• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit has a meteor

MirrorbladeZen

Smash Rookie
I'd like to point out, if not stated already, that our lovable character from Kid Icarus does indeed have a meteor to use against the cast. It's similar to that of Ike and Melee Link, in that in order to land it...one must use the d.tilt. The actual point in which the spike will work is not entirely sure of me as of now, but the most often recurring spot is right at the "hump" of Pit's daggers. Usually, the foe must be right below (sometimes on the same level) as the crouching Pit.

This isn't as effective as Ike's d.tilt IMHO, due to how small of a range Pit. Though, he should utilize as much tools as possible huh?

I do not have a video to back this up, but it does exist. Much appreciation to the person who makes one for this and please give a small amount of credit. If somebody has already posted about this, my apologies and I give credit to you.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
Already known. The location of the meteor hitbox is Pit's entire lower half body. They can even be behind you and it will work.

Archangel Nico

Smash Rookie
I would love to see some application purpose for the meteor smash, I have yet to see good situations where it would be preferred over arrow/aerial attack edge guarding

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
Acually, if you want to get technical, Brawl does not have any meteors, just spikes. You recover so fast because of the reduced hitstun that it just appears that you can meteor canc.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
If you want to get SUPER technical, our definition of meteor is incorrect. Nintendo expresses what is in Brawl are in fact meteor smashes. ...even though they are tilts and what-not.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
IF you want to get MEga Technical, I dont know ive heard its a meteor but ive never done or seen it but the opening of my sentence was to fit in.... i mean i dont have a pit picture and i am a pit user but yea.... you know =/...

kown

Smash Lord
You can use the dtilt as a mind game on the edge. Ill give an example. they are on the edge. You try to meteor while they are in invincibility frames/b4 they get to the edge. They would almost 80 percent of time go for an attack . Easily sidestepped and then they are punished.

I believe this is the only application for the meteor against good players.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
But you cant always count on that some players such as Marth or wolf and even another pit would jump off the edge with a fair or Dair and end up behind you. I say if you can hit the meteor do it. if you can back up and Sh N-air if they attack they miss and theyre hit. If they hop theyre Hit and if they roll you have no lag when landing and Cstick them. You almost cant lose.

Rebel581

Smash Champion
If you want to get technical, it's a meteor smash. They just took out meteor canceling. They were meteor smashes in 64 too. They were meteor smashes in Melee, and the moves that were "spikes" were moves that sent the opponent straight downwards with no opportunity to meteor cancel. These moves also didn't give you any bonuses related to meteor smashes either. Ganondorf, Marth, and Falco are the only ones who had "spikes."

rezen1337

Smash Cadet
Already known. The location of the meteor hitbox is Pit's entire lower half body. They can even be behind you and it will work.
So let me get this straight...

If you want to dtilt someone dangling on the edge, all you really have to do is roll as far out as possible, crouch, and then hit A? Since rolling brings you directly next to them, and you say that if they're behind you it can still work, I guess I might be able to pull off a surprise meteor on an unsuspecting foe!

Unfortunately, this will only work given the fact that anyone with half a brain would make use of their invincibility frames and get off the ledge.

Anyway, this should work, though, correct?

Top Bottom