• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

Drippy

Smash Ace
Have any of you guys heard of a low level playthrough of SMT Nocturne? Well it's a pretty hard game in itself and it's generally agreed upon by the SMT community, I wonder if a low level hard mode playthrough of Mother 3 would be possible.

ilysm

sleepy
The boss that really had me in Earthbound was easily
Diamond Dog. I have no clue why. Perhaps I didn't know how to fight it well enough. Also, I died once in the Caves of the Past and used up all my items. I hadn't prepared in advance and needed to slug my way through it with basically nothing. It was a combination of determination, magic butterflies, and a little bit of Monkey Love that finally saw me through.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
The boss that really had me in Earthbound was easily
Diamond Dog. I have no clue why. Perhaps I didn't know how to fight it well enough. Also, I died once in the Caves of the Past and used up all my items. I hadn't prepared in advance and needed to slug my way through it with basically nothing. It was a combination of determination, magic butterflies, and a little bit of Monkey Love that finally saw me through.
I've heard that one can be hard, but I had a pretty easy time with him. I think it's because at that point, Jeff becomes unstoppable.

D

Deleted member

@ Luco Luco Glad to see you completed the whole series. I still need to get to Earthbond first and foremost.
btw guys and gals, i have created a group picture all the characters, but in a different way. this version is in-game rather than a simple drawing. here it is:

As you can probably guess, Lucas isn't on this. I made this with MS Paint, and had to take 52 separate pictures to get them all on there.
Mewtwo was just added to this pic yesterday, and I plan to re-upload this image here WITH Lucas.
(he will have to be beside Bowser Jr. because he can't fit beside Ness).

Also if you couldn't tell this has been my signature for awhile.

Oh something else, this fits perfectly as a wallpaper.
Wow this is amazing. are you planning to rearrange the order once more DLC character gets confirmed? Ryu and Roy will probably push this up to fifty-five characters.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I've heard that one can be hard, but I had a pretty easy time with him. I think it's because at that point, Jeff becomes unstoppable.
Yeah I had trouble wit him the first time, I think it's because he changes and you have to re-evaluate your strategy again, mid battle. But yeah Jeff is literally the way to annihilate that boss, but he's a pretty iconic boss (you see him in a lot of fan-art, and I think he's one of my favourite bosses, but then again I love that species of animal so <3 ).

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
@ Luco Luco Glad to see you completed the whole series. I still need to get to Earthbond first and foremost.Wow this is amazing. are you planning to rearrange the order once more DLC character gets confirmed? Ryu and Roy will probably push this up to fifty-five characters.
unfortunately its a bit too time consuming to rearrange it, instead other DLC characters will go on the left of the stage where those empty spaces are. If there are more then 5 DLC characters after Lucas then will consider revamping it.

1/128

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chrono-Omega
Hey, all! I'm sorry I did not post today, but boy do I have a lot to say pretty soon! I'm very near ending the Chaper 8 (and the game) so I decided to post all I need to tomorrow, when I finish Mother 3 (I said I only needed one more week!!!)

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
All just filler? Are you forgetting
Mecha Drago?

But yeah, I much prefer the bosses from Chapter 5 onward. I say 5 because I hated Chapter 4's boss. The only one I loathed more was
the boss that you fight that sends you to Tanetane Island.
Some of the Tantane Island shenanigans were disgusting.

Especially some of the stuff Flint says.

Wtf.

Last edited:

Tikao

Smash Ace
something i always wondered : is there a way to get through tanetane Island without eating those mushrooms?
You don't get directly forced to take them, but indirectly, or will the first enemy there always kill you before you even have the chance to beat him? (like when you're ridicolously overleveled)

Last edited:

KittyKyat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
esskaytwo
something i always wondered : is there a way to get through tanetane Island without eating those mushrooms?
You don't get directly forced to take them, but indirectly, or will the first enemy there always kill you before you even have the chance to beat him? (like when you're ridicolously overleveled)
Everyone in your party is at 1 hp and he has an attack that hits the whole party.

