• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit Matchup Tid Bits

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
Sonic is the only character I have significant experience with (roommate plays him), so here's a few things that haven't been said.

If Sonic starts spindash on a 45º angle (say, either end of YI), he gains the wierdest priority, and will likely cut through your jabs, or anything else you do. Avoid, wait for the jump/spinshot, and punish.

UAir and UTilt eat his DAir for breakfast. USmash might not. Use one of these to punish, don't wait for him to land. If he's doin' it right, it's lagless.

Uffe

Smash Hero
You guys fail.

Lucas/Ness (both)

1) Fair can cancel out their PKT
2) Arrows can (easily) cancel out their PKT
3) WoI can REALLY easily cancel out their PKT
4) WoI can shorten Ness's PKT2 by a pretty decent amount. You just risk getting hit if improperly spaced
5) WoI can really mess with Ness/Lucas if you push them rather then their PKT (messes up their angle)
6) I think WoI makes Ness's Pk Fire 'burst' and it won't hit you. Need to go retest this.
You can't really do any of this to Lucas if he Zap Jumps. And a lot of what you wrote is pretty situational. You're better off just fairing them. And Pit's Arrows don't easily cancel PKT. It can, if it hits, but it's not very likely. You're better off shooting the player at a distance which could work just as effectively as Pit's fair. Sure, it's timing, but it's better to use safer options than risking yourself.

Coffee™

I need it....
Pit has a walking cg on Ness and Fsmashes him out of it. Fun stuff that grab release.

Top Bottom