• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pit and kirby in dubz

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
hi boards, im conducting research with other character boards who i believe would be a great dubz character for pit. please post ur thoughts and opinions as this will help me pick a dubz partner boost both chars dubz potential. here is what i see from this team.

pros:
main thing is that when kirby has pit's arrows, when he draws an arrow and holds it, pit can shoot straight arrows over kirby and thus you create the ULTIMATE camping game.

kirby with arrows alone is fearsome.

these two's grab game combo hella and set up for kills.

pit or kirby if he has arrows can arrow plank and stock tank for the other while the other is then effectively able to do 2v1.

both have amazing recoveries

kirby with arrows is the ultimate gimping machine

please discuss ur opinions and thoughts here!

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Hmm, I think Pit and Kirby is okay. Not too good, but nowhere near bad. Kirby can't plank well at all, we don't have a good enough uair like Pit's to keep people away from the ledge at times so that hurts the team's ledge game. I can't think of any team-specific things for Kirby and Pit off the top of my head besides that arrow spam bit you posted where Pit shoots arrows while behind Kirby since they don't hit him, so in my opinion it's just an okay team.

Triple R

Smash Lord
Done this team many times. It's a pretty good team. It's more than just "okay." They both can live forever with their recoveries, and Pit should never get gimped if you are on a stage where he can go under. If pit literally sits on one side of the stage and pelts people with arrows, it messes up the opponents. They can't finish combos or followup up properly. Both character have fast attacks which is good to have in teams. This team could be hard to beat, but I've never seen anyone pull it off well.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
when kirby has arrows he can plank. it's called arrow planking and u with ur 6 jumps can just hover off the edge out of reach and pelt arrows. that is why this team can have either one planking. also like triple R said arrows mess opponents up and both of these characters could play the part of the planker so long as kirby has arrows.

also in theory pit can continue ur fthrow stuff with his WOI catch and ur fthrow at kill percents combos into our bair.

more input guys? it would be most appreciated

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
I'd input if I had anything to say but I haven't ever used this team.

Though I would tend to agree w/ RRR since that's how I'd view this team.

And both wouldn't plank because who is the distraction? If you don't have a distraction, they'll focus on Kirby and **** him off the ledge.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
no i meant they can take turns between the 1 planking and the other doing 2v1 combat. never at the same time tho like u said.

woi catching (wings of icarus catching) is an advanced pit tactic. our WOI's wind box stops all momentum of whoever it touches. for example pit is above kirby. kirby is hit by fox's usmash at 100%. pit uses woi and instead of kirby dying he stops moving and then starts to decend back to the stage from where-ever pit used woi and in a perfectly controlled fashion.

kinda like when sheik's 2nd part of her up b stops the opponent from flying off when they are hit with the first part assuming she appears where they were flying. anyways i appreciate the active discussion going on keep it up

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
WOI sounds like it'd be super fun in avoiding kills. Are there any good Pits that actually can pull it off consistently in doubles? That'd be sick.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
no i meant they can take turns between the 1 planking and the other doing 2v1 combat. never at the same time tho like u said.

woi catching (wings of icarus catching) is an advanced pit tactic. our WOI's wind box stops all momentum of whoever it touches. for example pit is above kirby. kirby is hit by fox's usmash at 100%. pit uses woi and instead of kirby dying he stops moving and then starts to decend back to the stage from where-ever pit used woi and in a perfectly controlled fashion.

kinda like when sheik's 2nd part of her up b stops the opponent from flying off when they are hit with the first part assuming she appears where they were flying. anyways i appreciate the active discussion going on keep it up
If by 'perfectly controlled' you mean can't do anything until they hit the ground and can't tech, then yes.

Don't get me wrong, it is useful for avoiding kills, if the opponent knows about it they can just follow up with a second kill move. I personally find it better for extending combos, like what you said with Fthrow (Although I would think Dthrow>WOI catch>Kirby Dsmash/Fsmash would be better).
Mario's FLUDD has the same properties and is really fun to use in teams.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
im a good pit that can pull this off 1v1 on opponents like snake (stop his c4 recovery in its tracks) so im sure in dubz it'd be no problem. anyways besides the woi trick im talking about (and props for mentioning the kill combos fromundaman) what else can yall think of? and again thx for participating in this. oh also woi makes all jab locks infinite and kirby gots a jab lock. would u like me to post the video link to prove this?

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Not that I necessarily want proof, but I would like to see it in action.

Are you going to WHOBO?

Triple R

Smash Lord
The jab lock makes sense, I don't need a video for proof. I can imagine it in my head, and it should work. Nothing too special. I personally like Ganondorf's gerudo into Kirby jab lock better since Ganondorf can then kill at really low %'s.

I don't really know of any great trips for this team though.

Random thought.. If a Kirby grabs someone and upthrows them while Pit uses his wings, will it push them away as the throw activates?

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
idk about that uthrow thing but ill try and test it soon

but i can tell you that an easy jab lock set up is kirby f-throw>pit wingstool (footstool into woi so that he lands much faster)>jab lock-age.

and yes ill be at whobo

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
does any1 else have input on this? im gonna check this tonight and if not then thank you kirby boards for your participation in this research. i will try and get some videos of this team if it works out the way i hope it does. also if any1 else tries this and get's footage please pm me so that i can add that to my doubles research section.

:):):)

Top Bottom