• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit Matchup Export

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
if the arrow hit's lucas when he is getting close it will true combo into dash attack. also everyone says ps-ing arrows is easy but it's not, even the pros i play here in houston fall for arrow charging time switch ups at all spacings. plus the longer we charge it the more stun it has allow for more true combo moves but it's unlikely that we will be charing an arrow at the distance it woud require you to be in to combo you with those moves but the timing change and dash attack are what's important.

FightAdamantEevee

Smash Lord
Also I haven't really been reading this thread so I'm not sure about what's been said before like today. But here are some things about both character's specials.

Lucas PK Freeze - Pit can mirror shield it if it hits the shield. If it hits Pit then it'll freeze him.
Lucas PK Fire - Generally safe implying it's just being used only for attacking purposes. Can also hit Pit out of WoI.
Lucas PK Thunder - Can be reflected by Angel Ring and Mirror Shield. The head gets cancelled out by WoI, but it can hit Pit out of WoI after the starting push. Hits Pit out of glide, the head can be cancelled out by glide attack.
Lucas PSI Magnet - Magnet Cancelling arrows, other technical stuff that nobody ever does.
Lucas PK Thunder 2 - Can be reflected by Pit's Mirror Shield. Generally not a safe recovery option.

Pit arrows - Can be used to gimp Lucas. (Hit Lucas or hit his PKT to cancel it). Can also be used effectively if not mindlessly spammed or telegraphed.
Pit Angel Ring - Reflects Lucas's projectiles. Lucas can hit Pit out of it with Fsmash if Pit doesn't end it in time.
Pit Mirror Shield - Can be used to reflect projectiles and Lucas's PK Thunder 2 recovery.
Pit WoI - Cancels out the head of Lucas's PK Thunder. Lucas can hit Pit out of it with Bair, PK Fire, or PK Thunder if Pit rides up alongside the stage to make it to the ledge, or just about anything if Pit recovers outwards. If Pit recovers high, he can be hit out of WoI with Zap Jump, or use PK Thunder and punish the airdodge.

Pit gimping Lucas:
-WoI pushes Lucas away from his PK Thunder.
-WoI cancels out Lucas's PK Thunder.
-Mirror shield reflects Lucas's PK Thunder 2.
-Arrows cancel out PK Thunder.
-Arrows hit Lucas out of his double jump and he's forced to recover with PK Thunder, leading into a Mirror Shield gimp.
-Fair/Bair.

Lucas's Recovery Options:
-Double Jump.
-Airdodge.
-Zap Jump --> Magnet Pull.
-Zap Jump.
-Zair (mixing up the timings).
-Magnet Pull.
-Falling down low and wait for invincibility frames on the ledge to run out, then rising Nair.

Btw Lucas can't really do anything to Pits planking, and Pit can't really do anything to Lucas if Lucas just waits it out, so that's nothing to worry about. Just don't try to PK Thunder or Dsmash him if he's planking because it won't work and Pit will punish.

D

Deleted member

Nice post FAE. :bee:

I'm thinking about wrapping this up soon and moving on to the next export, so get in the rest of your thoughts within the next few days, as well as deciding on a MU number.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
+2 for pit. i'll settle for +1 due to me personally not caring how much of an advantage is listed as long as you acknowledge the advantage, but personally i feel it to be a +2.

D

Deleted member

M vote is for -1 Lucas. Pit has the advantage, but I don't see where this matchup is difficult to the level of -2.

Any more votes?

D

Deleted member

Well dang...if you have that much trouble with the matchup, then maybe I should reconsider.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I think it is between +1 and +2. Honestly, I feel more inclined to +2 for Pit. I would like to say though, FAE's Lucas caught me off guard. Maybe I should play more basic like Admiral does...

(Ugh, shut up Krys, just keep practicing your arrow loops and taking your wifi losses with a grain of salt... You'll show them in tournament.. You'll show them!!!)

Uh.. Um.. was that out loud? ^^;

Chuee

Smash Hero
Your post calling out my post wasn't necessary either. Isn't it funny how this works?
You aren't necessary.

I think it is between +1 and +2. Honestly, I feel more inclined to +2 for Pit. I would like to say though, FAE's Lucas caught me off guard. Maybe I should play more basic like Admiral does...

(Ugh, shut up Krys, just keep practicing your arrow loops and taking your wifi losses with a grain of salt... You'll show them in tournament.. You'll show them!!!)

Uh.. Um.. was that out loud? ^^;
Admiral sucks tho.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I leave for one day and you two get into a....*sigh*

Listen to Mic and drop it. Anymore unecessary comments will be dealt with.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Yo Esca, stop.
What you're doing is considered trolling. You're making posts that are intentionally trying to make the Lucas mains mad. I'm sorry, but could you please be constructive at least?

KoozyK

Smash Ace
I leave for one day and you two get into a....*sigh*

word for word what i was thinking. i swore i checked the boards before this happened

Yo Esca, stop.
What you're doing is considered trolling. You're making posts that are intentionally trying to make the Lucas mains mad. I'm sorry, but could you please be constructive at least?
this is the psi i missed.

FAE you had trouble with this mu?

Esca

Smash Champion
I tried sharing my knowledge. I'm obviously the most experienced Pit when it comes to MU knowledge based solely off experience and gameplay, not theorycrafting. I tried to share my knowledge a few pages back.

-2 Lucas.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I tried sharing my knowledge. I'm obviously the most experienced Pit when it comes to MU knowledge based solely off experience and gameplay, not theorycrafting. I tried to share my knowledge a few pages back.

-2 Lucas.
You did but people disagreed.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
No, it's because you don't substantiate your claims with valid support besides your word.

However this discussion is over, you've said your piece and so have others. Auspher will determine what the overall number will be.

D

Deleted member

Yes, please. We don't want more trouble in here.

I'm going into work, but tonight I will edit the OP and this export will be finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom