• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit Video Archive (Updated 3/12/2013) Added more Vids

BlinkIV

Avenger
I'll try and get some footage of singles today against Oracle/Sethlon/Disqo, etc. I do have some videos of many doubles matches, if you're interested in those as well.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Need to start a critique thread btw. I need some discussion about my matches and I'd like to discuss Peach/Marth vs Pit.

I added you btw.

BlinkIV

Avenger
Cool, you can just do the critique for videos here as well. It wouldn't hurt, lol.

I can help discuss Marth Vs Pit, since I've been playing Sethlon's Marth recently, and a few other Marth's here in TX, however Peach. I'm not too familiar with that, I did post on the MU thread with my starting thoughts against her, as it was my first time playing against Peach in tournament (Vs Infinity)

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Cool, you can just do the critique for videos here as well. It wouldn't hurt, lol.

I can help discuss Marth Vs Pit, since I've been playing Sethlon's Marth recently, and a few other Marth's here in TX, however Peach. I'm not too familiar with that, I did post on the MU thread with my starting thoughts against her, as it was my first time playing against Peach in tournament (Vs Infinity)
got you. I know a good deal about Marth's weaknesses from playing him for a few years now in melee. I don't get a chance to play alot of peach anymore but I played it alot in 2.1

I got like hours of stream footage. I'm not sure how to rip from the stream yet though...lol. Anyone know how?

otherwise I'll post like hours of Pit vs ___ footage.

BlinkIV

Avenger
Uh, I'm not sure, I don't have much experience with twitch, or ripping videos from archives. But, since I've recently returned from HOBO 39, I've got a few videos to add to this, in which they were all good sets, imo.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Uh, I'm not sure, I don't have much experience with twitch, or ripping videos from archives. But, since I've recently returned from HOBO 39, I've got a few videos to add to this, in which they were all good sets, imo.
good stuff. How did you do? also look forward to seeing the vids.

BlinkIV

Avenger
4th in singles, losing to NkGuy (I choked the set and lost a 3 stock), then lost to Dakpo's G&W, and he got a gimp on me. 2nd in doubles with Dakpo, losing to Sethlon and Disqo.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
4th in singles, losing to NkGuy (I choked the set and lost a 3 stock), then lost to Dakpo's G&W, and he got a gimp on me. 2nd in doubles with Dakpo, losing to Sethlon and Disqo.
G&W is a tricky one because....he seems to outrange pit at times and then other times he doesn't....idk he's super confusing to me. Good games though. I look forward to seeing the videos. You are slowly creeping to the top spot dude. I will see 1st place soon.

BlinkIV

Avenger
You'll see man, I wouldn't say he's entirely tricky for me, since I play Oracle's G&W constantly, and I also play against Dakpo too, but the thing is, game 1 on FD. I had a commanding lead, and he combo'd a #2 to a #9 which killed me at like 44%? That was with good DI as well, but game 3 he took me to WarioWare, and we literally 0 to death'd each other, but then later in the game, he landed a gimp on me, and took the lead from there.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
You'll see man, I wouldn't say he's entirely tricky for me, since I play Oracle's G&W constantly, and I also play against Dakpo too, but the thing is, game 1 on FD. I had a commanding lead, and he combo'd a #2 to a #9 which killed me at like 44%? That was with good DI as well, but game 3 he took me to WarioWare, and we literally 0 to death'd each other, but then later in the game, he landed a gimp on me, and took the lead from there.
oh yeah dude. I was jamming with Oracle's GnW in wifi(for true pros) Those games were so fun. He's a crafty GnW player so you should get some good practic in vs him.

What's funny about pit vs other light characters is...on small stages it can usually go either way but it rarely turns out that way I notice. either Pit ***** or gets ***** lol.

BlinkIV

Avenger
Yeah, that's exactly what happened in game 3 against Dakpo, we literally made combo videos out of each other that game, lol. Yeah man, Oracle's a great player in general, it's always fun playing him offline, and that goes for everyone else in the DFW scene.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Yeah, that's exactly what happened in game 3 against Dakpo, we literally made combo videos out of each other that game, lol. Yeah man, Oracle's a great player in general, it's always fun playing him offline, and that goes for everyone else in the DFW scene.
you guys should come to an EC tournament sometime. If there is every a major PM tournament here. I partly think melee is still too big in some regions to allow for PM growth. Midwest seemed to be lacking comparatively and the PM scene there just exploded when PM hit. Idk...could be a coincidence though.

BlinkIV

Avenger
Yeah, we normally try to plan to go to other regions for tournaments, it just depends whenever the next P:M regional would be, I'd imagine it'd be Oracle, Sethlon and myself, maybe Disqo.

Hashtag

Smash Apprentice
In the next couple of days there should be videos of my pit up from the Alabama tourney. Got 7th, pretty big local and i barely lost to K.O. kimgpen (D3 and Ganon) and Mr. Pickle (Wario).

Ive had less than a month of truly active pit playing under my belt and was one match from being in top 5 for my first tourney going mostly (except one set) pit.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
In the next couple of days there should be videos of my pit up from the Alabama tourney. Got 7th, pretty big local and i barely lost to K.O. kimgpen (D3 and Ganon) and Mr. Pickle (Wario).

Ive had less than a month of truly active pit playing under my belt and was one match from being in top 5 for my first tourney going mostly (except one set) pit.
alright. I know those 2 players and they are pretty gud. I look forward to seeing your sets. I learn something in every video I've found so far so this has been a great experience for me just...posting videos lol.

Hashtag

Smash Apprentice
Yea, salty i lost but a bit more pit experience and ill be placing higher. I feel as though i have to work on my edgeguardimg with pit. Since i played falco for so long in melee k find myself defaulting to not chasing my opponent offstage. Have to remember that i can with pit.

Edit: here is a set of my pit. First match is sheik (i have issues with this match up) and the second is ike (i squandered that match a lot if u listen to the audio.)
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8oz_1lgzxUs

There is the tourney set and maybe two more that aren't up yet.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386

BlinkIV

Avenger
Alright, I feel as if this is the time where we need to all start critiq-ing each other's gameplay. We as a Pit community can't move on and advance the Pit meta, if we're not helping each other. I'm hoping you guys agree with me as well, as this would be a great way to find out what Pit can do as a group.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Alright, I feel as if this is the time where we need to all start critiq-ing each other's gameplay. We as a Pit community can't move on and advance the Pit meta, if we're not helping each other. I'm hoping you guys agree with me as well, as this would be a great way to find out what Pit can do as a group.
couldn't have said it better myself. Where to start is my question?

Hashtag

Smash Apprentice
I should start by using a more non commonly used pit skin. Think im gonna go with green, to many people use black pit.

On a serious note though, we should start with the matches pit players lost first. For those that want to be critiqued anyway, then move to the matches pit players won. As to where we specifically start, k am not sure. How about the players that are pit maims first?

BlinkIV

Avenger
That's definitely a good idea to start with. We could just search YT of our own videos, and then make a post here with the videos wanting to be critiqued, then a discussion would start, and then we'd move to the next persons videos. That work?

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
That's definitely a good idea to start with. We could just search YT of our own videos, and then make a post here with the videos wanting to be critiqued, then a discussion would start, and then we'd move to the next persons videos. That work?
I like it. I don't want to be critiqued first thought....because...idk. I feel like I'm obnoxious in this pit section already lol.

Top Bottom