also shows bits of his personality) and character development. : P

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Guys I can't get over some of the soundtrack for this game. Still yet to be impressed by some of the battle tunes, they aren't quite as catchy as I'd like BUT I'M SURE AFTER HOURS OF EXPERIENCING THEM IN GAME I'LL LOVE THEM ANYWAY. What I mean is like, the remixes of well known Mother stuff are done so well, and they have some amazing other stuff, I can't keep my head from moving to the groove of Green Run, like does this theme get any better??

Okay Luco you need to calm down now. Guys I'm gonna sleep soon, hopefully by the morning I'll be slightly more sane again. :p

Shaymikyu

You are dead to me/sarcasm.

There's a few other similarities i want to point out, but i won't yet since they're spoilerish ones. One i can safely say tho:

Both Shulk and Lucas are like, some of the only Nintendo Protagonists to have actual personalities (Lucas has one, we see a good amount of glimpses in it in the game, and alot of implied stuff also shows bits of his personality) and character development. : P
Shulk's really, really growing on me the further I get in Xenoblade. He certainly has a very defined character arc, more than even Lucas. And it's all pretty subtle- we get to see his change instead of it being sudden. I'd argue he's one of the best-written protagonists in a Nintendo game, but I haven't played nearly enough games to fairly compare. In terms of games I've played, though, he's one of the more well-defined.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Hey guys, how we all doing?

Just thought I'd quickly update you on a first-time player's progress in Mother 3! I've gotten to the part where Hinawa dies, and I'm really enjoying the game! I'm not great at RPGs in general so I'm probably missing a lot of stuff, but this is my first play through so don't kill me! It's a really endearing game, and I would agree with people that say it's art. It's a really astounding game for some reason, I can't put my finger on it... but it's just... gorgeous! I guess I can ask you guys a question there... why is this game so damn beautiful?! Why do you guys like this game? Love to hear your thoughts... :D
I love the amount of detail, the beautiful spritework, the characters, the humor. The way the story is presented is amazing, and so is the story itself. The music is brilliant. The battle system is a lot of fun with the whole combo thing. That about sums it up I think.

Kairos

Smash Rookie
Dude put soul into that game. The creator said it is his masterpiece. The rare time when an artist feels completely at peace with his creation.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I like Xenoblade, but it definitely won't beat Mother 3 as the game that impacted me the most. Funnily enough my 3 favorite characters in Smash, are some of the most personality depth Nintendo protagonists, Ike, Lucas, and Shulk. :bee:

Top Bottom