• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit cheap?

xctassassin

Smash Rookie
I play pit, hes the character i chose from the start. My brother usually plays who ever, and i always beat him. No matter how many games we play its never "good game" but rather "pit is cheap". No matter how well i play, and i have moments of brilliance, pit is always a "cheap" character.

I just wanted to know if this is the way everyone is feeling or just my jealous brother. Thanks for any input.

BiG BirD

Smash Rookie
My friends say the exact same thing when I beat them with Pit. I dont think hes cheap though.

Andrex

Smash Apprentice
He's definitely not a terrible character to use, but every character has their drawbacks, even Pit.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
My friend thinks he's cheap too. But I always tell them, "You're not ready yet!"
But i consider him to be versatile, not cheap. He doesnt have the Firepower or the weight of which Bowser has, and even his great recovery has a big flaw to it.
Overall, Pit isnt cheap; he just has a large variety of weapons including a melee weapon, a reflector, and a projectile. In the hands of a pro, he just owns.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I get the same crap. Be careful though, my main competition just switched to Marth out of frustration... v_v

GaleForce

Smash Rookie
Yeah, sometimes I get told that Pit is cheap when I use him.

I just respond with something like, "Then I guess 'cheap' and 'effective' are synonymous," or something to that effect. Kinda cheesy, but hey, as long as they get my point, right?

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
yea i get that too, anyone that i beat swears pit is cheap............the way i got them to stop.....i picked a different character and made them pick pit.........and still demolished...........then they will say....pit's harder to use then i thought, or...."your pit" is cheap lol

NekoBoy085

Smash Apprentice
tell them to use MK. He has an even better recovery, more jumps and a better aerial game.

Then proceed to kick their ***

I had an Ike and Marth player turn pit on me simply because I embarrassed them in random brawl. Needless to say the *** whooping they received as Pit was saved xD. So sad they realized I don't beat people with Pit. I beat people because I'm good with Pit :3

WakerofWinds

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sydrael
3DS FC
4699-5989-8229
It's understandable for people to say that Pit is cheap. In essence, he is one of the best characters to use in the game (at least I think so...). His reflector is just plain annoying considering how many things he can block with it, his arrows are quite powerful, and his right+ B, when used corrctly, is one of his great assets.

However, other characters are just as good, or have just as much potential, the only reason Pit is cheap is because it's natural human instinct to find an excuse as to why they didn't win.

Megasabin

Smash Rookie
Pit is a lot easier to use than other characters. It's as simple as that. It takes a lot less skill to be good with pit than with other characters. I'm NOT saying that Pit requires no skill to play, because thats not true, but he's simply much much easier to use than other characters.

There really is no aruging with this. When we play anyone, regardless of skill, can pick up Pit, and while they might not win, they will usually do much better than they do with any other random character. I guess thats why he can be called "cheap"., and yea he probably is. It just doesn't take the same amount of skill to get as good with Pit to get to the same skill level with another character.

He's just like sheik or marth was in meele. He requires skill to be "great" with, but can be pretty **** "good" without any skill whatsoever, which most other characters can't be.

napZzz

Smash Hero
yes hes cheap. Noobs go straight to him because he has abusable recovery for kids that dont know how to get back on stage cheap moves, I swear to ****ing god every time I hear HIYAYAYAYAYAYA!!!! from pit I hurt whoever is playing him and you just need to do some button mashin. Getting close to someone with him then mashing a for some crappy combo that makes them think they are good and then throwing out random smashes is cheap. Spamming his arrows is another thing I see which is VERY cheap because they come out fast and can be spammed soooooo easily. His reflector is pointless and does nothing but piss people off. He takes no skill to play. When we first got brawl my friend used to beat my lucas non stop but now I can just **** him because of how predictable pit is when you play him enough and how its not that hard to get past his cheap moves and kill him. Seriously, just about every pit you play against will start the match with arrows. Then they come up and either over b or mash a. After that they usually back off and jump away. Throw out one of his extremely gay taunts and then spam another arrow and repeat the process. Seriously, hes not that good its pretty easy to beat him everybody. His range isnt that great and all it will take is someone who can take in projectiles like g&w or lucas to stop his arrows and be able to work around his crappy close up game. Your friends must suck if they lose to you when they play pit. IN CONCLUSION spending 30 minutes with pit aka cheapest character in the game next to marth can make anyone think they are good and proceed to try to own their friends with the mnost annoying and gayyyyyyyyyyyyyest characters in the game. Predictable and weak, thy name is pit. Feel free to flame me on my fantastically true article NOOBS

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
Pit IS NOT cheap. His arrows and recovery may be annoying, but each of those can be countered pretty easily. The arrows can easily be countered with a dodge roll or sheild and hitting Pit with any kind of projectile while he has blue wings dooms him. Pit's pretty easy to use which is why most people get angry when they lose because they're playing with harder characters. (I see this more often in first time smashers or people who don't play the game often) I don't even play Pit, but he's not really that cheap.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Pit IS NOT cheap. His arrows and recovery may be annoying, but each of those can be countered pretty easily. The arrows can easily be countered with a dodge roll or sheild and hitting Pit with any kind of projectile while he has blue wings dooms him. Pit's pretty easy to use which is why most people get angry when they lose because they're playing with harder characters. (I see this more often in first time smashers or people who don't play the game often) I don't even play Pit, but he's not really that cheap.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

[n00bjoke]Pits way good![/n00bjoke]

00Sn8k

Smash Cadet
Lol, same thing happened to me when I picked Meta-knight. I played with him once and since he's an easy guy to pick up and use, I ***** but got tired and went back to my main. My friend tried him and was like "Oh snap!" even though he didn't win... He just did slightly better but that's besides the point. So anyway, he tried him again after that when he and I 1-on-1'd on final destination and he got *****. I mean, I usually don't like to brag but @#$% that was ownage. He hadn't use him since then, hes been using Marth and Pit *Marth is his main* and I usually tell people that I know "Just because someone can own with a character or is good with him or her doesn't mean that character is better than everyone else nor does that mean that that character is for you".

VEC

Smash Journeyman
Pit is cheap, his recovery owns, projectiles, smashes, aerials, his only drawback is he can't kill at low percentage

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Pit is easy to use well and that is what makes him seem cheap. No character is cheap in the sense that they are overpowering. I used to hate Pit but then I played with him, and learned his weaknesses. The best way to learn how to beat someone is think like them. No character in this game is overpowering in my opinion (though some a better then others). Eventually your brother and other people you play with will figure out Pit's weaknesses.

aznpercussionboy

Smash Cadet
I say yes he's cheap. It's too hard to suicide. People have to knock him totally out, since PIT can always get back to the stage.

WakerofWinds

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sydrael
3DS FC
4699-5989-8229
For everyone saying Pit is cheap, they're wrong. He IS pretty much a noob character, but in the right hands he isn't bad.

ALSO if he's easy to kill HE ISN'T CHEAP.

In noob hands he's okay, he's one of the easier characters to control, but in the hands of somebody who knows how to use him I'd like to see you beat them. Pit is made to be unpredictable, but it's easy to fall into a routine with him, get over it.

KrazyKaiju

Smash Cadet
Haha, it's funny you made a thread for this. I was just playing my friend the other day (who was only playing Brawl for two days). He loves Pit, and we both agree that Pit is severely overpowered. I don't get angry at my friend or at Pit. We just acknowledge - or rather, "believe" - he is cheap. The reasons we believe this are so:

1. His swords give him pretty decent priority.

2. His vertical recovery (UP-B) and horizontal (glide) are phenomenal.

3. His arrows move mad fast, don't need much time to charge, and can be controlled manually. The only drawback is that they can't be held forever, but that was never an issue in any of our battles.

4. He has TWO - repeat - TWO reflecting moves. His Forward-B and his Down-B. The forward is even worse because it's a literal Wall of Pain! Unless you have a sword, a whip, or grenades, it's tough to get past. Guns won't solve the problem, that's for sure. **Note that no other character (I believe) has TWO reflectors**

The only "drawback" we thought of was a lack of knockback, but I didn't think that was an issue at all. Pit can rack up some serious damage, so that issue is almost nonexistent.

Yes, in my opinion, Pit is cheap. I feign to use him because I'm a nonconformist.

Please note that I'm not trying to bash Pit players in any way by writing this post. I respect any player regardless of his/her character choice. Pit just...offers a different challenge. :)

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Yeah Marth is the n00biest character in the game. Yet at the same time veteran players also understand that past his cheapness lies the highest potential in the game, and therefore the biggest challenge in the game.

Antinillus

Smash Rookie
Pit's not cheap. He is really a hybrid of a whole bunch of characters. He has the Mirror Shield and Angel Ring to deflect projectiles, but they don't protect his back, so they're not as good as the Space Animals'. His recovery is good, but has several major flaws (notably if hit while using Wings of Icarus he falls), making it not as good as some other characters'. His arrows are very spammable, but also very easily dodged or reflected. He is the perfect hybrid, but lacks the most defining characteristics of every move that he draws on.

Mortabis

Smash Rookie
I don't think Pit is cheap any more than another character. His mirror shield is fairly hard to use and his ^B kills him when facing another character with good projectiles, like Snake, Link, Samus, Olimar, Ness, or another Pit.

