• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Piplup counts for swim distance!!!

Wildman94

Smash Apprentice
Hello, fellow smashers. I just played a Brawl match with only Poke Balls on on Final Destination. In the end of the battle, I used a Piplup to win the brawl. But, once I exited the Winner screen, I was directed to the Challenges screen and was told that I unlocked the Kapp'n trophy. Now, the requirement for this trophy is a certain amount of swimming distance. But, I was playing on Final Destination!! How could I possibly swim?!?! Well, it was then that I realized getting caught in Piplup's Surf is technically swimming. This is because you are traveling in the water Piplup generates.

In short, contrary to popular belief, getting caught in Piplup's Surf counts for swim distance.

Can anyone verify this??

salaboB

Smash Champion
I think you just ended your post with this because you're used to doing so, even when there's really nothing to discuss in it. It would have made far more sense to end with "Can anyone verify this?" or some other similar expression than to ask for discussion on something that's effectively a statement of fact.

...that's about all I could find to discuss :p

Wildman94

Smash Apprentice
I think you just ended your post with this because you're used to doing so, even when there's really nothing to discuss in it. It would have made far more sense to end with "Can anyone verify this?" or some other similar expression than to ask for discussion on something that's effectively a statement of fact.

...that's about all I could find to discuss :p
You are actually 100% right :laugh:

Fine, I'll change it.

Bone64

Smash Cadet
Wow, that's weird. Are you sure? Maybe it's a glitch. I don't think Piplup helps you with the challenge.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Maybe you swam in an online game, rebooted the game, and then played this game. Brawl is really weird about rewarding stuff that was attained in online games.

Wildman94

Smash Apprentice
Maybe you swam in an online game, rebooted the game, and then played this game. Brawl is really weird about rewarding stuff that was attained in online games.
Actually, I've never played in an online game on the save file I'm using :chuckle:.

Besides, wouldn't it make sense that piplup dragging you with water would count as swimming? :chuckle:

Pi

Smash Hero
If that's the case, then I wonder if squirtles surf or water gun/fludd would count as any swim distance!?
Test that ****! Doesn't it show you your swim distance at the end of the match if you cycle through the match data? If not just remember the swim distance for 1 char, hit them with a FLUDD or squirital spit and re-check it.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Wouldn't suprise me. I unlocked Sonic before Ness because I had 30,000 feet of "walking distance" just by running CD factories (ie, the conveyer belt was passing under 4 characters' feet for a long period of time).

Top Bottom