• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

Snackss

Smash Journeyman
I could play, but people never use social threads to ask for games, which is sort of odd.

Last edited:

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Is it me or is there lack of information in The Lucas forums? :/
I'm hosting, and I agree. There isn't much''

EDIT so I dont double post, GG's, would play more but the Wi-Fi is pretty crippling. I assume the same for you. ^^

Last edited:

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
I'm hosting, and I agree. There isn't much''

EDIT so I dont double post, GG's, would play more but the Wi-Fi is pretty crippling. I assume the same for you. ^^
Yeah GGs, i was feeling the lag too, it was probably me :v
And Lol at our offstage games
Im gonna continue my Lucas kill Throw thread since there isnt much Lolz

Last edited:

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
Lucas is the new character I've been enjoying the most. Jumping on the hype train. I want to experiment with his offstage game and am impressed by his neutral, the things the other newcomers lack. Plus, Ness was a main of mine a great while ago and I liked him but found him a bit too linear for my taste. Perhaps Lucas could be the one.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Question, is Lucas alive in Mother 3, or is Smash Lucas a clone of the original? That ending confused the crap out if me.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Hey guys... we're really screwed in the Ike matchup... This is by far the WORST thing I've ever experienced, he just gets in and you cant do anything.

He can also easily spike you out of your recovery.

If we don't see any buffs we're gonna see some really bad matchups... :(

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Question, is Lucas alive in Mother 3, or is Smash Lucas a clone of the original? That ending confused the crap out if me.
Smash Bros is set in a universe where figurines come to life. So none of the characters are the real ones, even if they act like the real ones.

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
Hey guys... we're really screwed in the Ike matchup... This is by far the WORST thing I've ever experienced, he just gets in and you cant do anything.

He can also easily spike you out of your recovery.

If we don't see any buffs we're gonna see some really bad matchups... :(
Yeah, The matchup is really bad considering Ike got a huge buff (bigger Fair hitbox,Faster Dash Attack and lower lag on certain moves oh and also a strong combo throw which is Up Throw into Fair) and has disjointed hitboxes that auto cancel..
We can gimp him out of his side b with PKT1 at least..
We are just forced to pure zone :v

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
It's not like Ness can't get by the cape or the water himself anyway.

I don't think the Mario MU is going to be that bad just because he can edgeguard Lucas if he uses PK Thunder. Otherwise you might as well say Greninja invalidates him.

skeletonboxers

Smash Cadet
NNID
tabster123
3DS FC
4983-5230-3260
Just found out the Mario matchup is absolutely AWFUL

Really sad to see Lucas have horrible matchups... Was really expecting him to be better this time around. I hope another patch comes soon and fixes the problems Lucas has... Nothing to make him too broken I mean, I just want him to have an autocancel, less pkt1 lag, pkt2 priority, and I maybe a faster pivot grab?

I really hope most mario players won't figure this out.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
C'mon guys, dont be so negative already.. I mean i understand but...
Lmao, Greninja will just water blast us away too.

I understand water messing us up in the beginning, but it should NOT knock us away in terms of once we've completed it.

Sorry but without Zap Jumping and Magnet Pulling, we're screwed if we cant use our tether.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Having an exploitable recovery is nothing new. Ness has it even worse because he doesn't have a tether and he's doing just fine. So is Captain Falcon.

If you're fighting someone who can gimp you easily, don't waste your double jump and abuse the tether.

Also Ness also gets pushes away when PK Thunder II ends and I don't see them having much of an issue with it.

Seriously out of all flaws Lucas has, his recovery is probably the least of his problems if you just play smart.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Smash Bros is set in a universe where figurines come to life. So none of the characters are the real ones, even if they act like the real ones.
I don't think Smash 4 does the figurine thing this time(at least Ryu, the Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem characters don't, maybe even Wii Fit and Animal Crossing). Plus all those Smash trailers make it seem like they just fight or compete for no reason (except the Palutena, Ryu, Little Mac, Bowser Jr., and Robin/Lucina ones).

