• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit Matchup Export

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Character: Pit
Current BBR MU Rating: -2
What to watch out for: Pit can reflect PKT2 with his mirror shield, which can be a major hazard to our recovery.
Stages
-Strike: Lylat Cruise, Yoshi's Island
-Ban: Rainbow Cruise, Frigate, Brinstar(debatable)
-Counterpicks: PS1, Brinstar(debatable)
Lucas Boards Matchup Rating: -2

[collapse=Matchup Summaries:]

Neither of us are going to be camping this game, due to magnet and reflectors, obviously. Even offstage, you guys can magnet our arrows, without too much trouble and our WoI(up-b) cancels out your side b and PKT1. You can threaten us off stage pretty badly with your meteor smashes, but on most stages we'll just go under so it isnt a problem. You have to be scared ot us offstage though, because we can reflect your PKT2 with our mirror shield similarly to mario's cape. I know you guys have the zap jump and magnet pull+your tether, but if you get caught offstage with no DJ you're in trouble.

IIRC your moves have a variety of range, but most are about mid and close to ours. This means both sides have to(as usual) be concerned about spacing. DAT F-TILT! If we screw up with angel ring(side b) and you end up behind us, you probably have enough time to punish with that insane u-smash of yours, but that's the only move that will have enough lag to provide you with such a punish to my knowledge.

I'm a bit sleepy and i'll come back tommorow.
ummmm..... what? xcallion you be crazy.

maganet or not pit will be camping you because lets face it, he out ranges you and doesn't have to hit your magnet with his arrow, when i play lucas i just charge the arrow and if you use magnet i shoot it up and bring it around to hit you in the back just to prove that if i have to i will keep doing that until the lucas approaches (of course im the pit known for arrow control so that could just be me you have to worry about). you guys have a lot of decent up close options on us though. your grab range and sh aerials are what you be relying on the entire match to damage us though because pit's attacks are very high priority and his tilt and jab range aren't bad by any means. he can effectively dtilt and jab only against you on the ground if you try to use any thing besides your grab (except your fsmash but both moves are faster and can clank it based on spacing).

in the air you want to be in the aggressor's position because our uair when space right or left of you wins always whereas your dair will beat the center. a good lucas can overwhelm pit with a sh aerial assult because our nair doesn't have the range to beat out your fair (i think im not to sure here) and your crazy aerial strings are fast and do good damage.

this is another one of your guys don't get grabbed MUs. we can regrab, fsmash, dsmash, dtilt, jab, AR, and dash attack you out of grab release. don't get in a position where you need to recover because if you do will either reflect you, WOI push you and mess up how you would hit yourself with pk thunder, or shoot pkt with arrows and try to cancell it.

random notes, you guys can keep us guessing with your aerials, but our aerials like or fair and dair are great for spacing and our bair will kill you at like 90% stage position dependent. gr>fsmash fresh should definitely kill you by 125% if not gr>dsmash will at like 135%. you can gimp us out of WOI with pkt. your pk fire is only good as a retreat up close trying to camp with it will get it reflected in your face by one of our reflectors. our ground game wins, our fair and dair can return air combat but your air game is where it's at. and oh ya your dsmash can stop our planking.

as for stage bans, we will probably use RC, brinstar, lylat, frigate, halberd or delphino (sharking too good on these 2). idk what i would strike against lucas, probably just strike SV to and YI (sv to remove a stage people are comfortable on and YI because it is our worst stage).

you will want to cp YI, ps1, and if you are good on ps2 then there as well. we can't fly under those stages.

also your usmash can't be used to punish AR unless we mess up really bad (referancing above post). however it makes us very worried about ever trying to glide over you so keep it in mind when we try to land

edit:
so overall, we out range, out camp, and have gr>bull**** on you. we also have a lot of good edgeguarding options but your wavebounce shenanigans do a lot of good for ya.
Brinstar and RC are some of our favs. We're also starting to like PS2 because we can pull some funny **** with the physics changes. So if those two are your strongest stages then you dont really have amazing CPs on us. In normal MU's we like to be on FD in match 1 because of camping, but i dont think that is very prudent in this particular case. I think that if i we going against a lucas i would probably take you to lylat if i could, because it hurts your recovery a bit, those Pk-fires are going to fail sometimes and neither of these bother us in the least, because of our arrow curving and WoI being able to take us anywhere as long as we dont get hit. Frigate also deserves a mention because once again, it hurts your recovery and (main) projectile at times. If Japes was legal for some reason, that would be a great stage for us to take you to.

We really hate stages we cant fly under, so PS1 is a good choice for you if we dont ban it. I dont exactly know why you guys dislike YiB but if it isnt too horrible for you, it's a viable CP. Pit doesnt really have too many bad stages on, as he's pretty adaptable and can play at all ranges (in most MU's) and can adapt to most stages.

I'm not sure about the GR kills and i intend to withold judgment until more info on this is retrieved and the discussion goes on for a while.
we'll both be approaching with SH aerials and baiting magnet/reflector. I think that whoever is less patient is going to have to approach as we can both camp eachother pretty well. At very long ranges, while you're grounded just sit there with magnet until we get close enough for you to threaten and bait us with pk-fire. Once we're close to one another, we'll be using a lot of jab and d-tilt as those are good ranged fast moves and they beat a lot of your close range options. You guys in turn should be doing SH aerials like usual (DAT NAIR!) and you shouldnt let us stay inside our safe zone. Make us be on edge and not in control. That's the only way you're really going to win CQC with a character like us. it's not like we're MK and we outrange and outprioritize everything you have by a huge margin, but we do have a bit more range on several of our moves than you do.

Hey look, my 555th post
alright then, ill list how i usually fight lucas instead of arguing frame data. this is what works for me so whether it's frame proven or not, here's how i personally handle him.

when we are both at zero percent ill just out patient lucas until he approaches. seriously i have no reason to approach as lucas has a hard time approaching pit because of dtilt, jab, sh fair, and sh dair all out space lucas while allowing pit to keep his mobility. these moves are longer in range and have that high priority pit is known for. dtilt will be used mostly when you are near it's tip to avoid the possibility of punishment and jab will be used when you are closer than that. fair will be used in conjunction with those 2 moves to keep the space between us adequate enough to allow pit to have plenty of options whereas dair will be used to get in a read or mix up defensive tactics and get you in the air where we want you.

while pit's standing grab range is nothing special, his pivot grab range is almost marth status. and seeing as how it was discovered that you can instant pivot grab a long while ago, most pit's use this to get the grab range boost and that is where the gr follow ups will most likely come from outside of a read.

believe it or not, lucas is still succeptible to aspects of our onstage arrow game (offstage should be an obvious duh lol). you have to approach assuming pit is in the lead and grounded pivot arrow will either catch you off guard or force a reaction from you that will usually be favorable for pit (you shield as we charge arrow) or neutral (pull out magnet whereas we can angle it not to heal you).

getting the kill just involves patience for pit. we will either try to force a mistake on stage and gr>fsmash/dsmash or we will rock you offstage (yes we all know by now that lucas does have options offstage, the fact is one fair or bair offstage and you are dead the hard way. otherwise we are just waiting for an opportunity to gimp you somehow). also onstage, one read side step and you will be ftilted at kill percents and our ftilt is a solid kill move and as esca stated it outranges and out prioritizes everything you do.

stages would be halberd and RC for me as i play the mu hella gay there and just shark and gimp the entire time and on the normal parts i just play as listed above.
  • WoI gimps Lucas off stage pretty hard
  • Arrows gimp him even harder than ness if he's forced to use PKT2
  • Zap-jumping when used efficiently still puts Lucas at a bad position; above Pit. U-air, arrows if used correctly, and WoI-refresh chasing lets Pit get an upperhand on Lucas from his akward position with no jumps now.
  • Grab-release shananigans as Esca said
There's other things but I don't know how much more can be said. I've played Tyr's lucas, and though it was pretty easy for me as Pit... eh... It can be tough if the Lucas plays a good zap-jump keep away and absorbption game. Just, it seems too easy for Lucas to get flubbed up, a lot of it has to do with his lack of range I believe.

