• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit suxx online?!

Ryu-u

Smash Cadet
Yeah, everyone knows that you have a little @ the online mode. I tried real hard but I cant play online very well. And its really annoying.
So in this Forum are many good Pit players (Kupo, Undrdog,..). My question is: Can you play Pit online as if offline? I dont know how it is in America but in Europe do you have a annoying delay. My Pit definitely sucks online -.-

-GourrY-

Smash Rookie
Ness and Lucas are also very hard depending on the lag...
Pit is not THAT hard, but you can't use his AT's at all.

kupo15

Smash Hero
They are naturally the worst online. Gimping other pits is also very tricky and dangerous. I am normally good at this but online I am not. It is not worth playing Pit online with horrible lag imo. It messes up your offline pit too much

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
And arrows can be a pain, + you glide by acident some times because of the lag. I don't play on line so I wouldn't know who is the hardest I was just going off of what i've heard.

kupo15

Smash Hero
i have glided to my death before without knowing it lol. Pit doesn't really have annything that you can use without thinking like snake dashing. every thing pit does is precise so its really hard to do online.

Villains

Smash Cadet
Its not that hard i think? U only can't do some tacs of Pit like Wing-shoving and that kind of things, because its more spamming online, then usefull tacs for long-based battles. I always use pit online, and mostly i got the most damage done than the others :).

Lagging all depends on your own connection. 9/10 i don't got any lag, but when i got it, it just totally disconnects.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Ya I heard the wifi over there isn't nearly as bad as it is over here. I get 4 sec button delay so the screen looks normal but the buttons go in about 4 seconds late it makes me look like such a noob.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Well i only play online. But i find pit isnt that bad online. Only thing i ever have problems timing is well super low aerials. Sometimes missing a bair and just leaving me open with ending/landing lag. I use to have problems with gliding suicides but ive gotten past that.

Worst character for online has to be shiek. Weak killing moves, best way to kill is offstage gimping, which isnt that easy online.

Villains

Smash Cadet
Ya I heard the wifi over there isn't nearly as bad as it is over here. I get 4 sec button delay so the screen looks normal but the buttons go in about 4 seconds late it makes me look like such a noob.
Hope there was coming one day a patch what would give extra features and that it would also be a bit faster. But the hope is getting away :(..

kown

Smash Lord
ok so heres how online works for me. I used to only play online but than i started going to smashfeest and realized how much i sucked. I mean i had the right idea and it didnt take long for me to take my oonline skills to offline. there is a difference because your next to your opponent and your opponent can react just as fast as you. Than yesterday i was playing pit online for some friendlies which i hardly do anymore. i realized that I was better online than i was before. This is probably cuz the mindgames that i learned offline were still working for me.

One last things about offline: It really doesnt suck. It actually helped me when i really think about it and i wouldnt be where I am if wifi wasnt there.

lil cj

Smash Lord
Yeah Pit is kinda bad online(but he is still great)
Mostly fast characters like him are affected by the lag(except Metaknight for some reason??)
He shines much better offline hands down.
Glide attacking is hard to do as well, and if the lag is really bad its even hard to aim with the arrows.

chucklesXcore

Smash Apprentice
I've never really had any problems doing stuff online, even some advanced stuff...I've been able to do it. I haven't tried anything like wing dashing, but if you have a good connection you can still arrow loop/glide. It is a little annoying though because DI changes drastically online.

Fujiwara

Smash Apprentice
I've never really had any problems doing stuff online, even some advanced stuff...I've been able to do it. I haven't tried anything like wing dashing, but if you have a good connection you can still arrow loop/glide. It is a little annoying though because DI changes drastically online.

Let's guess, your online provider has fastpath unlocked for you?

Top Bottom