• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikmin cause decay?

Polish Rifle

Smash Cadet
I was playing a 1v1 match the other day and I was getting a lot of pikmin to latch onto my opponent. I was wondering, when they use a smash to get the pikmin off of them, does that contribute to their move decay?

Puddin

Smash Lord
Good question..

I don't have an absolute answer backed up by facts for you, but my assumption would be no.

Because Smash Attacks only decay when hitting your opponent, and since technically they are simply Smashing the air which happens to knock off the Pikmin as well I would say no.

Who does this? Using a smash attack is a bad way to get Pikmin off, unless it's fast an reliable otherwise tell them to use tilts or something with less lag.

asob4

Smash Champion
when ever you hit any kind of hurtbox (balloon, pillar on weegee's) you decay one move and restore the other ones.

pikmin also fall into the category since they have a set amount of life and have anhurtbox

or so i think lol

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
Are you guys kidding?
It does not decay anything at all.
Ignore how the game works. It doesn't. Please use your KO moves on the latched pikmin though.

Gaussis

Smash Ace
How are you sure? Do you have any evidence? I don't think you are convincing anyone with that post.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Guess I'm a bit slow too, I'm not entirely sure if that was sarcasm. FILL ME IN PL0X.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Umm...I'll ignore the previous posts...

*sigh* this is in my pikmin throwing guide. Yes, when you attack a pikmin it decays your moves. When you latch a pikmin, it decays pikmin throw, thus increasing the strength on your other attacks. Same thing goes when you hit a baloon, like Skank said. It doesn't apply for when you hit Zelda's din's fire though for some reason.

<3 blackwaltz

no homo

Rocann

Smash Lord
Umm...I'll ignore the previous posts...

*sigh* this is in my pikmin throwing guide. Yes, when you attack a pikmin it decays your moves. When you latch a pikmin, it decays pikmin throw, thus increasing the strength on your other attacks. Same thing goes when you hit a baloon, like Skank said. It doesn't apply for when you hit Zelda's din's fire though for some reason.

<3 blackwaltz

no homo
because din's fire is an attack, you don't decay moves when you clank with things. it doesn't have a hurtbox; it just acts like a really disjointed attack

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
What do you mean? It doesn't cause decay and certainly five hitboxes are the same as one.

Not that hitboxes do anything!

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
This has to stop. All you guys do is spam. Why do you only use the same attack over and over?

Polish Rifle

Smash Cadet
There seems to be confusion because posters are talking about one of two things:

1. Does latching pikmin on decay Olimar's moves

and

2. Does latching pikmin on decay the opponents moves when they knock the pikmin off

My original question was about no. 2. I still don't know the answer after all this sarcasm.

Snail

Smash Lord
The answer is yes, it decays your moves. We want you to believe otherwise, though, so you won't refrain from using your KO moves to remove pikmin.

Polish Rifle

Smash Cadet
I guess I didn't know the terminology "hitbox" or "hurtbox." I've seen some people use smash moves to remove multiple pikmin at once.

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
iv been wondering this to. also im guessing that waddle dees decay the moves as well right and other things like that(pillars,ballon,gordo's)?

Top Bottom