Drippy

Smash Ace
I'm disappointed to say that I have to keep using a walkthrough on Mother 1, it's just so confusing on some parts... Like I really hate using guides on games but gahhhh this game is just so I don't know, maybe it's me. :(

In Magicant and I absolutely did not know where to go, had to check everywhere and I finally found out you could walk on pick sections of the place and eventually I found the fountain. Also I now know how to get through the guard too so there's that. I was hoping that all I'd have to use a walkthrough for is finding Pipi at the cemetery and Laura but this game doesn't really give you any hints or specific at all about where to go. I mean I'm not sure if it's just me, it's just you don't really check behind a white pillar out of nowhere or enter a random tombstone or know to use Telepathy on the guard. =3=

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I'm disappointed to say that I have to keep using a walkthrough on Mother 1, it's just so confusing on some parts... Like I really hate using guides on games but gahhhh this game is just so I don't know, maybe it's me. :(

In Magicant and I absolutely did not know where to go, had to check everywhere and I finally found out you could walk on pick sections of the place and eventually I found the fountain. Also I now know how to get through the guard too so there's that. I was hoping that all I'd have to use a walkthrough for is finding Pipi at the cemetery and Laura but this game doesn't really give you any hints or specific at all about where to go. I mean I'm not sure if it's just me, it's just you don't really check behind a white pillar out of nowhere or enter a random tombstone or know to use Telepathy on the guard. =3=
If using a guide is doing bad things to your head (I know it does to mine), then try asking me. I can give you help whenever you need it, having slogged through it and finishing late yesterday (or extremely early this morning ;) ), the details of everything are still super fresh in my mind.

Where are you now? If you're still in Magicant and you've done the whole fountain thing as well as gotten the Ocarina from one of the wizards in the houses in Magicant town, then you need to cross the bridge that's on the right of the pink moat that takes you down to a bunch of wells. You'll see one, followed by like a rough row of five or so and then a massive amount of them. The dungeon is through one of the wells on that top row-ish (you just walk over every other well so it's not hard to find out). Once you're in, I'd advise finding your own way through the buttons because even going the wrong way isn't a big punishment and can even lead you to goodies, and overall aside from the monsters, with the super defensive gear you'll find the dungeon's mobs are very non-threatening with a few exceptions and the dungeon itself isn't hard to memorise.

But if you would like help on the dungeon then I'm happy to help there too. If you're past all that and up to Merryville, then let me know if you get stuck. :-)

Drippy

Smash Ace
If using a guide is doing bad things to your head (I know it does to mine), then try asking me. I can give you help whenever you need it, having slogged through it and finishing late yesterday (or extremely early this morning ;) ), the details of everything are still super fresh in my mind.

Where are you now? If you're still in Magicant and you've done the whole fountain thing as well as gotten the Ocarina from one of the wizards in the houses in Magicant town, then you need to cross the bridge that's on the right of the pink moat that takes you down to a bunch of wells. You'll see one, followed by like a rough row of five or so and then a massive amount of them. The dungeon is through one of the wells on that top row-ish (you just walk over every other well so it's not hard to find out). Once you're in, I'd advise finding your own way through the buttons because even going the wrong way isn't a big punishment and can even lead you to goodies, and overall aside from the monsters, with the super defensive gear you'll find the dungeon's mobs are very non-threatening with a few exceptions and the dungeon itself isn't hard to memorise.

But if you would like help on the dungeon then I'm happy to help there too. If you're past all that and up to Merryville, then let me know if you get stuck. :-)
Thanks a lot I appreciate the help but I think it's more of a fact that I just feel like I'm a cheater either way. On the other hand I guess I should now know that this game is really tricky and I should be looking out for the least obvious stuff, I was beginning to get the hang of that by using Telepathy on the little holes / poles in the area but it didn't work, for some reason it didn't occur to me to use it on something else haha...

I just got to Lloid's part but I don't know where to go now, I assume the factory north and getting a rocket or something to persuade Lloid to join me?

