• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit users are going to hate us!

FuLLBLeeD

Smash Journeyman
Not only can you interrupt his up B with a missile or charge shot, sending him to helplessly plummet to his death, check this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-512ae4s1E&feature=related

Look at about 57 secs and also 1:04. Samus's chargeshot goes straight throw Pit's Arrows! If you shoot a missile at the arrows, like at the beginning of the match, they cancel, but it looks as if charge shots go straight through and kill Pit at lower percentages.

Discuss!

Pi

Smash Hero
Helpful, but we still have other things to worry about. IIRC some of pits key moves still have priority over ours, hm?

But I guess if you find yourself in a position with an arrow spamming pit, we now know how to punish him >=)

Not to mention that it seems even an uncharged shot will cancel his arrows, and Samus' uncharged shots seem to come out pretty rapidly now too :o

Jasona

Smash Ace
pit can spam arrows faster than samus can spam anything, so trying to cancel his barrage with yours doesn't work. pit can quickly fire an arrow and go into his reflective sheild, so charge shots over or through his arrows rarely works. gimping his recovery is hard because he can stay far away, glide back and glide cancel to whatever to avoid samus. pit is hard

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
realistically, Pit isn't a problem for Samus.
Are you kidding me? How?

This situation has happened to me before, and it actually works AGAINST Samus. If you notice, Pit's arrows draw faster then Samus can unload supers and it forces her to go in for Melee, otherwize Pit's going to eventually get her.

Yeah the charge shot goes through the arrows, but it also goes through everything else... I don't see this being overly effective in the long run.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
I think that Pit might be one of the hardest matchups for Samus, since he´s got TWO reflectors (and can also approach with other of them if needed) and and the fact that Samus can shoot through his arrows doesn´t help much, if her shot gets reflected or if you can´t charge it up (what might prove difficult due Pit´s fast arrows).

Pi

Smash Hero
Samus can shoot uncharged shots as fast as pit can shoot arrows. And they cancel each other out. Just an FYI.

Seraphi-Kid

Smash Rookie
You've got to be kidding me.

Pit has TWO reflecting abilities which both come out quicker than any of Samus's projectiles can travel from a moderate distance...one of which allows for forward momentum (Angel Ring) which means we can approach Samus while she attempts to pressure us with wimpy 2% uncharged shots. Samus probably wont have much of a chance to pull off a full charge, either, since Pit can just pressure her with arrows.

Honestly, I don't see Samus being much of an issue.

squarez

Smash Apprentice
Shorthopped zairs jump over the arrows and pop them in the face with a Z.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Zair goes through arrows quite easily. I do think samus will give pit problems in the long run.
Gah Hugs beat me to it. I came in this topic just to say that. Zair destroys pits arrows and will still hit pit.

Top Bottom