• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pits easiest matchups?

sagemoon

Smash Lord
Theres always so many threads on how to face the tough matchups, but why not share the easy matchups and why they are easy. I'm hoping this thread will eventually have plenty of characters and the strategies that are used to own them.

For me I'd say the easiest matchup is luigi. Luigi can do nothing against pit when pit is on the ledge. In a tournament I'll just sit on the ledge, ledge hop double arrows, and when he gets close I use a fair to knock him back. It just always seems to work and luigi cant outrange the fair. The closest i've seen a luigi to standing up to this strategy was he spammed fireballs, but i just switched up my timing to jump between the fireballs and shoot under them.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
i think ganondorf is a really easy match up hes so slow that you can spam arrows until he get close and then since lots of his aerials are slow too you can have your way with him in the air muhahaha

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
personally i think ike he is ok but if he doesnt hit u all his attacks take long to come out and have a lot of lag when they done i just spot dodge and punish i made a thread like rate my pit no flaming or something was the title go in there and watch the video i know its vs cpu but still.

kupo15

Smash Hero
For me, my easiest match ups are Marth and Ike.
I have played Ike enough to know his animations so I can dodge easily and punish.
Ii have played Marth enough to know what he will do most of the time. Marth is too predictable because his style hasn't changed much.

ChokE

Smash Apprentice
Kupo, I am glad "Math" is easy for you, right now I hate my math class. :) jk, I do agree Marth/Ike players do play pretty predictble, but far from my easiest matches. They usually have good spacings.

Edit: I think my easiest match is Yoshi. Most Yoshi player just want to throw eggs and arrows > eggs

kupo15

Smash Hero
grrr....Basically, any humanoid is relatively easy for me. I have trouble with the weird ones like Jiggs and the really floaty ones like TL

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Personally the easiest match up ive ever had was a captain falcon. I havent really played many but with the best ive seen they are fast but they were toned down because of sonic... i can beat them in the air and the falcon punch comes out to slow. and with pits shield most of his hits just push pit backwards

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
My chaingrab combo was seriously effective against a DK, and since he's big i can hit him easier. DK is one of my easiest targets, but i should say i dont know what else im good against, because the players I faced were not completely Pro material, usually spam something.

KratosAurion

Smash Rookie
R.O.B. for me. Though I've been told it should be that way.
Oh my, I've never heard a Pit saying that ROB is an easy matchup.

I find him to have an advantage against Pit. Maybe i'm not playing him right but so far he seems like one of the few characters that can shut down both his ground and aerial game. All his tilts are faster and have more range, and you can't even get near him or you get downsmashed. Not to mention his aerial game has more range overall and it's very hard to go through his f-air...

Anyway I kind of summed up some of my major problems with Rob. I admit that the ROB player i play frequently against excels at punishing some of my patterns, but most of these problems don't even have to do with it.

Anyway, any tips on this matchup? Sorry if this is the wrong thread.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Don't get hit by his aerials. Grab his top whenever you can for a Super WaveDash. He seems to enjoy getting pwned by the Up-Air. Don't leave yourself open with the WoI. Don't try to be creative while edgeguarding. Just nail him with arrows to rack up damage when he's off the edge unless he's running low on gas. He can't ban both Battlefield and Lylat Cruise. Both are bad for him, but Luigi's Mansion is even worse and can work to your advantage.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
For me I'd say the easiest matchup is luigi. Luigi can do nothing against pit when pit is on the ledge. In a tournament I'll just sit on the ledge, ledge hop double arrows, and when he gets close I use a fair to knock him back. It just always seems to work and luigi cant outrange the fair. The closest i've seen a luigi to standing up to this strategy was he spammed fireballs, but i just switched up my timing to jump between the fireballs and shoot under them.
You obviously weren't playing against a decent Luigi if he just tries to walk up and fair you. Even I can think of ways to get around your edge arrow spam.. (downB). Luigi's off-stage game can be just as good of not better then pit's, he may not have as many jumps or a glide but all his B moves (minus fireballs) help him recover and do damage on top of the regular jump he has. The problem with whoever you were against is that they were afraid to jump off the edge to attack you with bair or dair.

