• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit's Arrow Stalling

Orderr

Smash Rookie
Looked around but noticed it hadn't been touched on, neither on these boards or smash wiki.

Anyways, I noticed that when you're drawing back an Arrow, it normally auto-releases in about 1.5 - 2 seconds, and pretty much everyone knows that you can change directions while holding it.

However, if you change directions as quickly as possible, back, forth, back, forth, back etc, the delay to release his arrow will increase substantially, taking upwards of 4-5 seconds before release.

Haven't actually applied it in a fight yet, but I'd imagine that stalling the arrows could increase his ranged mind games.

Sorry if it's been posted, but like I said, i couldn't see anything on it.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
If that does work i pretty much see no use for it. lol why stall when u can just shoot 2? lol. Even if u could use it for mind games arrows cant do much to them if u mind game them into a hit. Unless they are really close but then again why would u do that. It could be used during recoveries, but why would u want to hold an arrow for 4-5 secs, u would be dead.

henrytran

Smash Apprentice
Good eye on the stalling, OP. I normally throw my aiming direction to throw off my opponents as a mindgame, but didn't realize you could hold the arrow longer that way. It's useful because opponents are often accustomed to timing their dodge to immediate arrows; when you make it unpredictable as to when it'll be released, you increase your chance of hitting him // throwing him off by just that much. It makes a small difference; not game winning, but useful without really any drawback.

Plus, the additional charge arrow does a tiny bit more damage.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I believe this was called Arrow Dancing in the past or something along those lines. Though I may be mistaken. I usually do it when I'm confused in hopes it will also confuse my opponent. lol

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
yea, some of us already knew about it, but thanks for reminding us.

lmnz

Smash Apprentice
yeah this has been posted a while ago =/. btw i think you can stall longer if you tap up since you don't have that extra movement.

Leggo

Smash Cadet
yeah i disocvered this long time ago, and if you keep tapping up you can time it perfect so it will never release... never really use it tho

Top Bottom