• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit: Final Smash

digifreak642

Smash Journeyman

Pit's Final Smash, Palutena’s Army, has been revealed!

Sakurai said:
Pit is the captain of Palutena’s Army, the guardians of the Goddess of Light! It’s said that when he raises his voice to heaven, this goddess will appear.

Sakurai said:
Goddess Palutena! I beseech you!
Now that’s what I call a deity. Look how big she is!

Well, I guess technically that’s not her actual size. She just chose to manifest herself as something that big.

Sakurai said:
Here come the flying Centurions...

Sakurai said:
Now, attack!

They divebomb at incredible speeds!

It’s very difficult to dodge a charge of Centurions, splitting the sky like a storm.

Then again, the Centurions scatter after they clash. They each make one attack and then fall in battle.

Sakurai said:
Their sacrifices are so...so moving...

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
ZOMG. I love it! Palutena looks un-freaking-believable, and just the concept of the Centurions attacking is pure KI fanservice. All the benefits of their assistance in attacking without the need of a single hammer! =)

Fawriel

Smash Master
Weren't you guys supposed to elect an official thread poster or something?

Either way, a very fitting way to include Palutena... and she looks amazing.

There's not really much to say... except that, besides Palutena, Pit's FS looks the lamest yet. >_> <_<

Croco

Smash Lord
In the game he gets backup if you save the statued Centurions in the boss stages.
His final smash makes sense. :)

Hong

The Strongest
Since this thread has the most activity, I'll use this one.

Nice update. I hope the Centurions are actually painful, though. Not just something you can shrug off.

Arrow

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's too bad that this pretty much confirms Palutena won't be playable... because her Brawl model is hot :love:

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Quotin' myself for a minute from another thread:
Hmmmmmm.

Anyone else thinking Pit got gypped out of his Final Smash? That army seems awfully. . . awful.
Yeah, Palutena looks really good (coming from someone who never played the game in the first place), and I'm assuming the army is pretty true to form. . . but doesn't it seem like a crappy FS in terms of effectiveness? I mean, Mario get's a fireball that takes up the whole screen and Pit essentially gets ShyGuys. :/

Hong

The Strongest
Well, one way of balancing this is having a long duration of attack. I'm sure Sakurai won't just let it be short. It'd be easy to see a design flaw like that.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
The Goddess looks cool, but the other part of the update is pretty bad..
It says they move really fast. But couldn't you just shield them and air dodge?
They better have like.. the power of Mr. Saturn + Stitch Faces or something like that.

Also, it looks like Pit is just standing there glowing,
making him completely vunerable and unable to do anything during the attack?

It also looks like Ike either has a counter-attack move like the other FE chars, they took out that Sphere shield thing, or maybe after being attacked, it also makes him unable to move for a while.

Croco

Smash Lord
Quotin' myself for a minute from another thread:

Yeah, Palutena looks really good (coming from someone who never played the game in the first place), and I'm assuming the army is pretty true to form. . . but doesn't it seem like a crappy FS in terms of effectiveness? I mean, Mario get's a fireball that takes up the whole screen and Pit essentially gets ShyGuys. :/
We don't really know how fast they are.. and how many. ;)

digifreak642

Smash Journeyman
You have to know that some Final Smashes won't be mainly about the character.

I mean, which would you rather do:

Shoot a bunch of fire balls, wasting your energy, so sitting back and letting an army of Centurions do your dirty work?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
look ike physically blocked the centurion, i think they dropped the bubble shield
Or he just attacked it somehow. Maybe that's his down A or something? Seems kind of weird and unlikely, but anything's possible.

OR, better yet, maybe he stole the "Counter" move from his pals, Marth and Roy.

EDIT: Gah, Phred beat me to it.

Croco-I guess that's true. But it still seems easier to avoid. Meh, maybe it's awesome and I'm being pessimistic.

Hong

The Strongest
Well, look at it this way.

From what we've seen, Mario and Samus' Final Smashes are a one shot ordeal. They pretty much obliterate what's infront of them. Now, if you get behind them, it'll miss. Donkey Kong's Final Smash is limited to a certain area and Link's Final Smash first requires the alignment of some sort of light beam.

Palutena's Army, however, attacks the whole screen and like the Unowns would most likely be difficult to dodge. In the lag of defeating one Centurion, you can be hit by another. It's safe to assume they do reasonable damage as well.