Brinstar would be fun against Lucas, but it's best to keep it to neutrals, doesn't matter. Hell YI even can mess up Lucas's recovery-interests, and we generally don't NEED to scrooge to be safe coming back on stage on YI.

My stages would be personally be:

BF
Lylat
RC
Brinstar
there are different types of zapjumps, we can instantly magnetpull afterone of them. and if pushes us pretty far.

aproaches
dair and landing behind pit with nair are safe on shield.
im thinking out forward air is always good too. font get grabbed at low precentiles though if ur gonna do it.
Also I haven't really been reading this thread so I'm not sure about what's been said before like today. But here are some things about both character's specials.

Lucas PK Freeze - Pit can mirror shield it if it hits the shield. If it hits Pit then it'll freeze him.
Lucas PK Fire - Generally safe implying it's just being used only for attacking purposes. Can also hit Pit out of WoI.
Lucas PK Thunder - Can be reflected by Angel Ring and Mirror Shield. The head gets cancelled out by WoI, but it can hit Pit out of WoI after the starting push. Hits Pit out of glide, the head can be cancelled out by glide attack.
Lucas PSI Magnet - Magnet Cancelling arrows, other technical stuff that nobody ever does.
Lucas PK Thunder 2 - Can be reflected by Pit's Mirror Shield. Generally not a safe recovery option.

Pit arrows - Can be used to gimp Lucas. (Hit Lucas or hit his PKT to cancel it). Can also be used effectively if not mindlessly spammed or telegraphed.
Pit Angel Ring - Reflects Lucas's projectiles. Lucas can hit Pit out of it with Fsmash if Pit doesn't end it in time.
Pit Mirror Shield - Can be used to reflect projectiles and Lucas's PK Thunder 2 recovery.
Pit WoI - Cancels out the head of Lucas's PK Thunder. Lucas can hit Pit out of it with Bair, PK Fire, or PK Thunder if Pit rides up alongside the stage to make it to the ledge, or just about anything if Pit recovers outwards. If Pit recovers high, he can be hit out of WoI with Zap Jump, or use PK Thunder and punish the airdodge.

Pit gimping Lucas:
-WoI pushes Lucas away from his PK Thunder.
-WoI cancels out Lucas's PK Thunder.
-Mirror shield reflects Lucas's PK Thunder 2.
-Arrows cancel out PK Thunder.
-Arrows hit Lucas out of his double jump and he's forced to recover with PK Thunder, leading into a Mirror Shield gimp.
-Fair/Bair.

Lucas's Recovery Options:
-Double Jump.
-Airdodge.
-Zap Jump --> Magnet Pull.
-Zap Jump.
-Zair (mixing up the timings).
-Magnet Pull.
-Falling down low and wait for invincibility frames on the ledge to run out, then rising Nair.

Btw Lucas can't really do anything to Pits planking, and Pit can't really do anything to Lucas if Lucas just waits it out, so that's nothing to worry about. Just don't try to PK Thunder or Dsmash him if he's planking because it won't work and Pit will punish.
[/collapse]

Xcallion

Smash Ace
Neither of us are going to be camping this game, due to magnet and reflectors, obviously. Even offstage, you guys can magnet our arrows, without too much trouble and our WoI(up-b) cancels out your side b and PKT1. You can threaten us off stage pretty badly with your meteor smashes, but on most stages we'll just go under so it isnt a problem. You have to be scared ot us offstage though, because we can reflect your PKT2 with our mirror shield similarly to mario's cape. I know you guys have the zap jump and magnet pull+your tether, but if you get caught offstage with no DJ you're in trouble.

