• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikmin and Olimar's Final Smash: End of Day

SolidSnake27

Smash Cadet
Wait, I went back and edited my thread to say they should delete it when all you say is "discuss"?

Ugh.

You, sir, have 'fail' written in your DNA.

Anyway, in Pikmin, the night is a time to be feared, the time when all of the predators of the "Distant Planet"run rampant. Olimar at this time returns to the safety of the planet's orbit, and you see any pikmin you left behind being devoured or attacked by the predators.

The only logical conclusion seems to be that Olimar evacuates while the monsters of the world attack the other players.

The Final Smash does have a very ominous name though.

Lol.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
The screen get's dark, Olimar goes to his ship and flies away. The creatures from Pikmin will attack you from every spot until the sun ries again. That's what I'm thinking.

SolidSnake27

Smash Cadet
Or.....

END OF DAYZ!!!!

Omfg!

Olimar sprouts horns and cackles evilly while his Pikmin swarm his opponents and rend flesh from their bones.

The ground splits open and Satan rules the Earth.... err... "Distant Planet".

Royboy

Smash Apprentice
i think that olimar will fly away on the dolphin, then all the monsters will attack the other players. Like Bulborbs, Dweevils(the spider-like things), Snagrets(bird-snake) and Blowhogs(fiery and water-blowing pigs).

IllidR

Smash Champion
I'm disappointed with this thread, all it says is discuss... didn't even offer any insight on what the Final Smash could be.

Anyway, this will obviously have to do something with large Pikmin enemies appearing on the stage that will attack Olimar's enemies. Well during this time he might fly away and direct them in some way or he might stay there and battle along side the barrage of bulorbs and whatever enemies may appear.

Also, I am saddened that is final smash is not "Megazord."

MetaKnightRules5

Smash Cadet
i know what it might be. Olimar flies to the top of the screen in his space ship and pikmin fliy all around the stage damaging everyone in sight.

Cranberry Rogue

Smash Journeyman
Me and a friend firmly believe that a bunch of giant bugs will come out and wreck havoc upon the stage. During this, an army of Pikmin will climb atop one another and form a Pikmin Megazord which will chase around said bugs and trample over all of the characters on the stage.

Multiple Giga Bowsers, ftw.

Talendime

Smash Ace
You're kidding right? Haven't you played Pikmin? Everyone who has should know exactly what happens at the end of the day, and it's not an *** load of pikmin staying behind to battle.

I played pikmin when it first came out on the GCN, and not only did I think it was by far the most ******** game I've ever played, I also do not remember what happened at the end of each day..

But I like the idea of a swarm of little pikmins better than those giant bugs..

Herr Vorragend

Smash Cadet
I'm absolutely sure, that the Dolphin appears, because in the german Version its called "Sternenfahrt" . In english this would be called "Starride".

Yigguth

Smash Journeyman
I played pikmin when it first came out on the GCN, and not only did I think it was by far the most ******** game I've ever played, I also do not remember what happened at the end of each day..

But I like the idea of a swarm of little pikmins better than those giant bugs..
Just because you suck at it doesn't mean it sucks. Pikmin 1 was just OKAY, Pikmin 2 was 100 times better, and you obviously have never played it (I'm assuming anyways)
Besides, if you dislike Pikmin so much why even bother coming to the Pikmin Board to discuss Pikmin in the first place?

Herr Vorragend

Smash Cadet
alta, les mal was ich 1 stunde vor dir geschriebn habe -.-

Well, on the French Dojo its "Crépuscule" which means dusk.

Hopefully, unless it's Shiek's special moves ;-:
No need to update a veteran's special moves unless they have changed in some way (Mario, Link) or if there is something new to point out (Fox, Kirby).

I agree with the idea that enemies will attack as Pikmin & Olimar evacuate the stage. Hopefully Sakurai felt it ok to stray slightly from the canon and include enemies that don't normally appear at dusk like that, like Emperor Bulbax.

Talendime

Smash Ace
Just because you suck at it doesn't mean it sucks.
Who said I sucked at it? For all you know, I've beaten it 500 times.

Pikmin 1 was just OKAY,
I didn't think so :urg:

Pikmin 2 was 100 times better, and you obviously have never played it (I'm assuming anyways)
You assume correctly, but I'll take your word for it ;)

Besides, if you dislike Pikmin so much why even bother coming to the Pikmin Board to discuss Pikmin in the first place?
Because this board isn't about Pikmin; it's about Super Smash Bros. and it's featured characters. So there.