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
My problem with Lucas is That i use PK Fire too much and i wavebounce off Stage lmao
Also i throw out grabs for no reason :v
Also i Hope You guys know The reference of my Profile pic ;)

Last edited:

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Having an exploitable recovery is nothing new. Ness has it even worse because he doesn't have a tether and he's doing just fine. So is Captain Falcon.

If you're fighting someone who can gimp you easily, don't waste your double jump and abuse the tether.

Also Ness also gets pushes away when PK Thunder II ends and I don't see them having much of an issue with it.

Seriously out of all flaws Lucas has, his recovery is probably the least of his problems if you just play smart.
I would say the same, but as a Ness player too, I feel like you can get people away before you recover a LOT easier.

Last edited:

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Ike in general is a fine character this game in the mid regions, especially after the recent buff. The greatest I was ever slaughtered in Sm4sh was when I faced a German Ike. He opened our set with a 0-death (lol) and it didn't get much better after. That guy is great though, I have no regrets. Ike massively outranges Lucas which is a problem -- I have no idea how to get in and our rudimentary spacing tool Zair won't help when his moves massively outrange it. He can go remarkably deep while gimping so you'll have to go even deeper...

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I don't think Smash 4 does the figurine thing this time(at least Ryu, the Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem characters don't, maybe even Wii Fit and Animal Crossing). Plus all those Smash trailers make it seem like they just fight or compete for no reason (except the Palutena, Ryu, Little Mac, Bowser Jr., and Robin/Lucina ones).
What does your character turn into when you beat Classic? What do your opponents do when you beat them in All-Star?
What do the amiibos represent?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
What does your character turn into when you beat Classic? What do your opponents do when you beat them in All-Star?
What do the amiibos represent?
And yet Pit knows he's not a trophy. I'm not saying everyone's not a trophy, just those I mentioned. It's not like Ryu joined Smash just to get jumped by everyone, and turned into a trophy.

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
I always saw Lucas as his mid-game self. Still timid, still in existence lol. Same with Shulk. Marth can be post-game, and Roy is clearly from a couple years after his games take place. Smash is just a clusterf**k of canon, so to speak. It's best not to think about or try to rationalize it.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Don't know why my video is getting dislikes lmao, sorry guys but Ganondorf shouldnt be able to grab us out of PK Thunder. Thats just ridiculous

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Don't know why my video is getting dislikes lmao, sorry guys but Ganondorf shouldnt be able to grab us out of PK Thunder. Thats just ridiculous
Ganondorf players in general is just ridiculous.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Nope. It's still the case this year. The figures probably retain some things like memories.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
This is why tethering and mixing up your recovery timing with Magnet stalling is absolutely crucial. On paper it looks pretty negative, but I personally don't see his gimpable up B being a huge issue given Lucas's other means of getting back on the stage. At least we're not Pit, stuck with a largely telegraphed, hitboxless recovery. xP

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
Is it possible to wavebounce w/o Special C-stick? I need my c-stick aerials.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Is it possible to wavebounce w/o Special C-stick? I need my c-stick aerials.
Indeed! It may take some practice to get down consistently, but you can wavebounce back PK Fire by short hopping backwards, executing side B forward, then quickly flicking the control stick backwards again. It's a bit difficult to describe, but just tinker with it until you get the motion down. It's definitely something all Lucas players should learn and utilize.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Nope. It's still the case this year. The figures probably retain some things like memories.
Bet they paid Pit(with food) and Ryu to have figures then, but considering Kid Icarus:Uprising broke the 4th wall many times, Pit's figurine was probably made by Palutena(hers aswell), and they pretend they're really the trophy(tricking the others except Ryu and Dark Pit, not sure about Viridi). But I'm still not sure if Lucas survived the aftermatch of Mother 3.

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
Sour F-Tilt into Down Tilt Jab Lock feels so good to land
It works on 117% on Mario but is harder to land, The less percent The opponent has, but it becomes way easier when The percent goes higher like 125%

Last edited:

Arbok_

Smash Rookie
Does anyone else think it would be appropriate if this thread was named, "Club Titiboo?"

Top Bottom