IIRC your moves have a variety of range, but most are about mid and close to ours. This means both sides have to(as usual) be concerned about spacing. DAT F-TILT! If we screw up with angel ring(side b) and you end up behind us, you probably have enough time to punish with that insane u-smash of yours, but that's the only move that will have enough lag to provide you with such a punish to my knowledge.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
ummmm..... what? xcallion you be crazy.

maganet or not pit will be camping you because lets face it, he out ranges you and doesn't have to hit your magnet with his arrow, when i play lucas i just charge the arrow and if you use magnet i shoot it up and bring it around to hit you in the back just to prove that if i have to i will keep doing that until the lucas approaches (of course im the pit known for arrow control so that could just be me you have to worry about). you guys have a lot of decent up close options on us though. your grab range and sh aerials are what you be relying on the entire match to damage us though because pit's attacks are very high priority and his tilt and jab range aren't bad by any means. he can effectively dtilt and jab only against you on the ground if you try to use any thing besides your grab (except your fsmash but both moves are faster and can clank it based on spacing).

in the air you want to be in the aggressor's position because our uair when space right or left of you wins always whereas your dair will beat the center. a good lucas can overwhelm pit with a sh aerial assult because our nair doesn't have the range to beat out your fair (i think im not to sure here) and your crazy aerial strings are fast and do good damage.

this is another one of your guys don't get grabbed MUs. we can regrab, fsmash, dsmash, dtilt, jab, AR, and dash attack you out of grab release. don't get in a position where you need to recover because if you do will either reflect you, WOI push you and mess up how you would hit yourself with pk thunder, or shoot pkt with arrows and try to cancell it.

random notes, you guys can keep us guessing with your aerials, but our aerials like or fair and dair are great for spacing and our bair will kill you at like 90% stage position dependent. gr>fsmash fresh should definitely kill you by 125% if not gr>dsmash will at like 135%. you can gimp us out of WOI with pkt. your pk fire is only good as a retreat up close trying to camp with it will get it reflected in your face by one of our reflectors. our ground game wins, our fair and dair can return air combat but your air game is where it's at. and oh ya your dsmash can stop our planking.

as for stage bans, we will probably use RC, brinstar, lylat, frigate, halberd or delphino (sharking too good on these 2). idk what i would strike against lucas, probably just strike SV to and YI (sv to remove a stage people are comfortable on and YI because it is our worst stage).

you will want to cp YI, ps1, and if you are good on ps2 then there as well. we can't fly under those stages.

also your usmash can't be used to punish AR unless we mess up really bad (referancing above post). however it makes us very worried about ever trying to glide over you so keep it in mind when we try to land

edit:
so overall, we out range, out camp, and have gr>bull**** on you. we also have a lot of good edgeguarding options but your wavebounce shenanigans do a lot of good for ya.

Chuee

Smash Hero
maganet or not pit will be camping you because lets face it, he out ranges you and doesn't have to hit your magnet with his arrow, when i play lucas i just charge the arrow and if you use magnet i shoot it up and bring it around to hit you in the back just to prove that if i have to i will keep doing that until the lucas approaches (of course im the pit known for arrow control so that could just be me you have to worry about).
Lucas' magnet absorbs behind him.
you guys have a lot of decent up close options on us though. your grab range and sh aerials are what you be relying on the entire match to damage us though because pit's attacks are very high priority and his tilt and jab range aren't bad by any means. he can effectively dtilt and jab only against you on the ground if you try to use any thing besides your grab (except your fsmash but both moves are faster and can clank it based on spacing).
not sure if serious

this is another one of your guys don't get grabbed MUs. we can regrab, fsmash, dsmash, dtilt, jab, AR, and dash attack you out of grab release.
doubt the regrab is guaranteed. Fsmash and Dsmash probably don't work either. Dtilt probably, jab maybe, AR not worth it since we'll most likely see it and DI out and take little damage.
don't get in a position where you need to recover because if you do will either reflect you, WOI push you and mess up how you would hit yourself with pk thunder, or shoot pkt with arrows and try to cancell it.
WOI push probably won't work since we'll never recover close enough to the stage for that to work. If you try doing that further back, messing up can cost you a stock. I'd stick to arrows and mirror shield.

Reflecting PK fire back won't do any good since spaced PKF won't hit Lucas back after reflected. Dsmash can be baited and arrowed.