Anyway I'd have to agree with Admiral Bowser, DK is just a huge playtoy for Pit. DK is just too slow and his few quick attacks (bair comes to mind) lack range. Pit can pretty much run circles around him racking up damage until he's ready to die.

Pit also has 3 midair jumps, that means 3 good opportunities to footstool/headhop off DK, since DK really has no options once he's below the edge.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Yea, DK is so much fun to toy with. CG and a huge target and his recovery should be easy to gimp with the shield.. He is by far the easiest!

sagemoon

Smash Lord
You obviously weren't playing against a decent Luigi if he just tries to walk up and fair you. Even I can think of ways to get around your edge arrow spam.. (downB). Luigi's off-stage game can be just as good of not better then pit's, he may not have as many jumps or a glide but all his B moves (minus fireballs) help him recover and do damage on top of the regular jump he has. The problem with whoever you were against is that they were afraid to jump off the edge to attack you with bair or dair.
My bad, guess Ka-master is obviously a terrible luigi as well as LTK (kinda unknown but still good). And i'm saying pit just has to goto the ledge and just smartly use arrows and fairs depending on where your opponent is. I never said luigi "walks up and tries to fair me" Down b is cancelled by an arrow btw.

If, by chance, they were able to get off the edge past my fair (its harder than it sounds lol), I have a couple options, jump back and bair them. Up-b stall on the ledge (once only) to push them back a bit and edge hog effectively. it happens more often than not because of luigis gimpy up b, if they use the down b to raise, it has much lag time and sets up for a bair.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman

Anyway I'd have to agree with Admiral Bowser, DK is just a huge playtoy for Pit. DK is just too slow and his few quick attacks (bair comes to mind) lack range. Pit can pretty much run circles around him racking up damage until he's ready to die.

Pit also has 3 midair jumps, that means 3 good opportunities to footstool/headhop off DK, since DK really has no options once he's below the edge.
You honestly believe that luigi's off stage game is equal to or greater then pits? taking into account pit is one of the most aerial characters in the game i really really doubt it

Nodrak

Smash Ace
You honestly believe that luigi's off stage game is equal to or greater then pits? taking into account pit is one of the most aerial characters in the game i really really doubt it
Yeah I'm exaggerating a bit, but Luigi has a ton of options in the air, I based most of the better recovery on the fact that his downB can scale the entire screen and it does damage, as opposed to Pit's who can go higher then Luigi's downB but can't attack and has roughly equal range on aerial attacks.

sagemoon said:
]If, by chance, they were able to get off the edge past my fair (its harder than it sounds lol), I have a couple options, jump back and bair them. Up-b stall on the ledge (once only) to push them back a bit and edge hog effectively. it happens more often than not because of luigis gimpy up b, if they use the down b to raise, it has much lag time and sets up for a bair.
Airdodge past the fair, nair or bair afterwards depending on how far the airdodge went, or he can always charge a sideB, aim for the edge, if it misses, you get the edge, if it hits, downB to the stage and maybe get another hit in on Pit. The downB can travel very high, very fast. I don't know how fast pit can travel vertically but I have yet to get bair-ed out of an downB as Luigi.

Sorry I don't mean to start a fight or anything.. I just think there are plenty of easier opponents for Pit.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
pit will catch the ledge right after the fair. airdoge will just set luigi up in a position off the ledge. Mirror shield reflects side b, it doesn't really need to reflect it though, it acts as an aerial shield so luigi just hits it and falls making recovery hard. Pit can travel at a decent air speed. Again this is just from personal experience... But its not a matter of my opponents because i'm facing good ppl...

Tipzntrix

Smash Apprentice
I find that big, heavy characters with slow attacks are Pit's easiest matchups. This includes Ganondorf, Ike, DK, Bowser, and King Dedede. They can be beaten around and the multi-hits on your attacks will actually all hit, instead of only two or three of the hits hitting the target.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
@Nodrak: yea i agree there are easier characters then luigi, because personally his awkward floaty style usually throws me off, but as sagemoon said pit can reflect or cancel out many of luigi's recovery options

back on topic, yea pretty much all fat characters become pits playthings, best fatty killer though is jiggs :D its almost impossible to miss a rest and all her SH airs land

Top Bottom