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Thanks a lot I appreciate the help but I think it's more of a fact that I just feel like I'm a cheater either way. On the other hand I guess I should now know that this game is really tricky and I should be looking out for the least obvious stuff, I was beginning to get the hang of that by using Telepathy on the little holes / poles in the area but it didn't work, for some reason it didn't occur to me to use it on something else haha...

I just got to Lloid's part but I don't know where to go now, I assume the factory north and getting a rocket or something to persuade Lloid to join me?
kinda off-topic but your profile pic freaks me out for some reason.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558

I like the idea because it feels like a friend who is/was playing the game is helping out another. If you're worried about though then I totes understand, I'm a similar way. In regards to your question though:

You can try going north but you'll find yourself in a world of pain. Try going to the southern 'sweets' factory first. :p

Drippy

Smash Ace
I like the idea because it feels like a friend who is/was playing the game is helping out another. If you're worried about though then I totes understand, I'm a similar way. In regards to your question though:

You can try going north but you'll find yourself in a world of pain. Try going to the southern 'sweets' factory first. :p
Yeah I can see where you're coming from, I think it will definitely lessen the pain so I'll just ask you for help, thanks a lot!
I already went there and there's only Rats and I got most of the capsule items already. Also I'm at the Duncan factory right now and I don't think you have to worry, I'm one-shotting every enemy as a literal one many army. This is what happens when I get lost at Magicant :(

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yeah I can see where you're coming from, I think it will definitely lessen the pain so I'll just ask you for help, thanks a lot!
I already went there and there's only Rats and I got most of the capsule items already. Also I'm at the Duncan factory right now and I don't think you have to worry, I'm one-shotting every enemy as a literal one many army. This is what happens when I get lost at Magicant :(
If you've already been to the southern factory, you should have found a bin on like the top floor, inside the bin are bottle rockets, if you take one of them (or all of them, they don't do too much damage but it is area damage so yay?) and present it to Loid he'll join you and then you can activate the old rocket at Duncan's factory. =3

Drippy

Smash Ace
For the Earthbound fans:
http://my.corgiorgy.com/mrsaturnparty
If you've already been to the southern factory, you should have found a bin on like the top floor, inside the bin are bottle rockets, if you take one of them (or all of them, they don't do too much damage but it is area damage so yay?) and present it to Loid he'll join you and then you can activate the old rocket at Duncan's factory. =3
HAHA I THREW IT AWAY BUT I FELT LIKE THAT ITEM HAD SOME SIGNIFICANCE. Oh well I just got some more at the new one (have two just in case) and I couldn't get out so I had to use the Onyx Stone and yea I found the old rocket and assumed I needed to bring Lloid with me.

Last edited:

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
boney isn't actually the weakest party member in mother 3, and he's not the worst either
but he's still pretty bad

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Speaking of Mother 3, it's really fun so far! I just started Chapter 3 or 4 (When you first get control of Lucas). And I got my GCC working with it too so that's cool.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
Actually, you first get control of Lucas in the Prologue, right after the game starts.
I was gonna copypasta that WFT pic, but that's overused now.

Speaking of the Prologue, has anyone tried:
  • Refusing to change clothes when Hinawa asks you to
  • Ramming into Hinawa's chair
  • Ramming into the Drago from its left

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I don't even care too much though. Because there's once or twice a point in the game where you have to grind for a little while, by the time you get to the end you easily have enough money to buy a heck ton of bombs for Boney and Duster to be useful after they've done their stuff (I know Duster can be more useful but I just found him far too unreliable to do anything other than scary mask and occasionally wall staples if I was feeling gutsy lel). =3

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
I don't even care too much though. Because there's once or twice a point in the game where you have to grind for a little while, by the time you get to the end you easily have enough money to buy a heck ton of bombs for Boney and Duster to be useful after they've done their stuff (I know Duster can be more useful but I just found him far too unreliable to do anything other than scary mask and occasionally wall staples if I was feeling gutsy lel). =3
I wouldn't trust a dog with bombs.

Top Bottom