YI is also *** for Lucas. I wouldn't ban brinstar against Pit.

Definitely not YI, maybe PS1/2

lol @ usmash to punish AR.

T-block

B2B TST
lol Maharba... have you played this matchup at all? x.x

Lucas hates YI more than Pit does. PS2 sounds like a solid CP though, as always =)

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
never played it at YI because i always ban it. and i've hit lucas from behind out of his magnet b4 when i played tallman (unless he always let it down at exact same time the arrow hit which is highly unlikely). and yes i've played it a bunch. the regrab is guarenteed. like you said the AR doesn't matter, i was giving you all of our options out of gr (and yes they are guarenteed, fsmash needs a stutter step and regrab needs DACG, all of the other stuff doesn't need anything to hit you). yeah dsmash can be baited and arrowed, so just don't mess up. it still stops our uair planking which is better than most. about the grab range thing, pit's jab infinite (which a lot of pit players like to use) is outranged by your tether grab, as is our fsmash which too many pit's abuse, simple as that. use it to read those abused moves. of course it doesn't out range our dtilt, but pit's range is not outstandingly longer than lucas' when compared to the other long range sword character's (mk and marth) to begin with, that's why i said it outranges it by a "little bit" above.

and idk if i said this already but yes i have played the MU plenty with tallman and some lucas' at whobo and WG4. so watev's im just throwing out what i know from the lucas players i've played. if you really want info on the MU pm PTZR, iirc he said he plays mekos and pink fresh a lot.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
Lucas needs to get to the stage as soon as possible cous Pit has to many advantages offstage.

Arrows, WoI his recover, Reflex his recovery... so on

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I haven't been gimped by a Pit in a long time, actually. Zap Jump makes recovering so much easier.

D

Deleted member

I honestly don't have too much experience in this matchup, so I'll just ask questions.

What is hands down the stage we should ban against Pit? Is there any stage where he really could potentially give us trouble? I wouldn't really want to ban Brinstar because Lucas is pretty dang good there.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I've actually played against Luckay's Pit at Brinstar.

Don't go there, it's dumb.

D

Deleted member

Really? Suyon doesn't like playing Pit on Brinstar. He switched to Marth when I CP'd him there.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Quick Tips:
Magnetable Projectiles:
[collapse=Old Pit Summary]--Palutena's Arrow - 13%
D-air to D-tilt Lock %: 71

General MU:
-he cannot spam against us
-we force him to approach, so learn to punish his d-air, n-air and dash attack approaches
-PKF spamming does not exist in this MU, you'll either get an arrow in the face or reflected PKF
-when he is on the ledge, make sure your ready to absorb some ledge spam
-PKT is not a reliable gimp move due to Pit having his arrows-To win this, you must be defensive and force him to approach
-Be extremely careful off stage, this is where Pit wins the MU
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Pit
For gimping, Pit to Lucas, Pit may have problems at first, sometimes, but he still has his basics arrows. You can magnet some of them but not all.
Against your Magnet pull thing (PK fire to Magnet), Pit can either try to shoot an arrow before the magnet comes out, or try to predict where you end up and strike there. Angel Ring does somewhat good at this part if you fly into it.
Against Zap Jump, Pit really can't do anything but wait til you come down, and even though he can still try to arrow you, you would have enough reaction time to just avoid them.
Against your PKT recovery, Pit has different options for it.

1: Pursue with an aerial
This can be common with some Pits.

2: Stay at a distance and shoot an arrow at you
This is also common sometimes. A Pit can keep shooting arrows at you til you are either out of Pit's shooting range, or til you far enough so Pit can prepare to either try to edgehog you or Mirror Shield you, depends on the distance between Lucas and Pit, and such,

3: Mirror Shield you after the PKT hits you
Like some other character recoveries (like Ike's), Pit can Mirror Shield them to gimp them and KO them. It isn't as risky as doing it on a Ness since mistiming it on a Ness, well, you know, since it's a powerful impact.
The Thing with Lucas is that after the PKT impact thing, he can move somewhat fast in the air in his helpless state, unlike Ness, which could give Lucas a chance to make it back, but Pit could try to edgehog him at will.

