• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit high tier? I hope not

DAVO

Smash Rookie
I have always thinked that all characters can be good if you get them right ( just watch Captain Jacks DK ) so I´ve always been againts tier list because they cause that people use the same characters ( cough: Fox :cough ) .
I started maining marth for stupid reasons ( he looked cool and a friend of mine used roy ) , then i found out of tiers and realize that marth was a high tier , i dint minded at the time but then a saw many people choose him because of that.
My point is that , ever since i saw how pit looked and played ( in the trailer ) Ive wanted to main him but if he turns out to be top tier and everyone started using him it will lose its charm ( i mean how many of us dont hate to se that 60-70 % of tournament players use fox and they always seem to use the same strategy and that causes to only expand Fox´s metagame , which then causes him to be even better):ohwell:
Anyone else thinks like this?

Raikage

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I hate using an overused character purely because you get lumped in with all the people who use them just because they're good, even if you just like the way they look or something. But from what I've heard so far Pit isn't that good, he might end up being high tier or something but I can't see him becoming the Fox/Marth of Brawl.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
No. I'm playing Pit for his interesting fighting style. And I want him to be able to stand a chance against the stronger characters.

Pit is excellent, by the way. The most annoying character out of the whole cast.

HeroXL

Smash Journeyman
lol imagine how the sonic fans feel. There are ALOT of people wanting to use sonic, check out the poll on the general discussion forums.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I also hope he doesn't turn out to be too fare up top, I already don't like how people react to me maining Falco even thouh I simply like his style.
Funny. . .the Lucario fans yay "omgz omgz! Lucario is going to be sooo top tier!" to every lil thing they learn about him yet no vids really show him over powering anyone well I have seen many Pitt fans who DON'T want him to be the new Marth yet theres a good bit of vids that show that he can be a beast.

Also. . .ANY character "can stand a chance" against another character. Thats why you practice and train with your character of choice. . .cause in the end it's you who has to be great at playing the character, its not the other way around.

PeachyPit

Smash Apprentice
it's a tough decision. I too understand about not playing higher tier characters, Link was my main in Melee.

But i don't think you should not be a character just because of some tier list, play who you want to play! XD

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
I'd prefer he be overplayed. the more overplayed a character is the easier it is to find strategies with the character. Besides he looks fun to play, and thats why you should pick a character.(or because you have an attachment to the characters games.) Personally they didn't put any of the right FE characters in so I won't be maining one this time, although Marth and TL will be my secondaries based simply on the series of games they are from.

Mysteryfox1

Smash Ace
The Netherlands, Noord-Brabant, Aarle Rixtel
I just like Pit and my friends said they're not going to use him and have a other main so it doesn't matter for me and the tier list really doesn't matter for me it's a game it's about the gameplay not who wins. for me at least because if you go to tournies it does matter if you win.

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunate

Yeah, this is probably going to happen to me again. When I first started playing Smash Brothers Melee, I looked at the game and was like "Oh cool, Zelda! I love the Zelda games", then I found out she could turn into Sheik and I screamed for joy to be able to play the AWESOME character from Ocarina! PLUS SHE LOOKS LIKE A NINJA.

...So I play and play and play...and then a year later I learn that there is a whole new level to the game and so do all of my friends, and we find a tier list... Sheik = God Tier.

, I was never once able to play Sheik again without it being brought up that she was one of the best characters.

...when i heard Pit was in this game, I said to myself "YES! IT'S PIT! OMG I LOVED THAT GAME!", and he looked so badass in the video, splitting his Bow to create two blades and slashing them around. I practically wet myself at the coolness. I vowed that he would be my new main no matter how good or bad he was.

, Well ladies and gentlemen, I played Brawl for about 5 hours yesterday, and when I won 4 matches in a row all with Pit, all I could hear from the crowds of people around was "WTF! That's TOTAL BS! He's too good!"

...*sigh*, They've been playing it for a few hours and they're already calling a character broken. I really really really hope that when the tiers come out he's dubbed Mid-Low so I don't have to suffer the slings and arrows I got when I played my favorite character who JUST happened to be the best in the game back in Melee.

, perhaps in time, people will learn that the tiers aren't the know all and be all of smash and that a Captain Jack and his DK or a top level players Pichu will wreck the mediocre Sheik, regardless of tiers and just let me play the character I want without calling me cheap.

...just because of this instance however, there is no guarantee of his tier, but hopefully he wont be High tier so I can freely play him without continued jaunts.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Yeah, this is probably going to happen to me again. When I first started playing Smash Brothers Melee, I looked at the game and was like "Oh cool, Zelda! I love the Zelda games", then I found out she could turn into Sheik and I screamed for joy to be able to play the AWESOME character from Ocarina! PLUS SHE LOOKS LIKE A NINJA.

