• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Pikachu's Frame Data [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I believe he's got a topic like this stuck already, but the main differences are that mine is a tad more accurate/detailed/aesthetically pleasing.

He's free to either stick this one or edit his with the more accurate frames. I don't mind either way.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
I believe he's got a topic like this stuck already, but the main differences are that mine is a tad more accurate/detailed/aesthetically pleasing.

He's free to either stick this one or edit his with the more accurate frames. I don't mind either way.
Yeah, yours is better lol. That's why I'd like this one stickied.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I like the stat bars, nice touch. Really good to see all the data in one clean spot like that.

Cassio

Smash Master
This thread is one of those things I always dreamed of happening but never thought it actually would. Thank you based Aerodrome

Thor

Smash Champion
This is awesome! There's one thing that'd be nice to add... is it possible to add short-hop and full-hop airtimes? I find that information useful for looking at auto-cancel windows and FAF and such to see what can be done after a SH/FH aerial and whatnot, and I know the Brawl Pika frame data thread had that stuff.

Great work in any case!

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
This is awesome! There's one thing that'd be nice to add... is it possible to add short-hop and full-hop airtimes? I find that information useful for looking at auto-cancel windows and FAF and such to see what can be done after a SH/FH aerial and whatnot, and I know the Brawl Pika frame data thread had that stuff.

Great work in any case!
been meaning to add these for a while to the statistics thing

thanks for the reminder

Eonn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SirEon
Any links to explanations on how to read frame data? I'm completely new to this and have no idea what things like BWKB and KBG even stand for, let alone represent. How does a landing bair (I have no idea what that even means, as far as I know all that happens when you bair as you touch the ground is that you get massive endlag) come out on frame 1 but the attack comes out on frame 4 otherwise? Are angles measured relative to the character model or from our viewpoint? What is considered 45 degrees (I.e where is 0 degrees and its increments relative to the model or our viewpoint)? I'm quite confused.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Any links to explanations on how to read frame data? I'm completely new to this and have no idea what things like BWKB and KBG even stand for, let alone represent. How does a landing bair (I have no idea what that even means, as far as I know all that happens when you bair as you touch the ground is that you get massive endlag) come out on frame 1 but the attack comes out on frame 4 otherwise? Are angles measured relative to the character model or from our viewpoint? What is considered 45 degrees (I.e where is 0 degrees and its increments relative to the model or our viewpoint)? I'm quite confused.
Frame data is intended for advanced players.

www.kuroganehammer.com/Glossary

Start there^

Bair has a hitbox when it lands. As soon as you land, it transitions into Bair (Landing), where there's a frame 1-2 hitbox on landing.

Angles are 0 DEGREES > In front
90 degrees > up
270 degrees > down

Etc

Eonn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SirEon
Thanks a,
Frame data is intended for advanced players.

www.kuroganehammer.com/Glossary

Start there^

Bair has a hitbox when it lands. As soon as you land, it transitions into Bair (Landing), where there's a frame 1-2 hitbox on landing.

Angles are 0 DEGREES > In front
90 degrees > up
270 degrees > down

Etc
Thanks! I found the glossary shortly after posting but the angles help. And they are relative to the direction the character model is facing then, correct? Also, could you explain the bair's knock back please? It feels like sometimes they get forward while other times they go backwards. Is that solely determined by whether or not the 8th hit connects? Can you force them a certain direction reliably?

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
It depends on what side they're on when the 8th hit lands, generally.

If you hit them with bair when they're in front of you, they should get knocked forward. If they get hit behind you, they should get knocked backwards.

Thor

Smash Champion
This may be [very] difficult, but could we get landing lag of Quick Attack, both when you just have to go up onstage [you go up and diagonal up to land on Smashville's platform because you've already grabbed ledge once as an example] and the landing lag when you steer it into flat ground [ex: you are on the left ledge, hit back, double jump, quick attack directly right and then right and down into the ground]? Also, is it possible to get QAC data [for QAing on the slopes of Lylat or Kongo Jungle]?