4: Use Up-B near you
Remember that Pit's up-b has a windpush effect that surrounds Pit in all directions. If he uses Up-B near you, you will move and it can mess up with you being able to recover. It could send you in a direction that you don't want to go, or could totally kill you. Death is not guaranteed, though.

5: Shoot an arrow at your PKT directly.
If a Pit shoots the ball part of the PKT with an arrow, the PKT is destroyed, and you might as well say goodbye after that. Let's hope the Pit you are facing isn't a sniper >_< (I did knock some PKTs out before)

6: Edgehog
Self-explanitory, but really only works if you are far away that your PKT won't reach the platform itself. In combination with other tactics, this could also work.

7: Wait patiently
Some Pits may rather wait to see where you will end up, and then try to attack, or edgehog if applicable.

Don't forget to use your tether recovery which can help you out quite a bit, and keep the Pit guessing a bit more.
-Here is how we can try to edgegaurd, just be weary of arrows
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Pit
As far as edgeguarding and gimping goes, Lucas to Pit, Lucas has that PKT that is annoying. However, keep in mind that a Pit can shoot arrows as he comes close which could mess you up, or he could try to reflect them, if he doesn't decide to glide, which is usually bad. Pit hates getting spiked since he has quite a bit of hitstun from them, and his Up-B won't cancel any knockback momentum. Try to force Pit into Up-B, and get him with the PKT if you can. PK fire can help against bad gliding, and your F-air has good range, so it should help too.
Keep in mind that Pit can glide under some stages to avoid some trouble.
-Avoid being grabbed at low-pecents, although he can't CG F-throw, he can F-throw to F-smash or D-throw to Up-air
-Use d-smash for reckless ledge Pits

Stages:
Strike: Lylat, Yoshi's Island
Ban: Lylat
Counterpick: Brinstar, Pokemon Stadium 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by takerfan619
on the note about lylat, if you end up at this stage a lot of the times pit will camp the ledge and jump under the stage to Uair you through it.. Just Dsmash and it'll spike him straight down for an easy KO.[/collapse]

Most of this still rings true and it's good to refresh people's minds on what we used to think of this MU. I will be writing something up for this MU as well since I love fighting Pit.

It's 0 or -1 at most.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
I've actually played against Luckay's Pit at Brinstar.

Don't go there, it's dumb.
Luckay is just plane good lol his pit is gay in Brinstar!

Just wait until Kuro comes and he will write a summary on the MU because he's our trusted Mod! Or wait for esca :p

Esca

Smash Champion
Lucas can never ever beat Pit. We have 4 grab releases, into potential kills, a reflector of both upb and side-b, also a reflector of his recovery, and our moves outprioritize and outrange Lucas.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
Esca is one of the top pits so it doesnt matter what pit he plays lol

he can play m2k if he wanted to!

Chuee

Smash Hero
Lucas can never ever beat Pit. We have 4 grab releases, into potential kills, a reflector of both upb and side-b, also a reflector of his recovery, and our moves outprioritize and outrange Lucas.
not sure if serious.

KoozyK

Smash Ace
ive been watching pit combo videos since i started playing this game competitively. and i have to say pit combo videos are thebest.

im just gettting off work. and im tired from serving ice cream. ill give imput .......sooner or later

And at this
when i play lucas i just charge the arrow and if you use magnet i shoot it up and bring it around to hit you in the back just to prove that if i have to i will keep doing that until the lucas approaches
......chuee already said it. but lucas's magnet turns him around if hit from behind....soo yea. talman must hae been letting go a frame or two too early

ps ROCKET. i want a avatar like that soooo bad now after seeing yours

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Esca is one of the top pits so it doesnt matter what pit he plays lol

he can play m2k if he wanted to!
This has absolutely no relevance whatsoever. Look, it actually does matter what Lucas they do play because sure they can be one of the top players of their character but that doesn't mean whatever they say is law or necessarily correct if they do not know what they are talking about..

So if Lucas can never beat Pit why isn't the MU -3? or -4 for impossible?