...So I play and play and play...and then a year later I learn that there is a whole new level to the game and so do all of my friends, and we find a tier list... Sheik = God Tier.

, I was never once able to play Sheik again without it being brought up that she was one of the best characters.

...when i heard Pit was in this game, I said to myself "YES! IT'S PIT! OMG I LOVED THAT GAME!", and he looked so badass in the video, splitting his Bow to create two blades and slashing them around. I practically wet myself at the coolness. I vowed that he would be my new main no matter how good or bad he was.

, Well ladies and gentlemen, I played Brawl for about 5 hours yesterday, and when I won 4 matches in a row all with Pit, all I could hear from the crowds of people around was "WTF! That's TOTAL BS! He's too good!"

...*sigh*, They've been playing it for a few hours and they're already calling a character broken. I really really really hope that when the tiers come out he's dubbed Mid-Low so I don't have to suffer the slings and arrows I got when I played my favorite character who JUST happened to be the best in the game back in Melee.

, perhaps in time, people will learn that the tiers aren't the know all and be all of smash and that a Captain Jack and his DK or a top level players Pichu will wreck the mediocre Sheik, regardless of tiers and just let me play the character I want without calling me cheap.

...just because of this instance however, there is no guarantee of his tier, but hopefully he wont be High tier so I can freely play him without continued jaunts.
Yeah, the same thing happened to me with Falco.

I really hope that Pitt is another Roy somewhat (As in, people supposetly thought he was top teir and that Marth was low when the game first came out in Japan but that changed when it became more open to other parts of the world).

Falco/ Wolf/ Sonic/ Pitt/ ROB and even Lucario (I think his fans are over hyping him. Don't think he is going to be top tier at all from the vids) all have people yelling "top tier!" and they happen to be 6 of the 7 characters I want to main:urg: (PT is the number one must main character for me and Im happy people haven't hyped him up. . .seems too out there for alot of people:p)

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Yeah, the same thing happened to me with Falco.

I really hope that Pitt is another Roy somewhat (As in, people supposetly thought he was top teir and that Marth was low when the game first came out in Japan but that changed when it became more open to other parts of the world).

Falco/ Wolf/ Sonic/ Pitt/ ROB and even Lucario (I think his fans are over hyping him. Don't think he is going to be top tier at all from the vids) all have people yelling "top tier!" and they happen to be 6 of the 7 characters I want to main:urg: (PT is the number one must main character for me and Im happy people haven't hyped him up. . .seems too out there for alot of people:p)
I'm hoping lucario's top tier, that way I can kill Lucario all the time while play as Pit, Diddy, Falco, or Pokemon trainer.
:][:

Eli_Manning

Smash Rookie
From the looks of similar threads from other Character forums i think its going to shape out for their to be a decent spread of Top tier characters possibly along with a second tier set of characters who in skilled hands can hold thier own.

AzureWing

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I remember in Melee I use to play with Marth ALL the time, mainly because he was new and fun for me. But then at tournaments it seemed like everyone and their great grandmothers were playing as Marth. Even though I'm good with Marth, I've retired him. I like to play with characters that are underated.

FreezePop

Smash Rookie
lol imagine how the sonic fans feel. There are ALOT of people wanting to use sonic, check out the poll on the general discussion forums.
Oh my gosh! That's exactly how i feel -_____- all the people will be using him just cause he's...well him! :dizzy:

ahh we're gonna end up seeing a lot of him online =/

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Well Pit does look like the new Fox or maybe I should be comparing him to Sheik?

At the beginning of melee Sheik was really popular but as melee evolved other characters became more popular. Just use the character you think tou will enjoy the most or just most comfortable with.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
brawl is more balanced than melee. there will be a good diversity in characters in tournies, i don't think people will tier ***** as much.

xigon

Smash Apprentice
This thread might deserve to be stickied in the general brawl section. I 100% back up the comment. Within my 30 smash friends, 18 of them uses Falco/Fox. I asked why and they said: '' He's on top tier, he is so good''. I am discraced by this because if everyone uses him, theres no challenge. Like the saying: '' If everyone is special, no one is special''. I wish that tiers don't exist and everyone uses the character that they like by taste.

dori.

Smash Apprentice
I lol at the OP.

Who cares if the character is overused or popular.

If you like him, use him.

xigon

Smash Apprentice
I lol at the OP.

Who cares if the character is overused or popular.

If you like him, use him.
thats the point here, 90% of the people that use Fox/Falco uses them because there top tier, no becuase they like them

S2

Smash Lord
brawl is more balanced than melee. there will be a good diversity in characters in tournies, i don't think people will tier ***** as much.
Agreed.

People really shouldn't choose their characters based on the tier, but by who they like playing as.