I fully understand advanced QAC data will almost certainly come (if at all) after all characters have been completed, but I think knowing how laggy [or not laggy!] QA into flat ground is will prove useful both to Pikachu players looking at combos and at people who shield and want to punish [or know if a punish is safe or not].

Last edited:

Thor

Smash Champion
@Kurogane Hammer I apologize for the double post, but I do have to ask... is 190 KBG for Pikachu dsmash actually accurate? I feel like with that amount of KBG, the move would reliably kill... ANYONE at 130%, but I see people survive dsmash about 150%... is that a typo and it should say 90 KBG or is there something I'm missing???

Also, SH, FH airtimes - you just busy still farming data for others or what? And a quick mechanics question I'd figure you'd know about... if a SH is 30 frames and I airdodge the first frame of being airborne [so the airdodge FAF is frame 31 for Pikachu], frame 31 [the landing frame] I have just normal landing lag, correct? Or is it frame 32 I'd have to land? Or is there some extended time where an airdoge still induces lag? Obviously if I land frame 30 there's some lag, but I'm curious if the threshold is exactly on the FAF, if you have to have reached FAF already, or if it's something else.

Last but not least, is it possible to get all ledge options in there (neutral getup, roll on, ledge attack getup [where you press A], and ledgehop [pressing jump on the ledge])? If these numbers are universal for the cast, just posting them somewhere would be nice, but if they're not, I think they're pretty important to the character frame data.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
damage is part of the KB formula, luma uair has higher KB values than Warlock punch but only does 4% other than 30% for example.

air dodges have a autocancel frame, so to say

ledge options happen later. I've done 32 characters. Pikachu was the 8th. This stuff isnt something I can just mary poppins out of my morning latte.

Thor

Smash Champion
Thunder cloud is frame 13? You cannot react to it though

Or am I just stupid?
12 frames is 0.2 seconds, which is about the best reaction time there is. And airdodge is frame 4 invincibility, so you should need about 16 frames to react to something at a minimum, assuming you do an input the very next frame (and your brain has to process and make a decision, so it's technically a bit more than that), although doing it on prediction can save time (see people airdodging bouncing fish, which can be made as early as frame 17 or hit as late as frame 33 depending on if you press B - the reason people can airdodge it so easily raw [or at least most people seem to from what I've seen] is that they have sufficient time to process and hit R or L when they are predicting one will occur). So no, most people shouldn't be able to react to it.

That said, I kept hearing Thunder comes out frame 2... does that mean if you start the animation for 2 frames but get interrupted, Thunder still comes down, or what?

Last edited:

Emuchu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Emuchu
3DS FC
2320-6462-6471
12 frames is 0.2 seconds, which is about the best reaction time there is. And airdodge is frame 4 invincibility, so you should need about 16 frames to react to something at a minimum, assuming you do an input the very next frame (and your brain has to process and make a decision, so it's technically a bit more than that), although doing it on prediction can save time (see people airdodging bouncing fish, which can be made as early as frame 17 or hit as late as frame 33 depending on if you press B - the reason people can airdodge it so easily raw [or at least most people seem to from what I've seen] is that they have sufficient time to process and hit R or L when they are predicting one will occur). So no, most people shouldn't be able to react to it.

That said, I kept hearing Thunder comes out frame 2... does that mean if you start the animation for 2 frames but get interrupted, Thunder still comes down, or what?
Right, the thunder cloud appears on frame 2 of Pika's animation, and will continue to execute afterwards, even if Pika is hit, with its first active hit box appearing on frame 13 and the bolt coming down after. That's why it's considered a good combo breaker: you can mash it out mid-string and it'll come down even if Pika gets hit, and because you only need a 2-frame window to activate it, it can get you out of situations where the 3-frame air dodge would be too slow.

Hoenn

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hoenn101
@ Emuchu Emuchu You gain access to the air dodge option faster in hitstun than you do attacking moves or jumping.

Air dodging is just more punishable.

It might be different at lower percentages though, I do not know the formula for what frame allows you to air dodge and what frame lets you throw out a safer option like jumping or thunder.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Am I supposed to do something? I see that it says that this guide is awaiting for approval. Why is this being deleted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom