• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
2 months until Lucas... I wish it could go faster. I wonder when they are gonna add his character page on the Smash site?

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Hell, they may even pull a Mario Kart and say "We're a little ahead of schedule so Lucas will be available May 21st" or something... But ahh, they might wanna save everything they can for E3 for a big explosion of greatness. I love Mewtwo and Mewtwo dittos are fine, but sometimes I think it would have been more fun to release more than one character at a time? Maybe hoping for too much.

And yeah, hope Lucas will be next to Ness and they'll fix the darn CSS, what happened?? Ugh, they shifted everyone to the left? Link on top right Zelda all the way to the left? I'm sorry, it's ugly, Mewtwo's inclusion didn't havta do this! Just put Mewtwo in Rob's place next to Greninja and make some room on the bottom for Rob and keeped it spaced nicely, no big deal! Sigh... They do a great job, but sometimes they mess up the smallest strangest things...like the menus.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Sorry for my absence here.

I haven't gotten to try Mewtwo yet, but I doubt I'll have too much to say. Excited for my boy's return, though.:4lucas:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I've just been using the black tail pallets for Mewtwo and facing Ness pretending it's Giegue VS. Ninten haha

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
@Everyone who helped along the way, including @ D Drippy , @ Shaymikyu Shaymikyu , @ Tikao Tikao and I know plenty of others, I just finished Mother 1, which completes my playthrough of the entire series (until Mother 4 gets recognised as an official instalment in the series by Itoi! Yeah? :D ). I just wanted to thank you all for your help and support (I know this sounds really self-righteous but IT GETS BETTER :p ) through the playthrough. Drippy, it's gonna be difficult but you're in for a treat, trust me.

Playing through it all has made me appreciate every single mother reference all that much more, made me love everything, all the work they put into the games and the morals and ideas they're trying to get across, as well as being fun, engaging RPGs that can be difficult at times (EB + M3) or even just patronising to you (M1 :p) in its difficulty ramp, but overall still feel really meaty, multi-faceted and overall satisfying to play through.

It's time to get back into smash brothers training for me. But maaaaaaan I'm going to feel SO great being able to go to pretty much every single Mother track and know exactly where it came from/what relationship I had with it and having that pure nostalgia will be blissful. :D

Gawd I love this series. I'M A CERTIFIED MOTHER FAN WEEEEEEEE :3

ItsRy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Elibe-Guardian
3DS FC
3239-2802-5492
Little late, but swinging by to say congrats to all for Lucas' return. Hoping my boy Roy is soon to follow suit.

Tikao

Smash Ace
Congrats @ Luco Luco (even if i can't remember helping you in any way xD, i just talked about elephants).
The feeling you get after you finished the whole mother series realy is a great one.

Now we can talk about Mewtwo being a slightly changed Mother 1 Giygas, which means we got a slightly changed Giygas in ssb4

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

@Everyone who helped along the way, including @ D Drippy , @ Shaymikyu Shaymikyu , @ Tikao Tikao and I know plenty of others, I just finished Mother 1, which completes my playthrough of the entire series (until Mother 4 gets recognised as an official instalment in the series by Itoi! Yeah? :D ). I just wanted to thank you all for your help and support (I know this sounds really self-righteous but IT GETS BETTER :p ) through the playthrough. Drippy, it's gonna be difficult but you're in for a treat, trust me.

Playing through it all has made me appreciate every single mother reference all that much more, made me love everything, all the work they put into the games and the morals and ideas they're trying to get across, as well as being fun, engaging RPGs that can be difficult at times (EB + M3) or even just patronising to you (M1 :p) in its difficulty ramp, but overall still feel really meaty, multi-faceted and overall satisfying to play through.

It's time to get back into smash brothers training for me. But maaaaaaan I'm going to feel SO great being able to go to pretty much every single Mother track and know exactly where it came from/what relationship I had with it and having that pure nostalgia will be blissful. :D

CONGRATS! I still need to beat EB0, so you're way ahead of me!

