• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

Login_Sinker

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lagoniusmaximus
Not gonna lie, I miss these forums being super active. Feels too hard to have meaningful discussion on Discord a lot of the time thanks to all the people typing at once. Oh well, no stopping progress I suppose.

k-ta

Smash Cadet
NNID
shadowkyo
3DS FC
5284-1414-9946
To this day, the one move that I wish had gotten buffed for Lucas is PK Thunder because PK Thunder 1's start-up and endlag makes it as risky to use as Up-Smash with not nearly as much reward, and 2 is really only good for getting back to the stage since it's both unreliable and weak when used offensively. Oh, and 2 also has noticeable endlag unless you're on the ground when the move ends.

AusJJV

Smash Rookie
NNID
bowjacashle
3DS FC
0516-7571-4084
Hey, I'm new to the smash scene and I'm curious on anyone's thoughts on Lucas in competitive play. I've noticed some reasonable results coming mainly from Taiheita and a tiny bit from Mekos, but does anybody else have any ideas on where he would stand on a tier list nowadays?

Also, what are some of his best and worse matchups? I'm a bit curious and would like to learn more about this character! I already know the basics of his playstyle and his combos he has to offer, but any advice would help a lot!

Berni_Alt

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I'm new to the smash scene and I'm curious on anyone's thoughts on Lucas in competitive play. I've noticed some reasonable results coming mainly from Taiheita and a tiny bit from Mekos, but does anybody else have any ideas on where he would stand on a tier list nowadays?

Also, what are some of his best and worse matchups? I'm a bit curious and would like to learn more about this character! I already know the basics of his playstyle and his combos he has to offer, but any advice would help a lot!
I think everyone has a different opinion on his ranking in the tier list.
but his worst MU are Greninja, Captain Falcon and Sonic.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I actually don't think Lucas is bad vs Sonic at all, I think Lucas players just need to slow down HARD in that MU. Like literally, get the lead, take stage control and let Sonic do the approaching. Then use Dair vs SD and jabs vs other things and Sonic begins to have a hard time. Get a stock lead and you're in a really really good position. Most of Sonic's gimmicks also don't work on us because air mobility (Uair --> Spring Uair is easily avoidable as is surprise spring ---> Uair if you know what you're doing).

Berni_Alt

Smash Apprentice
I actually don't think Lucas is bad vs Sonic at all, I think Lucas players just need to slow down HARD in that MU. Like literally, get the lead, take stage control and let Sonic do the approaching. Then use Dair vs SD and jabs vs other things and Sonic begins to have a hard time. Get a stock lead and you're in a really really good position. Most of Sonic's gimmicks also don't work on us because air mobility (Uair --> Spring Uair is easily avoidable as is surprise spring ---> Uair if you know what you're doing).
yeah me neither, but i was just naming some characters that most people agree on as Lucas worst MU.

JosePollo

Smash Journeyman
Question: is dtilt fsmash ever guaranteed on any character?
It's only two frames slower than his grab but it doesn't beat shields, making it really unreliable on-stage. It's a lot easier to land if you can down tilt an opponent over the ledge of a stage or platform, though down tilt's hitstun is so little they can simply mash air dodge to avoid it. Luigis like mash nair to break out of down tilt follow-ups, so if you space yourself outside of his range you can get a nice punish on a particularly nair-happy one.

Last edited:

Shrimpchris

Smash Cadet
So does anyone that's still around think they could help a bit with hair/eyes of a Lucas mod I'm nearly complete with? Been trying to get them to work for hours to no avail.

T-Rektz

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3093-7547-5105
Is there a discord for Lucas mains and if so, where can I find a link?

T-Rektz

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3093-7547-5105
I'm sorry to ask again, but the link expired before I could get in

Top Bottom