• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit dual style change

Dr. Science

Smash Apprentice
Haven't seen this discussed yet... but..

On the site it says for pit you will be able to freely switch between 2 blades and one connected one.

How do you feel it will affect his game play?

Which style do you think will be superior? Twin blade or doublebladed?

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I believe when they say"freely",I believe that it switches automatically between attacks.Otherwise,he would have two move sets.
I'm pretty sure this is the answer. Unless they are introducing stance changes (for instance Fox having a normal stance like in Melee and 64 where-in he can use his b-moves more freely; and having a fighter stance as we've seen in the trailers.) I don't think we'll be seeing a method of switching back and forth between united bow and broken bow.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Look im bettin I know how it works:

Lets say ur gonna do a smash attack rite? but the smash attack needs the dual blades, and not the bow (and u have the bow rite now in ur hand) when u perform the smash attack pit seperate the blades and execute the attack, afterwards he gets the dual blades in his hands...

BUT if pit needs to do a move that requires the bow, like say to shoot arrows or to do the windmill attack, he unites the blades, executes the move, and he keeps the bow in his hand...

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
They MAY have hinted at stance changes, in the Nintendo world trailer.
Remember at about 1:18? We see Zamus doing something.
I THINK she was switching between gun and whip, which is in effect, changing stance.
Maybe there'll be another button to do this, like having Fox's gun out or not,
to alter some of the characters' attacks.

Pomfrod

Smash Apprentice
The protagonist in Kid Icarus. Pit's Sacred Bow of Palutena is actually two blades combined. He can separate them or unite them at will for use in battle.
He does the separating, not us, methinks. But wait, there's more!

¡Júntalas o sepáralas en combate según más te convenga!
Basically, it either says "Join them or separate them following whatever conveniences you more in battle!"

Or, "He joins them or separates them..."

If it's being translated with informal diction, which is clear from the te rather than the se at the end of the sentence, then the two verbs could be commands, speaking to the reader/player.

Anyone wanna take a hack at the other languages?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
They MAY have hinted at stance changes, in the Nintendo world trailer.
Remember at about 1:18? We see Zamus doing something.
I THINK she was switching between gun and whip, which is in effect, changing stance.
Maybe there'll be another button to do this, like having Fox's gun out or not,
to alter some of the characters' attacks.
I'm guessing the same thing, that they'll have to add "stances" to some characters that will make them do different attacks in a different stance, but I think it is unlikely for these "stances" so i'm guessing they might do something with the c-stick if played with Gamecube controller

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
We knew this even before they said it on they announced it on the site...
The only new pit info we got was that we will be able to control the curve of his arrows...
How that works is what I think were all running.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think his bow is always in dual style except when he's shooting from his bow form. Atleast, that seems the most logical to me.

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
It'll work the same way as zelda's over B...

And good call on the stance changes, and it *hopefully* being mapped to the dpad. That should really deeping the strategy.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
"He can separate them or unite them at will for use in battle. " to me that sounds like we will be doing the seperating and what not. and switching back and forth. could be wrong though. I think certain characters will be able to swith to different 'stances'

JesterBox

Smash Ace
You can tell in the trailers he goes form one two two while fighting without any "transition" move...geez just watch the trailer

Genuine

Smash Apprentice
Look im bettin I know how it works:

Lets say ur gonna do a smash attack rite? but the smash attack needs the dual blades, and not the bow (and u have the bow rite now in ur hand) when u perform the smash attack pit seperate the blades and execute the attack, afterwards he gets the dual blades in his hands...

BUT if pit needs to do a move that requires the bow, like say to shoot arrows or to do the windmill attack, he unites the blades, executes the move, and he keeps the bow in his hand...
I agree with you. I was watching both vids and pit was using daul and bow. I saw in the vids that
Pits
U air= Bow (2nd vid when he attacks meta knight in air)
Fair= Dual(2nd vid when he attacks meta knight in air)
Nair= Bow(1st vid in Poke mon stadium)
U tilt= dual( 1st vid in pokemon stadium)
Neutral A or F tilt(couldnt really tell)= dual(In first vid when in the castle. Happens really fast and switches to next scene)

I also think Pit's arrow can also be an edge guarding move seeing if it has knowback. You could prolly send an opponent downward if you hit them at the right spot.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Hmmm... he could use the taunt to switch styles.

Ok,just look at the Nintendo world trailer.

When Pit does his U-smash/Tilt his weapons were seperated.Then he jumped into the air and used his windmill attack on MetaKnight in an instant.

The attacks were from two diffirent forms,I doubt there is mode changes.

burrito

Smash Lord
I hope there's no stance changes. I don't like the idea of it, it makes fighting too complicated.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
I hope there's no stance changes. I don't like the idea of it, it makes fighting too complicated.
Oh well, a couple of characters are just gonna have to be more "complicated" then aren't they.

Like Ness for example. He wasn't "complicated" to master, not in the slightest.
PK thunder jibaku is as easy as throwing a Pokéball.

drewdizzal

Smash Apprentice
Guys there aren't gonna be any stance changing if you watch the trailer youll see pit do ariel moves that switch from his bow to his dual blades almost seemlessly

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
I was wondering...Did they just decide to give Pit two blades or did his bow do that in Kid Icarus? Because I never got past level 2.

burrito

Smash Lord
Oh well, a couple of characters are just gonna have to be more "complicated" then aren't they.

Like Ness for example. He wasn't "complicated" to master, not in the slightest.
PK thunder jibaku is as easy as throwing a Pokéball.
Ness was complicated to master, but he was not a complicated character. That's what I mean and that's what brawl is all about.

Super Smash Master said:
I was wondering...Did they just decide to give Pit two blades or did his bow do that in Kid Icarus? Because I never got past level 2.
No, It's something that Sakurai added just for brawl.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ok,just look at the Nintendo world trailer.

When Pit does his U-smash/Tilt his weapons were seperated.Then he jumped into the air and used his windmill attack on MetaKnight in an instant.

The attacks were from two diffirent forms,I doubt there is mode changes.
Posted for truth look guys...

LISTEN TO ME!

This thread is pointless, theres no stance in pits moveset, u dont have to press a button to change forms, look at the nintendo world trailer:

@ 1:04 he has the BOW in his hand
Executes move
@ 1:05 He has the daggers/short swords in both of his hands

OMG HE DOESNT HAVE STANCES!

@ 1:08 He has the bow again in his hand
Executes move
@ 1:09 He has the daggers/short swords AGAIN in both hands

THERE ARE NO STANCES!

Look if Pit has the bow, and executes a move using the twin daggers, then after the attack he'll keep the twin daggers, and viceversa; if pit has the twin daggers in his hands, but uses a move that need the bow, then when xecuting the move, pit will unite the blades, make the bow, make the attack, and keep the bow in his hands, its THATS simple...

JesterBox

Smash Ace
this thread is garbage the answer is IN the trailer I would bet a million bucks he doens't have to "change stances"

watch...the...trailer

Dr. Science

Smash Apprentice
Well... No reason to get angry....

I simply posted based on how I interpred the text on the front page.

But neither the video or his words are absolute as it's not the finished product.

So who knows, maybe it will maybe it won't have "style change". Not me for sure.

But what I am asking is how do you feel it would affect his gameplay if it was in there.

I did not ask whether or not it will be in there.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Only read a few posts but I didnt see this.
In the second trailer for brawl it shows pit using an attack with the Bow seperated into two blades, then jumping and using an attack where the blades are united immediately afterwards.
This is proof enough for me to say that the change is automatic for whatever more youre performing.

Top Bottom