• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pika's Moonwalk (name still pending) w/ Vid link in 1st post

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
Ok I was just playing around with pika and found somethin interesting

First do a run past the initial dash animation

Then hit the control stick the opposite direction to start that laggy turn.

Next wait until the turn starts to run then hit the control stick again back forward

Example facing left:

Run left, turn right and before you start to run turn left again

Jump b4 the run picks up momentum and hold left

Ur momentum should carry you to the left but you'll be facing backwards as if you dash jumped that way.

Pichu can do it too

I'm sorry if my explanation is a little shaky...

It's not done quite the same as moonwalking and it doesn't result in pika sliding backwards if he doesn't jump

so what the hell should this be called?

D. Disciple was kind enough to make a video of this being done so you guys could see it

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FeuPyWsFdIE

D. Disciple

Smash Master
You know something, I always do the laggy turn a lot with Pika but never thought of jumping. It works if you keep doing the laggy turn too, mind game tactic or flashyness, you decide.

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
You know something, I always do the laggy turn a lot with Pika but never thought of jumping. It works if you keep doing the laggy turn too, mind game tactic or flashyness, you decide.
If you keep doing the turn you jump facing forward though...

What I'm talking about gives you momentum flying backwards

Depending on how you time the second turn, you can get some pretty good distance on it

It goes a little further than his normal dash jump

D. Disciple

Smash Master
I now see a way to get bair-reverse tailspikes useful than the ledge drop to uair tail spike. Good find man! You make it possible for pika to gimp so many ways.

Edit - Okay, I've been practicing this a lot and it does have some actual uses that you can incorporate into your game play.

You can use this as an edge hog tactic too, or you can use it to cancel to grab the edge and just drop with it into a nair, bair or fair (if you want to mess with your opponent.) Uair would set them up into edgeguarding position since it will flick them over your body instead of spiking them. So if they are a Falcon or Ganondorf, go right ahead and use it.

I say you basically should use this if you bthrow them off the stage and they go far enough to get you prepared for it, or if you hit them with a fsmash. If you use bthrow try it out on YS since it's a lot easier for you to get set up to try it out since they opponent goes pretty far. Bair is the easiest aerial to pull out the minute you jump too, since you're facing behind them, and Bair has pretty good knock back. Dair works well too. Those are the two I like to use this with right now, with the amount I've been practicing.

Sudai

Stuff here
This sounds so sexy. I'm not getting very good distance out of it myself though. Usually just about as far as my dash jump goes. If anyone could record it with a really good distance, I'd love you. : )

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
Well I get mine to go further than a dash jump

I can start mine from a little past the middle of FD and edgehog with it

I don't have video capture anymore though...

That's why I haven't released another yellow rat ******* either...

Sorry guys

D. Disciple

Smash Master
I can do it just as well to, Scissors Sir. I can put up a vid, I do it in some matches too. Meta calls this sticky walk, or whatever.

It looks more like a whip than him moonwalking.

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
Lol D I think we're the only two that care about this :pikachu:

Anyways I don't think it can be called stickywalking either cuz he's not walking slower after he does it

In fact he jumps as soon as you initiate it

Which makes me still wonder what the heck should it be called....

Oh and btw did you start the demo vid?

D. Disciple

Smash Master
starting it now. I gotta wait though, I'm working on other vids and 2nd half of Denko to Kaminari 2. I need a song for the 2nd half of the vid and a song for this one.

Edit - Alright I'm rendering the vid right now, I got me doing it with a full jump and short hopping it and then doing it up close, trying to do it at half speed, and me doing it with the bunny hood on. So yeah, expect this up soon.

Edit Edit - K the vid is done. I'm editing it right now.

N64

Smash Champion
I've been busy lately, haven't gotten to try it out. Sounds super awesome though. Should be useful for the occasional interesting combo.

Anther

Smash Champion
Holy crap this is the coolest thing I've ever seen in Smash Bros. I'm just going to type 4 *'s after this sentence to insert any random blocked word for amazing that you want to put there. ****!

Sweet instructional Vid Discipe =]

N64

Smash Champion
ok ok, i got around to trying it out.

takes forever to set up, doesn't really allow for much (except weirdo bairs and sweet uair reverse spikes of someone super high up).

but it looks FREAKIN AWESOME. I love stuff that manipulates sticky walking. good find indeed!

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
The first turn you don't start until you've ran past the initial dash phase...

After you do the first turn, you don't start the second turn until you started to actually turn around.

You'll know your doing the second turn right if it takes longer to start than normal

It's like pika briefly goes into a state where he's not moving

If you see pika turn twice you're doing it wrong

So it's turn -> wait for pika to turn around -> start second turn -> jump b4 momentum from second turn actually turns you around

festizzio

Smash Champion
Just tried this out today, and I gotta say it looks reaaaaally cool. It's called the fear walk by the way, there's already a name for it. I don't know where Phanna came up with Echo Slide. A ganondorf player that lives somewhere in socal does it a lot apparently.

PsychopathicEmus

Smash Journeyman
hmm...sorry but i dont see how i'd incorporate this into my play...i mean, it's probably great as a mindgame, but it seems to leave you open for a little bit while you're turning around.

Levitas

the moon
yeah, it breaks your focus and allows your opponent to get his game back into full swing.

Ask anther about that one...
lol, anther just kidding. Did you get your phone charger back yet?

Top Bottom