4 grab releases? Please do show proof to back up this statement because you are not the first character to say you have all these shenanigans, and no just because it works on Ness does not mean it works on Lucas. What moves do you have potential kills after the apparant GRs, do you have frame data to back this up?

Who cares if you have a reflector, lol? Saying that is like saying we have a magnet to your arrows.

Once again, someone who doesn't know Lucas, you have a reflector but if the Lucas you are playing is competent you will not be getting the gimp as easily as you believe. Lucas has four ways to recover.

All of your moves don't outprioritize and outrange Lucas. If you are gonna say something like this, back it up with saying which moves outrange/outprioritize.

Just saw this post after re-reading what others are saying but someone who actually knows what they are talking about. <3

KoozyK

Smash Ace
First off.. Its the 10 tailed beat in naruto.

btw I love the new chapter :D

Neji is evil
Itachi and Nagato r teaming up
dude that was soooo cliche when they made neji evil. i was like really? kinda obvi.
negato and itachi. i hae a feeling naruto and bee will have to fight them.
wish sakura woulda said who that someone was though.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
dude that was soooo cliche when they made neji evil. i was like really? kinda obvi.
negato and itachi. i hae a feeling naruto and bee will have to fight them.
wish sakura woulda said who that someone was though.
I tought it was the guy who gave sakura the love letter evil.

I think Naruto and Sasuke will fight Nagato and Itachi or all 4 will team up to kill Madara lol

I bet Sakura will own Neji even though neji is 100% better.

I stil lfind it funny how he used Byakugan and got trap by looking at itachi eyes

Xcallion

Smash Ace
Just saw this post after re-reading what others are saying but someone who actually knows what they are talking about. <3
Why thank you :)
I was a bit worried that i was horribly wrong after reading some of my fellow pit's posts.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
@Naruto Discussion: As much as I love naruto (freaking amazing anime stfu haters) I must ask that all discussion regarding so must be moved to the General Discussion since this is a MU thread and it's kindof getting off track. *sorry I have to be that guy ;_;*

@Xcallion: Haha I know exactly what you mean. I used to be like that, still am to a degree but anyways now I am being hypocritical and getting off track myself.

Stages? I tend to like taking Pit to PS2/Brinstar as usual but I can never think of a good pit stage to ban, what are some good pit stages again?

Xcallion

Smash Ace
Brinstar and RC are some of our favs. We're also starting to like PS2 because we can pull some funny **** with the physics changes. So if those two are your strongest stages then you dont really have amazing CPs on us. In normal MU's we like to be on FD in match 1 because of camping, but i dont think that is very prudent in this particular case. I think that if i we going against a lucas i would probably take you to lylat if i could, because it hurts your recovery a bit, those Pk-fires are going to fail sometimes and neither of these bother us in the least, because of our arrow curving and WoI being able to take us anywhere as long as we dont get hit. Frigate also deserves a mention because once again, it hurts your recovery and (main) projectile at times. If Japes was legal for some reason, that would be a great stage for us to take you to.

We really hate stages we cant fly under, so PS1 is a good choice for you if we dont ban it. I dont exactly know why you guys dislike YiB but if it isnt too horrible for you, it's a viable CP. Pit doesnt really have too many bad stages on, as he's pretty adaptable and can play at all ranges (in most MU's) and can adapt to most stages.

I'm not sure about the GR kills and i intend to withold judgment until more info on this is retrieved and the discussion goes on for a while.

Xcallion

Smash Ace
My avatar is Kyubey from Madoka.
yeah :D that's what i meant when i said PMMM (puella magi madoka magica). In the subs i read, it was kyubei, not kyubey, but w/e. I loved that anime. pr0**** right there.

EDIT: Check out the Kyubei in my sig <3
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Also sorry about the double post.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
You have to take into consideration grab release DI. Which makes a lot of things not work. If you tested it, you have to make sure you DI'd away with Lucas.