On small maps the arrows are nigh useless, and his >B may seem cheap but in a team game your partner can just whack pit in the back or an opportunist can do the same in FFA. And this isn't just a matter of "could", it does happen.

Pit is a good character, but there's no need to flame him as cheap. And to finish it off, the arrows take skill to use. They may be spammable, but there's some actual skill going into making them hit. That trumps all apparent cheapness.

Mortabis

Smash Rookie
No character is for noobs. In the Melee tournaments there were people who played every character, and I would not call someone in a tournament a noob.

More formally, given the postulate someone in a tournament is not a noob and axiom (not sure whether this is an axiom or theorem actually) each character has been at one point played by someone in a tournament, we may therefore conclude that the set of all noob characters has no members.

QED.

EDIT: forgot another axiom: A character is a noob character if and only if it is played solely by noobs.

Xepa

Smash Rookie
Haha, it's funny you made a thread for this. I was just playing my friend the other day (who was only playing Brawl for two days). He loves Pit, and we both agree that Pit is severely overpowered. I don't get angry at my friend or at Pit. We just acknowledge - or rather, "believe" - he is cheap. The reasons we believe this are so:

1. His swords give him pretty decent priority.

2. His vertical recovery (UP-B) and horizontal (glide) are phenomenal.

3. His arrows move mad fast, don't need much time to charge, and can be controlled manually. The only drawback is that they can't be held forever, but that was never an issue in any of our battles.

4. He has TWO - repeat - TWO reflecting moves. His Forward-B and his Down-B. The forward is even worse because it's a literal Wall of Pain! Unless you have a sword, a whip, or grenades, it's tough to get past. Guns won't solve the problem, that's for sure. **Note that no other character (I believe) has TWO reflectors**

The only "drawback" we thought of was a lack of knockback, but I didn't think that was an issue at all. Pit can rack up some serious damage, so that issue is almost nonexistent.

Yes, in my opinion, Pit is cheap. I feign to use him because I'm a nonconformist.

Please note that I'm not trying to bash Pit players in any way by writing this post. I respect any player regardless of his/her character choice. Pit just...offers a different challenge. :)

Yah, Pit is pretty cheap. Low learning curve too. His
kill potential is pretty decent considering how much
damage he can rack.

I'm not complaining thoguh, it just means more potential
for Pit as high Tier, mwahhaah.

NekoBoy085

Smash Apprentice
Pit is so overpowered, I have a field day killing them with Lucario :3 But then I guess Lucario is God. Same with Diddy too D:

All my character's are cheap ):

Mario is definitely cheap as well D:

The seizureboi

Smash Cadet
He has the Mirror Shield and Angel Ring to deflect projectiles, but they don't protect his back,
actually the side B can reflect projectiles being shot at your back. It's a small area but not too small it happens quite frequently in pit vs. pit.

A2xA

Smash Cadet
After looking around the boards there is a "help with pit" topic in every character specific board. It's not really tat he is cheap he is just d*mn annoying. He has a low learning curve which pisses me off because people think they're really good if they can spam arrows and side b. It just takes a little longer to learn to counter pit, but he is my least favorite character in the game just because it's getting old everyone maining him and abusing him.

No disrespects toward the better pit players/mainers.

NekoBoy085

Smash Apprentice
of course he is!

Cape to turn around any projectile and attack at will
Up B now has KO potential
Edgeguarding easily without even damaging with his water gun
Jumps huge distances and can use cape to recover
Has too many KO moves in: Up B, FSmash, USmash, NAir, BAir
Not to mention a meteor smash with FAir! And on top of that he can edgeguard below the stage with his fireballs!

Mario is mega, super, grossly cheap! I don't think there is even a way to beat a good mario Player

How can you not take me seriously? I'm just acting like -NaPPy he's my hero!

G&W is also a noob char as well. I picked him up just for ****s and giggles for 6 matches and owned every room! How can someone NOT own with G&W?

:lick:

Gr8

Smash Rookie
Seriously, hes not that good its pretty easy to beat him everybody.
So you call him cheap then say hes easy to beat... not really that cheap then is he, annoying maybe but not cheap.

Pit the archangel

Smash Rookie
Really.?
Well...I get that sometimes too, but it's *really* only cheap if you keep doing the
cheap moves (^___^)
Just taunt...."You're not ready yet!" (^___^)
Hehehe....but sometimes if they're just being a jerk I spam stuff like crazy XD
But otherwise, I play rather honorably with Pit....wait, what are we talking about again?
Heheh people just like making excuses *Shrugs* It's in human nature (^.^)

Top Bottom