Melee kinda forced most players to choose between a few really viable characters if they wanted to win tournaments, leaving fans of the low tier pretty much out of luck.

Let's hope that as people get better at Brawl, the tier list gap ends up being somewhat small.

Pit's shaping up to be a pretty good fighter though. His recovery looks pretty tricky, but it could be that people don't know what to do about it yet.

3D King

Smash Journeyman
I hope Pit doesn't have a huge amount of people playing him, but for a completely different reason. I couldn't stand that much of those annoying sound effects of his (ayayayayay!).:psycho:

I completely understand the want to be unique. Its why I have so much trouble trying to focus on maining Dedede since his popularity has raised quite a bit since his Dojo announcement. You just gotta try and not let the fact that everyone else and their grandma wants to play them keep you from playing the character you like.

Socrata

Smash Rookie
I personally don't care if Pit is top-tier or not. I see him being mid - high tier, but I've been wanting to use him since he was announced. I was the same way with Marth, though I wasn't following Melee at all before it came out and just began using him against friends since they were using Roy. Later I found he was top tier and was a bit disappointed, but none of my friends follow Smash's competitive scene so none of them bother me about it. I plan to use Marth again, along with Pit.

PitX_Ultima

Smash Rookie
Everyone here seems to have had the same experience. I also had it. I started playing with Fox (and C. Falcon), then after I unlocked Marth I got better than with both of them. After a while, I decided to check out some forums on the internet, and what do I find? The most annoying and stupid placing system to date. SSBM TIERS. After checking that, I started to step aside from melee a while because I thought everyone would call me cheap for using top and high tier characters only. I came back to playing melee after some time since I thought ''Hey, what the **** should I care that everyone teases me about this? I should just play with who I like to even if I where to suck with him(which I don't)''.

Also, it shouldn't matter if we all decide to use Pit if he where a top/high tier character. We should play with who we most feel confortable and like to use.

I have always thinked that all characters can be good if you get them right ( just watch Captain Jacks DK ) so I´ve always been againts tier list because they cause that people use the same characters ( cough: Fox :cough ) .
I started maining marth for stupid reasons ( he looked cool and a friend of mine used roy ) , then i found out of tiers and realize that marth was a high tier , i dint minded at the time but then a saw many people choose him because of that.
My point is that , ever since i saw how pit looked and played ( in the trailer ) Ive wanted to main him but if he turns out to be top tier and everyone started using him it will lose its charm ( i mean how many of us dont hate to se that 60-70 % of tournament players use fox and they always seem to use the same strategy and that causes to only expand Fox´s metagame , which then causes him to be even better):ohwell:
Anyone else thinks like this?

Or perhaps, you can just swallow your artificial pride and play with him because you want to. Regaurdless of said reason.

It really annoys me when people feel that playing with a character based off of their tier position is a great thing. People will play with whoever they want for multiple reasons, but don't hope for him to be a degenerate character because you want to retain some individuality.

Honestly, what purpose would this serve? Play the game in a manner that will benifit you insted of trying to keep yourself segregated.

*sigh*

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'd use Pit because his battle style is unique and beneficial to me. I really don't care about the tier list, because I want to pick the characters that suit my playing style. In this case, Pit will be one of my mains. To answer the topic, if I was to guess what spot Pit is at on the tier list, it would be high tier.

Gray

Smash Journeyman
I don't see how you're much of a Pit fan if you're worried that you shouldn't use him because of a list that won't come out for years.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I wanna use Pit and main him hopefully, since I always liked Kid Icarus when I was kid, tough I made a promise to myself to never use high or top tiers, cause I dont want to be recognized as ´the guy that uses the most unbalanced of the characters´, I hate how all the tourneys in my town, the fox player or marth player always win.... thus if Pit is a hight or top tier, ill probably wont use him, and thus stick with ganon, but I may break that promise cause I really like pit among the newcomers...

I wanna use Pit and main him hopefully, since I always liked Kid Icarus when I was kid, tough I made a promise to myself to never use high or top tiers, cause I dont want to be recognized as ´the guy that uses the most unbalanced of the characters´, I hate how all the tourneys in my town, the fox player or marth player always win.... thus if Pit is a hight or top tier, ill probably wont use him, and thus stick with ganon, but I may break that promise cause I really like pit among the newcomers...
So, basically you're playing a character to gain recognition?

Honestly, no one is trying to judge you.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Not to gain recognition, I just dont want to use an overused character, i know people dont judge me for who I use, but I dont want to be another marth/fox/etc user, just because hes overpowered, I just wanna show I can win even tough hes not using the most used characters...

I feel the same way, but I will be using my main (Olimar) ow matter how high up (or how, low though i prefer low) he is. But as frustrating as it gets, if you really like him use him anyway.

Top Bottom