Chuee

Smash Hero
You have to take into consideration grab release DI. Which makes a lot of things not work. If you tested it, you have to make sure you DI'd away with Lucas.
This, I hear everyone and their mom say they have a CG on lucas but a lot actually don't.

Esca

Smash Champion
So if Lucas can never beat Pit why isn't the MU -3? or -4 for impossible?
It really should be, a smart Pit should never EVER, not even 1 time lose to a Lucas main. I used to play with PheonixAlpha, Tallman, and Keef with Teef if any old Lucas mains remember him.

4 grab releases? Please do show proof to back up this statement because you are not the first character to say you have all these shenanigans, and no just because it works on Ness does not mean it works on Lucas. What moves do you have potential kills after the apparant GRs, do you have frame data to back this up?
I understand that Lucas and Ness are different. We have grab release into Dsmash, stutter-stepped Fsmash, dash attack, and running Usmash. All have kill potential, all do over 14%, except Dsmash when it's stale, and it's a completely free hit. As far as frame data goes, you can check it, but from experience I know for 100% fact that all said options are viable.

Who cares if you have a reflector, lol? Saying that is like saying we have a magnet to your arrows.
No it isn't at all, LMAO.

Our reflector reflects every single move Lucas has, completely changes his momentum and turns him around. Offstage, if you have to upb, we can just side-b your face and it reflects your PK thunder. If I don't feel like being risky, I can just wait and mirror shield. Mirror shield is alot more important than your magnet I promise.

All of your moves don't outprioritize and outrange Lucas. If you are gonna say something like this, back it up with saying which moves outrange/outprioritize.
Pit's Dtilt/F-tilt outrange and outprioritize everything Lucas has. There you go.

[/QUOTE]

Chuee

Smash Hero
It really should be, a smart Pit should never EVER, not even 1 time lose to a Lucas main. I used to play with PheonixAlpha, Tallman, and Keef with Teef if any old Lucas mains remember him.
I've been around here for 3 years and I've never heard of anyone called Keef with Teef.
Also lmao @ this being -3

I understand that Lucas and Ness are different. We have grab release into Dsmash, stutter-stepped Fsmash, dash attack, and running Usmash. All have kill potential, all do over 14%, except Dsmash when it's stale, and it's a completely free hit. As far as frame data goes, you can check it, but from experience I know for 100% fact that all said options are viable.
Dsmash and DA both kill really late. Usmash I can just SDI out of. Fsmash yes, but Im not even sure if it's guaranteed with GR DI.

Our reflector reflects every single move Lucas has, completely changes his momentum and turns him around. Offstage, if you have to upb, we can just side-b your face and it reflects your PK thunder. If I don't feel like being risky, I can just wait and mirror shield. Mirror shield is alot more important than your magnet I promise.
Zap Jump.

Pit's Dtilt/F-tilt outrange and outprioritize everything Lucas has. There you go.
Time for frame data.
ftilt hits on frame 14.
lmao at that being a viable option to out prioritize us. Thats as fast as Lucas' fsmash looool. Oh and that's not even mentioning that it has 23 frames of endlag.
Dtilt is a little faster however it's also horrendous on block with 19 frames of endlag.
Sorry bro, but you aren't going to be getting away with using moves with that much endlag often.
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12270217&postcount=2 if you care where I got it from

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
The only one I ever heard of was Tallman, the others I have absolutely no clue on. And no, Pit doesn't beat Lucas that bad.

Esca said:
I stopped listening after the Pink Bolded. From exp? That holds no water unless you have proof to back up that claim so that point's dismissed till I see evidence.

Esca said:

You didn't get the joke.

Also your point about your reflector? Yes, it can reflect, congratz, but...I really don't know what to say because I don't believe you are trying to say because you can reflect a move the MU is impossible. Can't you use that against all characters? Esca, good Lucas' won't be getting gimped that easily even when they use PKT2 to recover. They also have other options to recover. Mirror vs. Magnet is obv since Mirror is better but you didn't get what I was getting at. *siiiigh*

Esca said:
So you are gonna be spamming those two moves all game to defeat Lucas? Also do you know anything about Lucas' range on some of his moves? I'm curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom