• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit's Long Lasting Arrows

Crystanium

Smash Hero
All right, so this may not be the most useful thing for those who main Pit. I don't main Pit, but he is an alternative. Anyway, as many of you already know, holding down neutral B with Pit will charge up his arrows. If you charge it up, it'll do 11% if it connects. Well, I did discover how to have Pit hold his arrow a bit longer than normal. Sadly, it won't give any additional damage. That is to say, it won't do more than 11%. However, you can trick your opponent.

Here is how it works. If you hold down neutral B and then tilt your analog stick left and right, you'll spin. If you do this a number of times, you'll notice that Pit holds his arrows much longer than normal while he is spinning left and right. This may be used for "mind games," since your opponent might think, "What on earth is he doing?" I've tried it several times in Wi-Fi battles and I thought I'd share it with all of you.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
I looked, and this isn't in the Pit compendium. We should add it there. That will hopefully keep these repeat threads down.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
arrow stalling but arrow dancing sounds cooler haha

but it can always be one of those things where it has two names like arrow blitz and arrow rain

kupo15

Smash Hero
Yea, I'm sure there was a thread about this a while back as well as the Glide shifting. But I like arrow dancing because Pit is dancing but you are actually stalling it so arrow stalling makes more sense.
How about DAR (delayed arrow release)
Probably not but just a thought :)

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Blitzing and Raining is where you shoot three arrows off the screen upwards, then shoot a fourth and bend it back to the ground. In doing so you cause the first three arrows to rain back down on the stage.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
:dizzy: Too many names to choose from. I like Arrow Dancing or Delayed Arrow Release (DAR). The latter sounds like a technical term. Hehe. Well, if this has been found out, I apologize for the extra thread. Maybe I'll find out something else. :p

kupo15

Smash Hero
I think the breakdown of DAR really fits the description but using it like "just do a DAR and it will throw off your opponent" sounds kinda weird. It could be like code when telling other Pit players to use it but idk.

Top Bottom