• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pivot CG

fwb

Smash Cadet
I was at a tournament last weekend vs a Pit on battlefield, and somehow I ended up reversing the direction of a chain-grab (CG'ed him to the left, then to the right). After watching the replay and doing some searching here it looks like I did something like a "pivot grab"? I haven't seen any talk about pairing this with DDD's chaingrab, anyone else do this before?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
If this is true, than the CG could be done to infinity. Assuming that you are correct and the other player didn't just not try to get out of it.

PinkPwnageFrenzy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinkPwnageFrenzy
Any chance you could get the replay up on Youtube or somewhere like that? It sounds like a normal pivot grab, though.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
It was a pivot more than likely. Sometimes you can mindgame people into this. This is why trying to spotdodge out of DDD's cg is horrible, because it leaves you open to getting pivoted like this and getting ***** by DA.

Buuman

Smash Ace
This is not an infinite in any case at all. You CGed someone to the end of the stage ran past them and pivot grabbed to start the chain grab again. I like to do this when I think the opponent is gonna spot dodge or shield.

Tero.

Smash Champion
If this is true, than the CG could be done to infinity. Assuming that you are correct and the other player didn't just not try to get out of it.
It can't be done infinite, that would be ridiculous lol infinite on any character you can normally chaingrab.

Top Bottom