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Still need to play Mother. I'll get around to it eventually, probably in a month or two.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
btw guys and gals, i have created a group picture all the characters, but in a different way. this version is in-game rather than a simple drawing. here it is:

As you can probably guess, Lucas isn't on this. I made this with MS Paint, and had to take 52 separate pictures to get them all on there.
Mewtwo was just added to this pic yesterday, and I plan to re-upload this image here WITH Lucas.
(he will have to be beside Bowser Jr. because he can't fit beside Ness).

Also if you couldn't tell this has been my signature for awhile.

Oh something else, this fits perfectly as a wallpaper.

Last edited:

Drippy

Smash Ace

Congratz man, honestly not sure when I'll get around to playing the game because I really want to get good at Sm4sh so that's my main focus lately. On the other hand you finished the game pretty fast and I recalled watching a playthrough and this guy beat the game and wasn't even that high level so I assume it's not that very lengthy to begin with, hopefully I can get around to finishing it soon.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
That moment when you stop getting notifications from this thread.

Also, I haven't finished Earthbound or Mother 1.

I like EB, I really do, but for me it just drags on soooooooo muuuuuucccchhhhh in the beginning >_<

Mother 1 I haven't tried, though I am reluctant because of the whole "mobs fights every 2 seconds" thing.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

I like EB, I really do, but for me it just drags on soooooooo muuuuuucccchhhhh in the beginning >_<

Mother 1 I haven't tried, though I am reluctant because of the whole "mobs fights every 2 seconds" thing.
It took me two tries to beat EB just because of the beginning. It gets better once you reach the Happy Happyist stuff, though.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
It took me two tries to beat EB just because of the beginning. It gets better once you reach the Happy Happyist stuff, though.
...I suppose I'll give it another try when I have the time too.

Maybe when I don't have these two assignments I need to do >_>

Also, what's everyone's opinion's on the Roy and Ryu files that were found?

Drippy

Smash Ace

There's always the Easy Ring if you just want to play for story, in the end it's your choice. As annoying as it is, there's autobattle and not really much animation so battles go by fast (but it's still annoying nonetheless) so it probably doesn't bother me as much as it bothers other people. Also as I said before I think it's because Spring Break ended for a lot of people or people just don't really have much to talk about, I really do miss the constant conversations in this thread though. :( I expect this thread's revival though when Lucas actually comes out or it comes near his release.

...I suppose I'll give it another try when I have the time too.

Maybe when I don't have these two assignments I need to do >_>

Also, what's everyone's opinion's on the Roy and Ryu files that were found?
I was going to say no Roy because it's another Marth copy but I realized how hypocritical that would sound including there's a lot of Roy fans too and I like seeing people seeing a old fan favorite coming back to the game (especially if they were Roy mains in Melee and were sad not to see him in Brawl). Also I haven't played Melee in a long time so I'm not even sure how much of a clone he is or if he's a semi-clone but I heard he plays quite differently from Marth in Melee so I'll be quite excited to see what they have in store for him. Ryu after seeing what a lot of people have been saying, I don't really mind either since he is a iconic video game character and Nintendo / Capcom apparently have been pretty friendly with each other so it'd be cool too.

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Ryu I've started off with being hesitant with but I'm sure I'll warm up to him. Roy I'm just going to be very satisfied with his return in general. :3

EB is a bit difficult in the beginning. I did notice however that on my (almost) second play-through of the game (I didn't quite finish EB the first time, couldn't get up to Pokey that time), I got through Onett and Twoson so much quicker.

Not a story spoiler or anything, but:

EB is nice because you really almost don't have to grind at all, the difficulty curve is about as perfect as you're gonna get. Once you get to Paula and she levels up a few times, suddenly you're really powerful, and from that point on the game becomes less about 'I need to win this battle and then heal' and more 'how am I going to manage my resources through x amount of battles' and such. In other words, as soon as you get Paula, you suddenly get the massive upper hand in any given battle. The same thing happens with Jeff when you first get him but it's not quite as noticeable because Jeff's powerhouse effect comes through one-shot items until the bazookas so he only really makes you feel powerful when he's almost one-shotting some bosses and when you get some good items for him (because he almost never misses yayyy). And when Poo joins you (especially in Deep Darkness), you'll find large groups of enemies + bosses just become laughable for the most part so it's pretty good, and by that point Paula (and later Ness) can just power through anything with their DPS and massive PP reserves.

Last edited:

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
all the pre-Chapter 4 boss fights were just bad. they were just really limited. especially the cactus wolf. all plot filler.
the most exciting boss before chapter 4 was probably the one which was right at the end of Chapter 3.

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Oh yeah I remember that,

I had quite a lot of trouble with him too, I went through the entire game thinking I could only decrease attack twice, so he was still doing a bit of damage to me. I did manage to get him though eventually and it felt so good haha.

The only issue with M3's difficulty curve is if you don't grind then you do eventually legitimately fall behind. It's not like M1 where you have to grind excessively at like 5 different stages of the game, but I'd say you do have to grind for a while at least once or twice in the game. That said it's an enjoyable grind. :grin:

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
have you guys seen the videos where people try to beat the porky statue without PK Flash or the NYE bomb?
like, it doesn't work but it's still ridiculous to watch.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Nah, for some reason I couldn't get the Porky statue to react to me.

I was pretty adamant about not going to a guide unless I really had to, and I assumed I could go back to him later. Little did I know that you can't get out of the final dungeon! :O :p

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
oh, it's actually quite simple, you're supposed to "return its feelings of hostility" after
you beat miracle fassad

Tikao

Smash Ace
i don't realy remember mother 3 to have difficult bosses (even in chapter 1-4), i only had to grind a little bit for the barrier trio, but never had to before or after that.
Mother 1 obviously needs quite some grinding, and Earthbound was only difficult in the beginning
but overall I'd say Mother 3 is the easiest out of the series, but still not too easy (since, except for the beginning, there isn't a big difference in the difficulty between Mother 2 and Mother 3

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
The only time I felt I needed to grind in EB was the beginning of the game until Paula joined your party. I believe the worst part was that river area between Twoson and Happy Happy Village. Exploding trees and beam shooting UFOs still give me PTSD.

Tikao

Smash Ace
The only time I felt I needed to grind in EB was the beginning of the game until Paula joined your party. I believe the worst part was that river area between Twoson and Happy Happy Village. Exploding trees and beam shooting UFOs still give me PTSD.
The term "exploding trees" seems funny until you face them in Earthbound. The worst day of the week for every Squirrel living in that area

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Actually, although I don't remember having to seriously grind, there were some rather tough bosses for me in EB.

Ness' nightmare is an actual nightmare to fight. It's easy to run out of steam against him, and when you do his heals single-handedly stop your dps meaning diddly squat. I don't know how I got so lucky the second time against him, probably because he started using more electrical attacks against me when I had the franklin badge.

Aside from him, the Kraken on my first playthrough was really, really tough, I remember only beating him by like, a hair (like Ness was the only one still alive and even then only barely, he would have died in one more round), and for some odd reason I even had more trouble with Frank early on in my second playthrough than I should have.

Shaymikyu

all the pre-Chapter 4 boss fights were just bad. they were just really limited. especially the cactus wolf. all plot filler.
the most exciting boss before chapter 4 was probably the one which was right at the end of Chapter 3.
All just filler? Are you forgetting
Mecha Drago?

But yeah, I much prefer the bosses from Chapter 5 onward. I say 5 because I hated Chapter 4's boss. The only one I loathed more was
the boss that you fight that sends you to Tanetane Island.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I wiped the floor deck when it came to the Kraken, I was sort of disappointed by how easy he was for me. I blame Jeff for being an item powerhouse with the HP sucker tho. The Earthbound team were really really powerful.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I actually was alright with

Master Eddy, but I was surprised at the end of the battle, I thought I'd have to pretty much just get my items back somehow. =P

Top Bottom