• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu?, Michael Eisner, Atticus Finch, or Dr. Strangelove? An intellectual debate

F8X

Smash Ace
What is Pikachu and what does he represent? Is he an illusion to man kinds sufferings? Is he the ex-owner of Disney? Does he kill mockingbirds? Does he " SET US UP THE BOMB?"(see figure a)

I ask these questions with a sincere desire that we can understand our world and our society?

Figure a.

cF=)

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure Pokemon in general was made in the purpose of psychologically testing children to the effects of anime and competition exposure at young age. It worked, I've spended too much money on it ;(

Pikachu, however, represents the third anti-christ if you want my opinion...

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
Pikachu is a Freudian allusion to our natural, childhood fear of butts.

THERE. I SAID IT. BUTTS.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Pikachu obviously represents the unrelenting, innocent spirit of freedom like that in Of Mice and Men. His refusal to stay in Ash's pokeball is a symbol of self rule and inner strength. Not only that, but notice how he never evolves no matter how many battles he has triumphed in. Pikachu isn't just a mascot, he is the image of noncomformity in a harsh and cruel world.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Exactly what I'm talking about.

Evolving to a Raichu would require outside help which is unlike the character of the independant Pikachu. He trains to be the best, and this is what makes Pikachu the image of the importance in striving for perfection. No matter how hard he trains, he wont reach his perfect state, but he must keep battling to get a little bit stronger. Eventually he'll catch up to other "perfect" pokemon and defeat them.

Pikachu is my hero.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Exactly what I'm talking about.

Evolving to a Raichu would require outside help which is unlike the character of the independant Pikachu. He trains to be the best, and this is what makes Pikachu the image of the importance in striving for perfection. No matter how hard he trains, he wont reach his perfect state, but he must keep battling to get a little bit stronger. Eventually he'll catch up to other "perfect" pokemon and defeat them.

Pikachu is my hero.
Or he just doesn't care cause....he just didn't want Thunderstone Radiation Sickness. Every Eevee that evolves experiences it. Symptoms are:

Diarrea
Herpes
Boards turning into PokeBoards
Awesome MIDI music
Whiny smashers who cant take a joke
Naziism
Bombs
All your base are belong to us

And last but not least:

EVOLUTION.

That sir is unchristian AND supports Darwin. I do not aprove of evolution and I know why Pikachu doesn't either. <_< Now you know....

Top Bottom