• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu videos that would make Anther proud - My Pika.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
So, I played with Anther recently, and he inspired me to pick up pikachu. I also have a hard time against Snake with my GW and ICs, so I picked up pika for this match-up as well.

Now, I have only been playing Pika for two days, so don't be too harsh XD. I do learn fast and understand this game very well though :).

Without further hyping this up(lol), I present to you:

Hylian(Pikachu) vs Rayzorium(Ike)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxzaADQ1Ii4

Hylian(Pika) vs Rayzorium(ROB)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypU2DU0Ln0w

Hylian(Pika) vs Rayzorium(Marth)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTR4nCq0yTg

My Pikachu.

Enjoy :).

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
Oh-Ho, nice timing on that Headbutt at the end of the Marth vid. I laughed so much I thought I'd wake someone up.

Spyckie

Smash Apprentice
noooo hylian once you jump on the pikachu bandwagon everyone will want to play as pikachu...

Very nice timing on the QAC for only playing 2 days. I can already see some new uses of QAC from your play.

btw, its rare, but look out for situations where opponents have to tech. QACing through them like what you love to do locks them in. :)

I would say more, but its tough because your opponent isn't that good (or is on an off-day). Maybe I'm spoiled by watching people like overswarm who powershields everyone one of pikachu's attacks and punishes any landing lag, but... yeah, your opponent... doesn't really count.

I would say get familiar with all the quirks of pikachu, especially the lag times. For instance, try to auto-cancel all your aerials (sh nair and fair, full-hopped bair). Also, QAC -> jump actually has landing lag if you don't do anything; cancel it with a thunderjolt or an fair. Finally, QAC spamming may not work on fast attacking characters like ROB, whose dsmash is actually faster than pikachu's dsmash - so learn which characters can punish your QAC.

not that it will help, but it may give you suggestions on things you can do with Pikachu - *haha, my fugly pikachu video* http://youtube.com/watch?v=08orVEALkr0

Have fun with Pikachu! (not that you aren't already with QAC...)

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
noooo hylian once you jump on the pikachu bandwagon everyone will want to play as pikachu...

Very nice timing on the QAC for only playing 2 days. I can already see some new uses of QAC from your play.

btw, its rare, but look out for situations where opponents have to tech. QACing through them like what you love to do locks them in. :)

I would say more, but its tough because your opponent isn't that good (or is on an off-day). Maybe I'm spoiled by watching people like overswarm who powershields everyone one of pikachu's attacks and punishes any landing lag, but... yeah, your opponent... doesn't really count.

I would say get familiar with all the quirks of pikachu, especially the lag times. For instance, try to auto-cancel all your aerials (sh nair and fair, full-hopped bair). Also, QAC -> jump actually has landing lag if you don't do anything; cancel it with a thunderjolt or an fair. Finally, QAC spamming may not work on fast attacking characters like ROB, whose dsmash is actually faster than pikachu's dsmash - so learn which characters can punish your QAC.

not that it will help, but it may give you suggestions on things you can do with Pikachu - *haha, my fugly pikachu video* http://youtube.com/watch?v=08orVEALkr0

Have fun with Pikachu! (not that you aren't already with QAC...)
Thanks :). I think I am pretty sloppy with Pika. I throw out attacks too much. I will work on my precision.

My goal is to be at the point where I am constantly attacking and pressuring people with QAC and other things while not leaving myself open much.

plasmid

Smash Apprentice
Nice Vids. I've been playin Pika for a while and I don't eve QAC that well.

BbqCombo

Smash Apprentice
Very nice vids! Welcome to pikachu :D I loved the timing of skull bash at the end of the marth vid ^_~

BANNANERZ

Viewtiful-FX

Smash Apprentice
That's some nice QAC'ing. I've been playing Pikachu for some time now, and I still haven't gotten the hang of QAC.

Very nice Pikachu for only 2 days.

Svkv

Smash Cadet
Nice vids, man. I always get a headache when I watch a good Pikachu though. So much QACing :laugh:

drudge

Smash Rookie
impressive pikachu, especially for 2 days.

that ROB was pretty awful though.

gallax

Smash Hero
a good pika. i would definately try and deal more damage against ike with thunderjolt and spamming the dsmash. heavier characters i use the QAC less since it is easier to rack up more damage by getting in close, smashing, thunderjolting, and grabbing. faster charcters, like marth, i would use the QAC more than the heavier characters. overall, u have a god pika after 2 days.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I use the default GC control settings.

NeptunerAV

Smash Cadet
Oh wow.

1:00 on ur first vid, that chain of QACs = epic.

i wish i could do that D:

EDIT:

oh btw

how do u reduce landing lag on ur bairs? general knowledge question lol

i are noob :(

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hylian is the most fun to play, nicest smasher, and he's amazing, as you can see! ***** with like every character of course. His Pikachu is very inspirational lol :D
Wow uh...

:). You guys are too much haha. I am going to Arizona this weekend to see how I stack up nationally >_>. Should be fun.

whut?

Smash Journeyman
good pika dood, just dont QAC so much, you are vulnerable throughout the whole process.
thats like ike users who think sideB gets them around faster, it ends up hurting more than it helps!!

Heavenly Cloud

Smash Apprentice
Well i just witnessed the best pikachu I've ever seen... and that marth got abused, taunted, and just generally wrecked. Good job.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Woah let's not get carried away. QACing everywhere =/= amazing. Good for two days but if thats the best pikachu you've ever seen then go watch Anther.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
good pika dood, just dont QAC so much, you are vulnerable throughout the whole process.
thats like ike users who think sideB gets them around faster, it ends up hurting more than it helps!!
He hast that spoken his words of wisdom. Soak them, for he is the new mew2king, and here to reign.

Oh, and Hylian, your Pika is good ^.^ I can't honestly say I've ever been addicted to getting my *** kicked by someone until I played you XD (Though, I guess I did win all but 3 rounds...) You are seriously fun to play, and very polite about it. Can't say I don't love that ^.^ Also good to see a great player teach Birds, we had no idea what to tell her about Pikachu XD

Roller

Smash Legend
Wow, almost as good as your ice climbers lol.

My only comment would be don't over use QuAC, another good player (like yourself) Will catch on and capitalize on it. other than that you are great. especially with QA edge hogging.

Top Bottom