• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

piranha plant...

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
alright, so i don't entirely understand what i have to do to ensure i get this character for my game... if anyone else understood it, could you explain it to me?

i was planning on getting the physical copy of the game, but if i want the character i have to register something... eh, could someone explain that to me in detail?

like, what do i do, and when? do i have to order a physical copy from nintendo themselves, or something?

it sounds easier to just pre-order the digital game on the e-shop... but how big is this game?

i checked my switch's free space and it only has a bit over 20GB of space... i don't even have any digital games taking up space, so... that isn't much to work with, and i have a feeling it won't be NEARLY enough for this game.

i'm actually kinda panicking cause i want to ENSURE i get this character... i dunno why they made it so you can permanently miss out on piranha plant, instead of just making it a DLC purchase like everything else...

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
1. Pirahna Plant being "limited time" isn't the character itself but him being free is "limited time" after the time period is up you have to pay for him.

2. Smash Bros. Ultimate is 13.4 GB of storage or something like that.

3. All you have to do to get the Plant if you get Physical is register your copy of the game through My.Nintendo. You can do this by 1. having a my nintendo account created and 2. once you insert the cart, press + on the games icon, scroll down to "My Nintendo Rewards Program" and then proceed to register. They will send you a download code via the e-mail your My Nintendo account is registered under.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
wait, so the only limited offer is it being free?

where was that mentioned? it sounded like the character itself was limited to me... but maybe i was too caught up in it and missed something.

i'd rather get the physical copy, so i guess i'll have to create a "my nintendo" account... what is that whole thing about, anyway? am i gonna be bombarded with junk mail?

man, i feel old and out of touch, not understanding this stuff...

Crystanium

Smash Hero

where was that mentioned? it sounded like the character itself was limited to me... but maybe i was too caught up in it and missed something.

i'd rather get the physical copy, so i guess i'll have to create a "my nintendo" account... what is that whole thing about, anyway? am i gonna be bombarded with junk mail?

Don't feel old and out of touch. When the whole Spirits mode and stuff were being explained, they did seem a tad confusing. When it came to the Pirahna Plant limited offer, that's when I tried focusing on what that meant. So yeah, Pirahna Plant is free for a limited time, but you can buy him if you miss out on the free offer.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133

on the official site here : https://smashbros.nintendo.com/buy/

It says - "Piranha Plant will also be available as paid DLC (separate from Fighters Pass content) at a later time."

https://my.nintendo.com/

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
He's free if you pre-order, otherwise you gotta pay for him.
It says - "Piranha Plant will also be available as paid DLC (separate from Fighters Pass content) at a later time."
Oh snap! So he's NOT one of the five in the Fighters Pass?

Last edited:

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
alright, thanks for clearing things up for me, everyone.

i feel a bit better now, knowing i won't miss out on anything if i don't do that stuff.

the piranha plant was definitely a surprising character, though.

out of everyone, THAT seems like the most obvious choice for an assist trophy.

i love the little callback to the first SSE boss battle by having its final smash be petey piranha. :D

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I wasn't sure at first too. It wasnt fully clear in the direct.

I'm glad it's free so long as we register before january

also, interesting pick

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
It seems a lot easier to get PP digitally than physically. Anyone know how I can get a physical copy as well as PP?

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
it was poorly explained in the video, it does make it seem like it is exclusive to preorder.

and no this is not one of the 5 characters

Tinfoil

Smash Cadet
You have to buy a venus flytrap, name it Audrey II, and feed it human blood. Then, and only then, can you use Piranha Plant.

Or you could just register your game on my nintendo. Whichever one is more convenient for you.

$.A.F.

Smash Journeyman
You have to buy a venus flytrap, name it Audrey II, and feed it human blood. Then, and only then, can you use Piranha Plant.

Or you could just register your game on my nintendo. Whichever one is more convenient for you.
This is stupid.......

The Piranha Plant (if male) must be named S N A P P I B O I instead of Audrey. If said plant happens to be non binary, they shall be named Piranha Plant #69420. Also, the Piranha Plant cannot survive on mere blood alone. The blood must first be diluted by the tears of Isaac and Shadow fans to make it edible for the Plant. Also the human blood must be from non believers only, to feed it the blood of a believer would be to feed human flesh to a baby. And finally, you left out the one place where Piranha Plant may grow, the corpse of a Waluigi Fan or their hopes and dreams (either is suitable but only the latter is legal). I can’t believe you have forsaken such vital information in thy post.

Last edited:
Top Bottom