AfroThunder396

Smash Cadet
Night falls across the stage. Olimar beams up into the Dolphin and breifly leaves the stage. Bulborbs come from everywhere, flooding the stage and completely ****** everyone. After 5-10 seconds, the sun comes across the stage causing the bulborbs to scatter. The Dolphin then lands and Olimar rejoins the battle.

Talendime

Smash Ace
Night falls across the stage. Olimar beams up into the Dolphin and breifly leaves the stage. Bulborbs come from everywhere, flooding the stage and completely ****** everyone. After 5-10 seconds, the sun comes across the stage causing the bulborbs to scatter. The Dolphin then lands and Olimar rejoins the battle.

The only reason I can't quite picture this happening yet is because of stages like Lylat Cruise and Battleship Halberd. Like, where's the sun?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Gosh, I can't believe I didn't think of the end of the day! I'm so glad it isn't just a bunch of pikmin going loco on screen.

I wonder if the end of the music shall accompany it....I hope so. :grin:

Talendine, there wouldn't need to be a sun it could get dark at the start of the final smash then when it's over and olimar comes back it could return to normal brightness.

AtomicBucket

Smash Rookie
Crazy madness is what that is.
How does Sakurai come up with this stuff?

Well, it'll be awesome, none the less. I wonder if the big bug/frog/mushroom things will be AT's... That'd be cool...

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
ONIONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION!

In the end of the day in the Pikmin games, Olimar, [Louie], and the Pikmin got back in their ships and went back flying above the planet. I'd imagine the ship and onions would do something, like crash into the stage.

Beasts coming and munching on the players is also a good one. I'd love to see Lucas get squished by a jumping toad or blasted by a blowhog.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
All of the characters other than Pikmin and Olimar turn into devils. Olimar flies away when Arnold Schwarzenegger blows them all away with a combination of explosives and bullets.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
A lot of you have obviously never played Pikmin. "End of Day" obviously referenced what happened at Sunset in the games. Lots of Bulborbs and other enemies come onto the stage and eat everyone.

I'm a little sad about this one. Another summon FS? I was personally hoping for a spicy/bitter spray combo FS. That would have been so much more original and fitting. Meh. Oh well. I'm starting to think that I'm going to play with FS's off, too...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
End of Day..

At first, I was like hmm... but a moment later, I figured out exactly how it will work.

Olimar and the Pikmin get into the Dolphin and fly away, and it turns to night. Bulborbs, snitchbugs, blowhogs, wollypogs, and any other critter then wander onto the stage and KOs Olimar's opponents.

I love this idea.

Pkaz01

Smash Cadet
Hope it's strong.. The name sounds really really interesting. Sounds like a name of a scary movie or something.

Yigguth

Smash Journeyman
Because this board isn't about Pikmin; it's about Super Smash Bros. and it's featured characters. So there.
Alright, you do have a point here, but it's just remarks like "pikmin is ********" that are bound to start some arguments. I tried my hardest to hold back my nerd rage :s

assassinX105

Smash Apprentice
I'm disappointed with this thread, all it says is discuss... didn't even offer any insight on what the Final Smash could be.

Anyway, this will obviously have to do something with large Pikmin enemies appearing on the stage that will attack Olimar's enemies. Well during this time he might fly away and direct them in some way or he might stay there and battle along side the barrage of bulorbs and whatever enemies may appear.

Also, I am saddened that is final smash is not "Megazord."
I'm pretty sure you were the only person who want it to be that

Thedude3445

Smash Apprentice
His will be one of two things:

1. Olimar flies away with the Pikmin, then tons of giant Pikmin enemies attack the opponents, preferably the Raging Long legs and Bulbaxes.

2. Olimar flies in his rocket away, then zooms back down on the stage, and you can control the rocket, crashing into people and shooting lasers. When it's over, the ship will explode and 30 pieces of the ship will be lying around for people to pick up (As big as boxes) and dodge with, but they dissapear after 30 seconds. This one seems easier to code, and more fun.

TheMirrorTwin

Smash Cadet
Remember, all the final smashes we have seen so far have been fairly quick. Olimar's final smash could be him flying away and monster's attacking the stage, though it seems like that could be a long animation.

I mean he would have to get in the ship, fly away, then monsters come. Seems like a long smash.

Maybe he flies away on his ship in a warp star like fasion, the screen goes black (like what tokepee did occasionally in melee) and all players just take damage. Then the screen comes back and Olimar lands.

This version could be quick, would avoid the problem of making monsters apear, yet still have an edge in the mystery of the darkness.

That is what I think, but who knows.

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
The most likely is what most people have said:

Olimar flies away in his Rocket, with the Pikmin in there onions, and then a bunch of Bulborbs, Blowhogs, Snitchbugs, and other creatures come and attack your opponets (by eating or hurting them)

Top Bottom