Even if it's just twenty soldiers I'd be happy. That's a lot to deal with.

Pit moving from his position based on the first screenshot makes me wonder if he's free to act while all of this goes on.

Woodman

Smash Rookie
if they did take out the bubble shield, then wouldn't Ike be exposed on the side he's not blocking with his sword? I really hope they didn't take it out as it was the only fair way to shield when you're in the middle of a full on brawl.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
It looks like they fire arrows also..
The bows and arrows do imply that. And that's what I thought at first. But then I read this, and it got me concerned:

"They divebomb at incredible speeds!

It’s very difficult to dodge a charge ((note, it says 'a charge', not 'an arrow') of Centurions, splitting the sky like a storm.

Then again, the Centurions scatter after they clash. They each make one attack and then fall in battle."

If they basically just run into you and die, that seems kind of cruddy. But, I guess we'll see.

BlublacMH

Smash Apprentice
Palutena looks epic in the first pic, just freakin amazing. As for the Centurions, I think that Ike was fighting one of them in the last pic (hence that little bubble thing that happens when two attacks hit at the same time) but I hope that the Centurions are very powerful and/or very fast, and that whoever played as Ike just got lucky and was able to attack. Oh yeah, and seeing as Pit is glowing, he's probably invincible throughout the FS, just walking around giving out orders during the attack (or leading the Centurions around behind him?)

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
So...

Same person?
I'm thinking not.

Actually, the first time I saw that picture of Pit from the Subspace update, my brain immediately went to "Zelda?"

But it doesn't seem to be her either. I have no idea who that is. But it sure doesn't look like the Pelutena from the top picture.

EDIT: Nevermind, their dresses still seem similar. It could be Pelutena. But her hair really doesn't looks green enough in that bottom picture.

Hong

The Strongest
I don't know, assuming this person is asking for Pit's aid in the Subspace Embissary, it'd have to be either Palutena or Zeus since he takes orders from no one else. And that is sure as heck not Zeus. I say Palutena.

Keku

Smash Apprentice
The final smash is neat and all, but I took more interest in the last picture, where Ike seems to be blocking one of the attacks. I wonder if that's just a counter, or perhaps a new blocking-system? I suppose Sakurai could soon reveal something about the blocking system. I personally think it'd be neat if the bubbles were replaced with a smart and similiar (and good-looking) defense.

Phred

Smash Journeyman
For some reason I have doubts

Although to be fair, the blue is something that would only be true if her gloves matched.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Wow those little guys look really creepy. And where is the bubble shield???

Seriously, are they taking out the one thing that makes smash's blocking system unique? If you can just stand there blocking, sure you can still grab the guy but thats still kind of lame.

I hope shields can still break....

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
For some reason I have doubts

Although to be fair, the blue is something that would only be true if her gloves matched.
That's what has me kind of doubtful too. That, plus at the top of her gauntlet thing (close to her shoulder), it flares out into that wing shape (well not really "wing", but you know what I mean). I don't see that in the top picture. Granted, her shield may be covering it up, but it still seems fishy.

That, and even though she's glowing, her hair still looks far too yellow in the bottom pic. Her dress is undeniably similar though. . . .

Phred

Smash Journeyman
I just realized, maybe that was just a power guard.
Or whatever it's called, you know, the technique where you press the guard button just before an attack hits you and you block it without putting your shield up? That could totally be it.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I just realized, maybe that was just a power guard.
Or whatever it's called, you know, the technique where you press the guard button just before an attack hits you and you block it without putting your shield up? That could totally be it.
power shield is the term you're looking for. You were pretty close.

And hmm, thats a good idea.. but normally you see him flashing.. and why is he holding his sword like that?

perhaps he's just cancelling the other guys attack with an attack.. This seems most likely to me.

Rapiido

Smash Cadet
You people are STILL complaining that's not Palutena? You've GOT to be kidding me. Look at the diesgn on the outline of her dress, the arm bands, the fact that there's gold, green and white together. Plus the WHOLE BODY is glowing so stop complaining that the hair isn't the same shade. >>

Hong

The Strongest
Palutena is dressed to lead her army in the Army of Palutena Final Smash. It's a simple as that. Palutena has appeared with and without her battle look (with scepter and shield) on more than one occasion. The SE picture is her wearing formal clothing, the summon is her donning a shield and scepter as to lead a battle. It's really not that complicated.

Top Bottom