• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit's Recovery can be gimped!

DMStudios

Smash Journeyman
If your opponent somehow keeps you off the stage until your jumps run out, and you have to up-B back, don't let them hit you. If you get hit during up-B, you can't up-B again. Just to let you guys know.

hazard99

Smash Cadet
I'm not really surprised. Infact I'm pretty relieved it isn't the other way. It would be way too "Cheap" imo.

FilibusterRhymes

Smash Cadet
Guess we'll have just to rely on the five jumps and gliding. How will we ever get by?

That is good information, though. Thanks. Just wouldn't consider it crippling.

Shaolin-Ninja

Smash Apprentice
On most "fair" stages, Pit can just up-B himself to the other side of the level to sweetspot the ledge or just land. I guess flying in a bow around your opponent shouldn't be too difficult. And just like Marth in Melee, you should save your double jumps, remember: you can't do anything after a glide if you lack jumps. Anyway, though he's got the clearly best recovery ever, you need to plan, too.

I'd think you could recover in different ways, depending on how and how far you are hit out of the stage:

Almost straight up: just try and dair your opponent when he comes from below, then land on the stage. Your opponent should be stunned long enough for you to reach the ground.

Almost straight left or right: If only a few metres, double jump and hit your opponent. If far out, have fun gliding in (my personal favourite), then use the double jumps you have saved for the last few metres.

Almost straight down: Here, I think you're really in trouble. I'd try a doublejump to prevent falling to far down while pushing up-B, as seen in a couple of vids, then either go in a wide bow around your opponent, under the stage or, ideally, straight up to sweetspot the ledge.

Wiew, there, guidance from a mediocre player who've never played the game, just watched lots of vids. XD But it seems pretty nice to me right now, and I can't wait to test it... like, in the middle of the summer, or whenever Europe gets Brawl. :/

ledsmash

Smash Rookie
yea this just evens out pit with everyone else cuz he has double jump then 3 more wingflaps. half the time u dont even need his up b unless u want to go under stages

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
there doesnt really need to be a topic about this, im sure everyone that has played the game knows this and those that are yet to play it would've figured it out quite quickly.

HeroXL

Smash Journeyman
On most "fair" stages, Pit can just up-B himself to the other side of the level to sweetspot the ledge or just land. I guess flying in a bow around your opponent shouldn't be too difficult. And just like Marth in Melee, you should save your double jumps, remember: you can't do anything after a glide if you lack jumps. Anyway, though he's got the clearly best recovery ever, you need to plan, too.

I'd think you could recover in different ways, depending on how and how far you are hit out of the stage:

Almost straight up: just try and dair your opponent when he comes from below, then land on the stage. Your opponent should be stunned long enough for you to reach the ground.

Almost straight left or right: If only a few metres, double jump and hit your opponent. If far out, have fun gliding in (my personal favourite), then use the double jumps you have saved for the last few metres.

Almost straight down: Here, I think you're really in trouble. I'd try a doublejump to prevent falling to far down while pushing up-B, as seen in a couple of vids, then either go in a wide bow around your opponent, under the stage or, ideally, straight up to sweetspot the ledge.

Wiew, there, guidance from a mediocre player who've never played the game, just watched lots of vids. XD But it seems pretty nice to me right now, and I can't wait to test it... like, in the middle of the summer, or whenever Europe gets Brawl. :/
It's not as easy as it sounds dude...

Shaolin-Ninja

Smash Apprentice
I'm not saying it's easy, but for all I know it might be - I've never played Brawl. I was trying to give a general impression of what I think one should do when recovering. Nevertheless, people will always see a post in their own way.

If I write, say, son of a ***** to someone, I don't know if he/she will react with anger, or think I'm being sarcastic and just laugh.

On topic though, I'll just say save your up-B.

..."Save your up-B."

Raikage

Smash Apprentice
From all the videos I've seen Pit doesn't even need his up B to reach the edge. He seems to make it on his normal hops almost every time. This seems pretty fair to me, because he's got such an amazing recovery it gives other characters a chance to knock him down without having to K.O him entirely every single time.

iron blade

Smash Ace
Pit usually doesn't need his up B, his jumps almost always do the job. When that doesn't cut it you can glide or fly under the stage.

mista_mista

Smash Journeyman
Does your opponent have to hit you during the first few frames of the animation, or anytime during his upb?

Either way, shouldn't be too big of a problem with all his other jumps.

Socrata

Smash Rookie
I don't think it's an issue, but it's still good to see that his recovery isn't that broken. Thanks for the vid Sonic Wave.

Top Bottom