• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pit question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mallycoop123

Smash Rookie
ok i know that pit has only a few atttack moves so every time i play my friend i own him and then he says im cheating because i only shooot arrows is it a cheat ? and now he says that he can fly and he is cheap is he a sore loser or what ? and he is looking over my shoulder while i type this give him what u guys really think and admins im sorry for putting this in pit and not q's and a's but i wanted to hear what other pits think

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well technically I face ppl that act like your friend, who think Pit is "cheap" and all. And Pit isnt the only one that can fly either, but Pit does fly the best :)
I would consider him another Stereotypical Pit-hating noob (and a sore loser) just because he cant beat him.
That makes me curious... what character was he using? If he's using Snake or Metaknight, then he should be the one winning with actual broken chars. One has rights to complain about those 2 however, mainly Metaknight.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Pit is middle tier. If there was a low tier tournament (a tournament where only the crappy characters may enter) Pit would be allowed in.

Pit is in no way "cheap". Tell him to visit these boards to see how professional gamers play games. ^_^

EDIT: Can anyone else see my Sig? It stopped showing up for some reason.

Riku00

Smash Ace
Well technically I face ppl that act like your friend, who think Pit is "cheap" and all. And Pit isnt the only one that can fly either, but Pit does fly the best :)
I would consider him another Stereotypical Pit-hating noob (and a sore loser) just because he cant beat him.
That makes me curious... what character was he using? If he's using Snake or Metaknight, then he should be the one winning with actual broken chars. One has rights to complain about those 2 however, mainly Metaknight.
Pit is middle tier. If there was a low tier tournament (a tournament where only the crappy characters may enter) Pit would be allowed in.

Pit is in no way "cheap". Tell him to visit these boards to see how professional gamers play games. ^_^

Hey even if you spam arrows you still win.lol
if your friend was good at the game then he wouldn't complain becuz arrow spamming wouldn't effect him.
he's just another complaining n00b.

Recoil

Smash Journeyman
I saw a post by a mod saying that they were tired of people typing one line sentances with a huge sig taking up most of the screen so they scraped the sigs >.>

EDIT: thats weird my sig shows up but yours doesn't >_>

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
I saw a post by a mod saying that they were tired of people typing one line sentances with a huge sig taking up most of the screen so they scraped the sigs >.>

EDIT: thats weird my sig shows up but yours doesn't >_>
Not quite what this thread was for...not even sure if I should leave this thread open (we'll see) but this will help you your sig question as it has been a discusion in the staff room.

I think I cleared things up. If you click "quick reply" in someone's post (rather than just scrolling down to quick reply) it re-checks "show your signature". Annoying and I don't think I have a way of fixing it myself.

That said I'm going to try to make the auto-sig-disabler more strict or something, so go ahead and enforce again.

EDIT: Trying this: it'll do a basic length check to see if the sig is longer ("longer" = more characters, so not necessarily larger in your browser window) than the post, and if it is, it disables the sig.
So as you can see the rule that wasn't enforced is now going to be enforce. Just so you all know, but im sure mods will only be giving out warnings for this for the first little bit (if it even needs it with the new system).

Son1x-

Smash Apprentice
I always laugh when people say Pit is imbalanced and too cheap/strong/etc.
"He can fly, has arrows...and ... and... blabla" kind of stuff
Ah... all my friends used to think hes one of the best characters.

Even funnier story; We (yes me as well) also though MK is nothing special, since none of us (4 of us that used to melee and now brawl together) knew how to play him good.

mallycoop123

Smash Rookie
ummm he uses toon link some time pokemon trainer but any way wanna brawl me some time ?

mallycoop123

Smash Rookie
ummm he uses toon link some time pokemon trainer but any way wanna brawl me some time ?

Riku00

Smash Ace
Wow! You posted the same thing twice. Pit is a character that should only be played if you are willing to master him, not to just run around and spam arrows. In competitive play that is.

mallycoop123

Smash Rookie
Wow! You posted the same thing twice. Pit is a character that should only be played if you are willing to master him, not to just run around and spam arrows. In competitive play that is.
lmao i dont only spam arrow's is u want play me now and i can show u how i use him

madival

Smash Cadet
haha agreed

i got over the chain grab stuff though nothings really cheap for me but overly defensive opponents are annoying to me (as in airdodging and such alot)
It seems that alot of pit players all start defensive. Alot of people who play pit still play defensive even after they get a few AT's . When i first started with pit, I would let arrows fly everywhere. It was an annoying thing to do on my part, but dont let the talk of cheap discourage you. Everyone will complain of it. Take what your doing, refine it, and enjoy it and all the fun that you can have maining pit. (which is alot I might add)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom