• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit: THE most annoying character?

Kirby Redux

Smash Journeyman
Ok, now there has been a lot of discussion on which character is the most annoying. So i wanted to go to the source of all Pit players. The pit boards. I want to ask you all, is Pit the most annoying character? I think he is, but i want to know what you think.

DarkThundah

Smash Apprentice
yea he is, case in point:

froward b: "hi ye yieyieyieyieyie!"
"nice try"
"your not ready yet"
a final smash that requires no skill
arrow spam
you think hes dead but he just keeps coming back

but even so, i really dont hate him that much

kown

Smash Lord
yea pits easily the easiest character to play therefore making him the most annoying. lol if you lose to a spammy pit its thier fault for spamming. I mean they need to learn how to play the game and its not about spamming. all thats required is arrow spam. lmao it works against everybody and fsmash for the win.

KingK

Smash Apprentice
Depends what you mean by annoying.

His taunts are kind of annoying and arrow spam / over b is a little irritating.

But in terms of actual gameplay? I really don't think he's the most annoying.

I'd say any of the chain grabbing characters (IC, DeDeDe, Falco) are easily more annoying. I also have a particular dislike for Ike, just overall as a character.

Pikachu can also be very obnoxious.

Really, there are a lot of characters with annoying aspects.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I want Japanese Pit also. He may be annoying but to play him well at the tournament level takes a lot of skill. I sometimes feel that he is Melee Link all over again.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Only noobish spamming Pits give Pit a bad reputation. I aint one of them
Now Toon link and Wolf are much more annoying with their spams.
Now that I lost to Regular Link due to Bomb spams, he's more annoying than any Pit i faced.
Pit only is annoying if the typical spammer is a type of player u face, and that is where Side-b and Arrows are being used often.
His voice does not concern me, because I still like Pit. That's how large of a Bond I have with him.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
doesnt annoy me much because.... hes a gangsta haha.... yea sure side b can get annoying if its spammed, but a good pit wont spam, and lots of characters have potentially annoying spammable moves, pikachu, falco, IC, wolf, TL, the list goes on.... i think the thing that really bothers people is being beat by a kid who's voice sounds like that haha, which is one of the reasons i second jiggs, i mean honestly how embarassing is it to absolutely get pwned by a little pink ball haha

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Pit is annoying for the following reasons:

Arrow spamming - no explanation needed.

Recovery - I feel like tearing my hair out in frustration when I try to attack a recovering Pit and he flies just out of my reach.

Attacks in general: - Most of Pit's attacks are fast, multi-hitting sword attacks. The Japanese have a term to describe the annoyingness of being repeatedly pelted by weak hits. "ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORAAAA!!!" Except Pit's attacks make a weird wimpy swishy cutty sound that seems like the sort of noise you'd make while playing make-believe Ninja with a spatula while nobody's looking.

Victory poses: 4kids voice acting...Talk about adding insult to injury...

Fujiwara

Smash Apprentice
Attacks in general: - Most of Pit's attacks are fast, multi-hitting sword attacks. The Japanese have a term to describe the annoyingness of being repeatedly pelted by weak hits. "ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORAAAA!!!" Except Pit's attacks make a weird wimpy swishy cutty sound that seems like the sort of noise you'd make while playing make-believe Ninja with a spatula while nobody's looking.
He doesn't say Ora, what you mean, is his up-smash cry in the japanese version.. :)

lmnz

Smash Apprentice
i actually enjoy playing vs pits. they're not as hard as you think lol. i mean play against him with a character other than pit.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Pit is a pest. But he's a competitive pest. Meaning you just can't keep him down. A good Pit will always be attacking and putting pressure on his opponents. And a decent Pit won't die easily. In the end this is probably a testament to his willpower, which is a heavy attribute to Holy-ish characters in videogames.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
man now i really want them to make another pit game... ugh

ill admit i didnt know about him before brawl at all, but hes just such a bamf, with a little work i think nintendo could make him into a franchise player like link

kupo15

Smash Hero
Pit vs Pit is very fun. I had no idea until I played against a good Pit. If you are a good player, than you won't give Pit a chance to spam their arrows. If you are in there face, you can make them think twice about using it.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I faced some Pits before that were pretty good. They dont spam arrows and they wouldnt even let you spam arrows. They really match me in 1v1s where id get down to 1 stock, and not many Pits have been able to do that to me. It was enjoyable and competitive.
Of course, they cant keep me from doing my arrow looping, which is one of my trademarks in battle.

Fujiwara

Smash Apprentice
I faced some Pits before that were pretty good. They dont spam arrows and they wouldnt even let you spam arrows. They really match me in 1v1s where id get down to 1 stock, and not many Pits have been able to do that to me. It was enjoyable and competitive.
Of course, they cant keep me from doing my arrow looping, which is one of my trademarks in battle.
For sure they will spam arrows when you let your guard down. I prefer to spam in such situations because it's fun to watch how the other pit player is struggling for 2-3 hits because he did not excepted an attack-canceler :D

One more interesting point: Shot some arrows and fake them, always fun to watch people what they gonna do next.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Arrow looping catches them offguard as well. I might even hit them with looping. It makes me laugh sometimes.

Sometimes I Fake an arrow loop and when they are offguard i move in to attack. Great mindgames with these arrows as well as curving them is the big reason why Pit's arrows are better than Link's.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Arrow looping is good but because it takes a while, I was afraid to use it in my tourney yesterday because I tried a couple times and got punished for it. I may have used it at the wrong time though.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Some of my replays show when I use arrow looping. As I had more battles, I gotten better with my accuracy, but still, Arrow looping and Mindgames keep the enemy guessing.

Blue_Pit

Smash Cadet
Pit is annoying because of his Wings of Icarus that is a great recovery move and he could glide very annoying to most brawlers

Khaos Blackdragon

Smash Cadet
I have to agree that he is one of (not exactly the most) annoying characters in Brawl. I have done a lot of Pit dittos and I must say being hit by arrows is not fun.... My brother hates me for playing Pit because I always arrow loop while playing him, and he barely ever beats me. :laugh:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
He may be annoying to many, but his arrow looping makes him tricky too. Reflecting projectiles from spammers make him more annoying, but it would serves them right for doing that to Pit, especially a good Pit, like me.
It was a rare occasion where my Arrow Loop KOed a player once, just when u least expected. I guess Pit is pretty annoying, but he is cool to me.

Top Bottom